“Great Location!! Comfortable Rooms, but Very Thin Walls” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Quebec

You added Hilton Quebec to your Saves list
Hilton Quebec
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Rene Levesque East, Quebec City, Quebec G1R 4P3 , Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
FREE WiFi now - Feb 28th!
Ranked #37 of 104 Hotels in Quebec City
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Location!! Comfortable Rooms, but Very Thin Walls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I spent two nights at the Hilton Quebec City. It is in about as central a location as possible...amazingly close to the Old City and to the Fields of Abraham. The hotel was very busy when I was there. Service was top notch, very friendly. The room was quite comfortable, and beds equally so. My only gripe about the room is that the walls are so thin that I could hear conversations in the adjoining room and in the hallway. This was frustrating when other guests were up for their day at 5 am and I wanted to sleep until 7. I was pleasantly surprised that this hotel offered AT&T wireless services so I didn't have to subscribe to the expensive hotel access. Breakfast was very pricey. If you don't want to pay $20+ for the buffet, do yourself a favor and visit one of the wonderful bakeries in the Old City...yummy. The Concierge service was very helpful in finding local tours for us, and the gift shop is quite good and reasonable. Overall I was very pleased with the hotel and would stay there again if my travels ever bring me back to Quebec City.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the elevator. The higher floors have beautiful views of the city
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

After finishing a 10-day cruise this was the final leg of our trip. Nice Hilton in a great location to walk all over Old town Quebec. Comfortable rooms with those ever-so-comfy hilton beds! . We checked in around 11am and was given a room right away. We didn't have to wait which was nice. All staff members were very friendly, even the busy bellmen. Great rates, great location with many little bistro type resturants two streets from hotel. I would not hesitate to recommend this place for the leisure travler. As it is connected to a small convention center I can see why it is always busy but don't let this keep the leisure travller from booking this property.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic view. Get a king for the better views. Great location. Service as friendly as the French cam manage. From most rooms you can see where the battle field where the British defeated the French (again) to take control of Canada. Car park ok but nit suited to tall vehicles.

• Stayed October 2012
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Specially if you are a Hilton HHonors Gold cardmember. Having access to the lounge at the 23rd floor, you get free breakfast, free coffee and (non-alcoholic) drinks, and free snacks all day.
Rooms were huge, quite up to date.
Only drawback was the bath curtain. At this level it should be a glass wall.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a River view, although they're normally more expensive.
Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The Hilton Quebec City is in a remarkable location with very easy walking access to the heart of downtown Old Quebec. Next door to many historical locations, you really will like the location of the Hilton.

The lobby is clean and modern and tasteful with ample sitting and space for a large number of guests coming and going. Bell staff and concierge clearly busy, but approachable and quick.

Checkin was efficient, polite and of course, fluently bilingual. My room was not quite ready, but the hotel staff advised me to wait an hour since I had a really terrific room booked and they didn't want to change it in favor of an earlier checking. Good advice.

A short time doing a bit of work on my computer with a perch in the bar area with a place to plug in my computer and work comfortably.

Upon entering my room, my immediate thought was that this was something special. On the 13th floor, with a corner king sized room, I nearly fell over at the view. Now this is panoramic. Floor to ceiling windows on two walls, a view of the river from one, the parliament buildings and lots of green space and beautiful fall foilage from the other. Exsquisite furnishings, linens, and bath amenities. Deluxe on every level.

Bedding was crisp, of very high quality and the bed ridiculously comfortable.

Access to the executive lounge was heavenly. Dress is smart casual and a quiet haven for a cocktail in the evening or breakfast before the day begins.

The only downside was a fair bit of traffic noise most noticeable in my room during the late afternoon hours. Did not bother me for sleep. No between room noise or water noise.

Well, now I am conflicted with a couple of great hotels to have experienced in Quebec City, but I have to say, I think the Hilton wins for a variety of reasons. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Get a river view and if possible, book yourself a corner room. The view is simply spectacular!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Coastal Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Quebec for two nights in October. It was a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend staying here. As Hilton Honors members we were upgraded to the executive floors, which allowed us access to the Executive Lounge. We enjoyed the free breakfast both mornings - although not lavish it was adequate to give us a start on the day with bagels, croissants, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, fruit, etc. We did not try the food in the hotel restaurant as we ate all of our other meals in Old Quebec. The room size was adequate and the beds were extremely comfortable. The hotel was also exceptionally clean. The heated outdoor swimming pool was wonderful, although a hot tub would complete the package. The location of the hotel is fantastic - a mere 3 or 4 minute walk into Old Quebec in on direction and just a few minutes to the Plains of Abraham in the other. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel. We actually plan on returning for Winter Carnival.

Room Tip: Go to the Executive Lounge at lunchtime (when you don't need a special card to enter) for an awe...
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

after getting lost finding (you need more prominent signage) it we were extremely happy with our room and all the facilities of this hotel, the location was perfect also and we were able to walk everywhere, the only disappointment was not being able to stay there long enough so we will definately return to this location. i had considered the marriott around the corner but i'm glad we chose the hilton.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
DanyThibault, General Manager at Hilton Quebec, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience. I couldn't be happier to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in our beautiful city and that you will be coming back for more!

We will be more than delighted to welcome you back at the Hilton Québec.

Dany Thibault

Been to Hilton Quebec? Share your experiences!