“Winter Festival” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate

Save Saved
You added Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate to your Saves list
Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3100 Chemin St-Louis, Quebec City, Quebec G1W 1R8, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #17 of 102 hotels in Quebec City

496 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I would have given the hotel more stars if it wasn't for the disgusting smell in our first room we were given- room 158. I thought the room's overwhelming cigarette smoke would go away and it was just the standard 'hotel smell'. But the sheets wreaked of it and the next morning my asthma kicked in and my hair smelled of the room! When I complained at the front desk the next morning, they accommodated very nicely with a non- smelly room. It made me appreciate the well appointed, more modern and new furniture and bathroom shower! Partially because of the wood laminate floors, the room appeared clean enough that I felt comfortable letting my 4 and 2 yr olds play on the floor of the room. Carpet makes me worried. The front desk women were very kind and always had smiles on their faces.

The attached restaurant had very good fresh 'American' breakfast- eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, pancake/crepe, breads, cereals, juice, etc. it wasn't free, but the hotel provides you with a 15% off coupon. Breakfast for 2 adults and 2 kids was about $37 with taxes and tip. Provided a hearty meal for the days' activities.

The hotel was convenient enough (15 min drive) to Old Quebec and Winter Carnaval, which is why we drove to Quebec City from Greenwich, CT.

Old Quebec was a winter wonderland and reminded me of being in Europe all over again. I would recommend thus hotel and stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013
CaroleCote, Director of operations at Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Bonjour Flipinflix,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and my apologies for the unfortunate situation with the room 158. However I am glad that you have appreciated the helpfulness and responsiveness of our team in order to assure you a comfortable stay at our hotel.

Thanks for your appreciation about the comfort of our Signature rooms as well as your excellent comments concerning the hearty breakfast of our restaurant La Fenouilliere.

Best regards from Quebec city,

Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Hands down, the nicest Best Western hotel I have ever been to. The staff were incredibly helpful and polite, switching with ease from French to English when needed. The rooms were comfy and clean, the beds were soft and large and the renovated shower in the bathroom was SUPERB! The bus stop right out front takes 15 minutes to get to old Quebec and the Aquarium is a 7 minute walk away. There is a grocery store within a 5 minute walk and a fantastic Italian restaurant called Piazzeta right next to it with delicious food for amazing prices (they also do take out). The hotel was easy to find off the highway, and has ample parking space. I will be recommending this place to my friends and family for years to come! Well done!

Room Tip: The air gets very dry in Quebec city, in winter, so what we did was run the shower on hot for 10 min...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bonjour J H,

What a great review! Thank you for taking time to share your comments and you can be assure that I will share it with all the team.

I am delighted that our fully renovated rooms have exceeded your expectations. We take great pride in offering very comfortable rooms, great service at a competitive price.

Thanks again to recommend our hotel for years to come and waiting the pleasure to welcome you again should your plans bring you back in Quebec.

Baguio, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Been here for winter (Feb 6-9, 2013) excellent location travelling further away (15 mins drive) to and fro the tourist destination (old quebec), close to main scenery (lawrence river) and lower quebec, to ice hotel only 15 mins away. Its close to major routes makes easy to explore the outside part of the city and going to ski resorts. One thing, the location is good with spacious view of the outside (not closeby other bldgs). Its a good accomodation in general and i like the wood flooring in our 2 beds room looks neat, hotel is clean, comfy for bedtime rest, good services you can ask for, except the morning checkout we were awaken @ 9am reminded of our checkout time which is an annoying part! Very nice hotel and highly recommended for its value.

Room Tip: bathroom is small, very small counter to put your stuffs, few wall hooks to hang important clothing...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
CaroleCote, Director of operations at Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Bonjour latrinidadbenguet,

Thank you for sharing your great comments following your stay at our hotel.

As many other guests you have taken advantage of our strategic location close to all major highways. We are very proud to have a dedicated housekeeping team looking after the cleanliness and comfort of our guests. Please accept our sincere apologies for the incident on your departure date; you can be assured that I will do the appropriate follow-up concerning this situation.

Again thank you for your ‘’high recommendation’’we really appreciate!

Best regards from Quebec,

ALLISTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

During my family spend three days in Quebec City. One night stayed Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate the other night stayen Hotel Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac.
Hotel Chateau was good location and proud to stay in. If I go back to Quebec City I will choose Best Western l'Aristocrate again. Because room is cleaner and well renovated, great morden style bathroom and less crowed. It is little far from to Old Town(20 minutes driving) but beautiful drive way besides of river. Free WIFI and parking (not Hotel Chateau) and reasonable rates.
Only one problem was a bad driver scratched may car beside me (not that big but still heay heart), that was not their fault. Anyway It was great night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CaroleCote, Director of operations at Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Bonjour Alliston,

Thank you for your great comment! I am delighted and so pleased to read that you have choosen our hotel for your future visit to Quebec city.

We are very proud to offer our guests a brand new décor as well at competitive rates including free amenities such as parking and WIFI.

Best regards from Quebec,

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This modern hotel provided an exceptional room with outstanding service at business travel rates. My stay here changed my perspective about Best Western Premier hotels! It is comparable if not better than Hiltons, Marriotts, and Sheratons. The room was very modern and well equipped. The art pieces in the room were outstanding. Service was truly good from the entire staff. 4+ star restaurant on premises, though a bit pricey for menu, was a nice treat. Don't be deceived by the typical Best Western exterior on this hotel, it is a gem in Quebec! One of my top choices for business travel in Quebec.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CaroleCote, Director of operations at Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Bonjour Tom D.,

Thanks you for your great review and for your statement: It is a gem in Quebec; I love it as well as all the team!

I am delighted with your comments about the comfort as well as our brand new décor.
Waiting the pleasure to welcome you again upon your next visit to Quebec,

Best regards from the Aristocrate,

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Wonderful stay with new rooms and very curtious people.
The restaurant serves wonderful meals which are 5 stars.
They only little thing I could say is that the 15% coupon offered for the restaurant, should be applicable to room service which it is not.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CaroleCote, Director of operations at Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Bonjour Sylvie L.,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

I am glad that you have appreciated our new décor as well as the quality of service. I will share with the restaurant’s team your great comment about the quality and thank you for the 5 stars!

Carole

Been to Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate? Share your experiences!