Stayed four nights at the hotel in October 2012. We looked at a number of hotels and were glad we chose to stay at Hotel Manoir Victoria despite tripadvisor comments about the stairs from the road to the reception. We had big heavy bags and were worried it might take us a lot of effort to get them upstairs. Our worries were in vain as staff were at hand to open the doors and take our bags upstairs and all the way to our room.
The hotel is a gem in many ways. While situated almost opposite to a big hospital, you could not tell, it was so quiet. It is also only a stone's throw away from the shops and the old town, very convenient. It is also a walking distance from the main railway station and it is downhill all the way but if you have many or big bags or if it rains, you may just opt for a short taxi ride.
The hotel itself was beautiful, luxurious even for us who do not often stay in fancy hotels. Our room was on the 5th floor facing the back, with a glimpse of the Parliament from the window. The room was very nice and spacious and well appointed, bathroom likewise. It was also quiet. Breakfast was not included but we chose to eat downstairs and paid $18 pp for a buffet breakfast. My dietary requirements were well taken care of. We also used the sauna (a proper one even four sauna connoisseurs) and the pool and they were clean and supervised.
The icing on the cake was Bistro Chez Boulet which was colocated with the hotel. Again, for people who do not regularly dine in fancy restaurants, Chez Boulet was amazing. You have to eat there if you stay at the hotel, actually, even if you stay somewhere else. The food is really delicious and affordable. Hotel staff will assist you with making a booking if you want.
We would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Old Quebec, Hotel Manoir Victoria extends a warm welcome in an inviting decor that was recently renovated now offers a smoke free environment in its 156 rooms and suites. Fine dining at "La Table du Manoir," the relaxed atmosphere of the resto-bistro "Le St-James," free wireless high speed Internet access, an indoor pool, a sauna, a fitness centre, an Internet lounge and indoor parking with valet service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hotel Manoir Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manoir Victoria Hotel Quebec City
- Hotel Manoir Victoria Quebec/Quebec City