“Awesome Experience!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel de Glace

You added Hotel de Glace to your Saves list
Hotel de Glace
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9530, rue de la Faune, Quebec City, Quebec G1G 5H9, Canada   |
Ranked #27 of 104 Hotels in Quebec City
Trinity, North Carolina
“Awesome Experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We were there in January and had the best time. The hotel itself is specatular and the staff were very friendly. We enjoyed the ability to take a hot shower and catch a snack in the heated building, but also enjoyed sleeping in the room (after a very helpful orientation on how to prepare to sleep in a room made of ice!). Hitting the outdoor hot tubs before bedtime was simply awesome as there was a slight snow flurry.

Room Tip: We [ersonally did not pay extra for a decorated room, since you spend so little time in there and ge...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

A very unique experience. It's expensive, but it's a truly beautiful creation. My partner and I stayed there with a 2-night package - one night in the ice hotel and the other at the lodge and we felt it was well worth it. The package allowed us to use the facilities as well, to cross country ski, hike, sled, etc. The service was terrific, the staff help you get prepared for your night and they even brought hot chocolate to our room in the morning.
It's a a unique and fun way to enjoy our Canadian winters!
If you don't want to spend the night, you can buy a day pass just to go in and look around.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Tipp City, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I splurged for our 38th wedding anniversary, and stayed a night in this hotel made entirely of ice and snow. :) It was very, very cool--in more ways than the obvious. We enjoyed having the hotel grounds rather private. It was made available to only those spending the night. It had been very crowded during the day, but all non-resident visitors had to leave at 8:30. There was an ice skating rink, ice slides--inside and outside, an ice chapel, an igloo to climb in for fun, a bar serving drinks in "ice glasses."
We slept rather fitfully--but it wasn't the hotel's fault. We had an orientation to teach us how to stay warm in our liners and sleeping bags. We literally slept on a sheet of ice covered with a mattress. My body was warm but my eyes were so cold, it kept me awake. It was 5 degrees. In the morning, we used the hot tubs and saunas. The hot breakfast was great. We laughed so much and had a great time. Many memories!!

Room Tip: Spend extra money and get a room with fancy ice sculptures and fireboxes...if you can.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Probably a once in a lifetime experience but probably one of the most fantastic nights I have ever experienced! Each room is individually themed by invited artists/designers. It is breathtakingly beautiful - an ice palace really. Everything is ice! I imagined a night of bed melting passion however it is well worth following the advice given by the staff prior to settling in for the night so that you can remain comfortable at -5 degrees until morning.

Room Tip: book ahead
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Myself and my wife stayed here in Janurary of 2012 as a weekend getaway.

First the service - The service is very friendly and helpful, and strangely a bit informal (which is not neccessarily a good or bad thing). They were very accomidating and all were young with great positive energy.

The rooms - Clean, obviously! The suites are amazingly beautiful, however we stayed in a regular room which is rather basic, not a big deal, as you don't spend much time in the room as it's really just an ice cave.

The bar is spectacular. It's all backlit by colored LEDs that give it such a cool look.

The hotel offers free coffee, tea and hot chocolate (via a huge kuregge machine). Outside hot tubs and a dry sauna is free for all guests to use.

It's hard to describe really, the whole thing was just a magical experience, and something you really must do for once in your life. It's a hotel that's worth going to for it's own merit however being in Quebec City (which is by itself, one of the most romantic cities in North America) is just icing on the cake.

It's great for a night, but no need to stay more than 1 night.

Room Tip: The suites are definately more beautiful than regular rooms, but beyond the obvious activities, ther...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

What can I say, I felt like an ice princess at the Hotel De Glace! My boyfriend and another couple and I booked our room through a deal find website online MONTHS in advance (I reccommend this if you want to reserve a room during the weekend, otherwise there won't be many left). We both got a beautiful room even though it was through an onlien deal. We arrived around 3pm and were busy until the moment we left the next day. The hotel is absolutelty stunning. The attention to detail in the architecture blew me away. Make sure you dress VERY warmly if you are staying the night! I wore my snowboarding pants and extremely warm winter jacket and boots. I didn't feel the cold, but saw many shivering souls in jeans!!! Because we were dressed so warmly we were able to enjoy drinks at the bar in glasses made of ice (very cool). We went for dinner at the french restaurant the hotel reccommeds, there's a free shuttle that takes you to it. The food was mediocre, my fish was way overcooked. I wouldn't reccommend it. At night after we had drinks at the bar we enjoyed the outdoor hot tubs and sauna. Great experience and a MUST! Before we went to sleep we ordered food which was delivered to the hotel. They only brought us literally half of our order, we were extremely hungry and upset at this point. The only downside to the entire trip was the food, definitely lacking. The sleeping bags provided at night are very warm, I wore leggings and a tank top underneath and was comfortable. The only time I felt the cold was when I was getting out of my snowpants and into the sleeping bag. Make sure you don't rush this process too much because my boyfriend did and got stuck halfway into his bag. It took a couple of minutes for me to help him in and let's just say it wasn't a pleasant experience for him in -10 degree weather. The next day we all booked a 2 hour snow mobiling trip. This was the highlight for us! The trail in Quebec is over 17,000km long and goes through forests, hills, and flat lands. You could aslo drive up to 80km/hour on the weekend (no limit during week days because the trails aren't as busy), which made it super fun. What an adventure! Definitely book the snowmobiles for a minimum of 1 hour during your stay. Our experience was awesome because we dressed appropriately and are overall adventurous and easy going people. If that sounds like you, then definitely book a night at the hotel, you will not regret it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Visiting the Hotel de Glace was in my list for a long time. I didn't spend the night there, just made a quick tour before heading to Quebec City's Carnival. But it was worth it! It's amazing what those guys can make just with ice. I hope one day I can go back and spend the night.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel de Glace? Share your experiences!