“Great staff and easy walk to old city” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Quebec

Save Saved
You added Hilton Quebec to your Saves list
Hilton Quebec
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Rene Levesque East, Quebec City, Quebec G1R 4P3 , Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer rates from $139!
Ranked #38 of 97 hotels in Quebec City
Saint Albans, Vermont
“Great staff and easy walk to old city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Staff were very friendly and accommodating. The bellman even made an animal balloon for my 2 year old daughter. English spoken well. Very nice rooms with large picture windows. Short walk to the old part of the city but remember good boots in winter. Overall a very nice hotel.

• Stayed December 2012

1,055 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband had a meeting here, so I tagged along. Our room faced the Parliament Building across the city. I was able to walk to the Old Town, since this hotel is just outside the wall. The room was clean, modern and quiet. The front desk was friendly, efficient and helpful.
We did not eat any meals here, since we wanted to experience the restaurants in the Old Town.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Burlington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed here in the middle of winter, we could't walk to old quebec city becuase of heavy snow, but we didn't have a problem to sightseeing with ecolobus(1$ per person, station near Hilton).
I thing a good walk distance from Hilton in the other seasons.
There is an outdoor pool provided hot water, so all member of our family enjoyed swimming in the heart of snow flakes flying. It was awesome!!!!

Room Tip: request a room of river side and higher floors has a wonderful view of old quebec city. order room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have gone up to Quebec City with my girlfriend for 3 days and 3 nights and we stayed at this Hilton hotel. I asked for a room on the upper floors and with a view to the old city/St. Lawrence river. The lady at the front desk was super polite. We ended up getting a room on the 22nd floor with a full view to old Quebec & river - it was just stunning. I was not expecting this at all.

Everything in the hotel is superb, starting with the rooms, staff, gym, swimming pool and all the way down to the 4-story underground parking. I have absolutely no complaints - this hotel is everything I could ever ask for. They even brought us a wine bottle opener to our room within 5 min after I called the front desk asking for one.

The rooms themselves are very nicely furnished and clean and the king-sized bed is unbelievably comfortable. The cleaning staff also do a great job at keeping the room looking its best.

Overall, amazing stay. Thank you Hilton!

Room Tip: As high as possible and a view onto the old city/St. Lawrence River. Can't go wrong!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Georgetown, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The Hilton Quebec has been one of my favorite Hilton’s for years, but not now.
I’ve stayed many nights and always had good experiences.
Let me begin by saying it may have been due to the season (Christmas) but the hotel isn’t the same as when I visited a year ago. With that said, let me say the staff was friendly as always.
My biggest disappointment was the Executive Lounge. It used to be renowned for its fine breakfast and evening reception, but not any more.
The espresso machine is gone, and the breakfast was not even Hampton Inn quality.
For my next trip I’ll opt out of this property and stay at the Hôtel Palace Royal down the street.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DanyThibault, General Manager at Hilton Quebec, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Good morning,

Thank you for commenting our hotel. It is with great disappointment that I read your comment.

I was surprised to read that you did not enjoy the breakfast in the executive lounge. It is not very common that we get such a comment. We have not made many changes to our menu. I believe they only removed the cheese platter because it was not a Hilton standard. Also, in Québec City, we are above the Hilton executive lounge standard required. We kept lots of items that are not supposed to be offered in the continental buffet. As for the coffee machine, I know that a part has broken during the holidays but rest assured that it currently at the vendor getting fixed and that they are lending us a machine temporarily in order to accommodate our guests.

I sincerely am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and wish to apologize for the inconvenience of our broken coffee machine. If ever you plan another stay in Quebec City and you wish to give us a second chance, please contact me directly and I will take care of your reservation personally.

Dany Thibault
Prince George, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The hotel is not very well maintained. Room service was a joke. I got in very late on the first night, nothing open, so i ordered pasta salad to my room. The food was mediocre and not a whole lot there on the plate. The room is loud, and noisy. I was on the 17th floor and you could here noise from the pool most evenings. You can here everything in the hallway. The elevators everytime they open and close and the ding of the elevator arriving, conversations of people in the hallway, you can see why you hear everything because you see light thru the door, almost like the door they used is to small for the opening. You can hear water running and toilets flushing in rooms above you. One day I had to ask to have my room made up, every other day it was mediocre to say the least. there was a hair beret on the floor in the bathroom the whole stay. not thorough at all. They never replaced the cups by the ice bucket at all with clean ones when clearly the ones that were there were dirty and used. there was cutlery left over on the side counter with the butter from the buns that was clearly dirty yet they thought that it should sit all week. I requested a newspaper in the morning as instructed to do so. First morning nothing, I had to phone, they said no problem they would bring it up, nothing, next morning had to phone they said they would bring it up nothing, finally after getting mad they brought one up and it was fine the rest of the week. There is no information in the room about services offered, where the ice machine is, a hotel directory, tv channel listing or anything. there is not even a phone book. when i phoned to inquire they stated it was a green initiative, I call balony on that one since it is something that stays in the room and there are ways to make it a little better on the enviroment by using better paper maybe laminated it so it can just be wiped clean, all in all other than the location, the hotel is not worth the money they charge and they in my mind are nothing more than a two star trying to be a four star. much better value at other chains

Room Tip: get as far away from the elevator as possible
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your past stay. I must say that I was troubled by your review. This is really not the type of comment I enjoy reading. Especially when I know the high level of service that our hotel usually offers. It seems like you have had an issue with everything at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for your less than satisfactory experience. I understand how frustrating it is when you have the feeling that nothing is going right.

I would really appreciate if you could send me more details (your room number and dates of stay) in order for me to do a proper follow up with our housekeeping, front office, room service and maintenance departments regarding all of your troubles. I can be reached at dany.thibault@hilton.com .

For future references, I must specify that you will find our guest service directory online as well as on the television (Channel 37). This information is mentioned on the work desk in your room. The reason being for this is both for environmental and financial purposes because the information changes regularly (hours of operations, prices, locations, etc.) Being online and on the television helps us keep the information accurate.

I am aware that we are not immune to mistakes. However, it is how we handle the situation that can help leave a positive impression. If ever you plan another stay in Quebec City and you wish to give us another try, please contact me directly and I will take care of your reservation personally.

Dany Thibault
Vermont, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We've always stayed in local small hotels inside the city walls when enjoying Quebec City, but decided to try the towering Hilton located just outside the walls for our New Year's visit this time. My jaw dropped when we arrived in our 19th-floor room and pulled back the drapes; the view of the Ste. Lawrence Seaway and the old city is stunning. Stunning during a snowstorm, in morning light, in evening twilight, and at night before sinking into our incredibly-comfortable bed. The room was comfortable, the bathroom had been updated, and we rested well there between adjacent uphill and downhill walks around the old city inside and outside the historic walls...be sure to explore Rue St. Jean for restaurants, and pop downhill into the Nuovo St.-Roch neighborhood for bistro food. We learned during check-in that there's a 3rd-floor outdoor heated pool, but we hadn't packed swimwear...many fellow elevator-riders seemed to have enjoyed the experience during the weekend's sub-freezing temperatures. Don't miss the city's New Year's Eve celebration on La Grande Allee, especially traditional music in the George V Park area, followed by fireworks.

Room Tip: Without doubt, choose to stay in a river-view room on a high floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Quebec? Share your experiences!