“2 Star Motel quality” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel

You added Clarion Hotel to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3125 Hochelaga Boulevard | Sainte-Foy, Quebec City, Quebec G1V 4A8, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #80 of 104 Hotels in Quebec City
New York, New York, United States
“2 Star Motel quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Not a good hotel.
1) Don't be fooled by the pictures shown, that is not what my room looked like at all, I wish i had taken pictures so I can show you guys. Room and hallway feels dirty and old. Everything is 2 star motel quality.

2) Host hotel for "Breakaway Tours", thats a party tour for high school/college kids. Hundreds of kids getting drunk and partying at the hotel. Unless that's you're cup of tea, avoid.

3) Staff does bare minimum. If you need something such as a fork or a menu for food (no room service here, don't be ridiculous) you go down to get it.

Will not stay here again. Go to another.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Eric N, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear guest,

We wish to thank you for taking the time to send us your impressions following your recent stay with us. We are sorry that your stay was not to your complete satisfaction. Your comments are important to us because they allow us to improve our services.

We would like to inform you that our hotel has 231 rooms divided into three categories and 80% of them were renovated in past few years. In addition, we are planning the renovation of the remaining inventory in the next few months.

Over the past weeks, several major hotels of the region have welcomed groups of students for the Winter Break. Know that nothing had been neglected to ensure the tranquility of our regular guest. Also, we would like to reassure you that we welcome such groups rarely.

In response to your comment on the service, be sure that an appropriate follow up will be made with our staff. Our staff has been formed to meet our costumers’ needs.

I invite you to contact me personally on your next visit to the area where I will be happy to offer you the best we have to offer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Laval, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed for two nights February 1st -3rd, and were very impressed. We had a room on the 11th floor, with a king sized bed and a beautiful view of the bridge. The best part of our room was the heated floor in the bathroom, much appreciated as it was a very chilly week-end. Internet connection was fine, the size of the room perfect for two, and very well heated as we could control the temperature. Housekeeping did a great job, no complaints.

The pasta supper offered at night smelled great, but we didn't try it, However, the breakfast for 15$ taxes and service included was delicious and varied, we could even order our eggs cooked to taste.

We would definitely return to this hotel. When we booked via expedia we had specified that we wanted a renovated room, having read this in other reviews. For those, who did not appreciate their room, maybe that should have made the same request.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room on the upper floors.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Eric N, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

I wish to thank you for taking the time to share with us your comment following your most recent stay at the Clarion Hotel Quebec. I am delighted to read that you extremely appreciate your stay with us.

Your feedback is of the utmost importance as it provides insight in order for us to improve the quality of our product and services. I can assure you that we will pass along your good words.

We hope to have the privilege to welcome you again in a near future.

Port-Daniel, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed here for one night (booked through priceline) as a mid-route stop. I am familiar with the area which is a good thing, as this hotel would be hard to find if you are not. The room was clean but the mattress cover (which was a sheet) did not cover the whole mattress, there was about a a foot or two at the bottom of the mattress that was not covered - thus I had to remake the bed. There were two double beds in the room and the other bed was the same. The sheet was not large enough the cover the whole mattress.

The staff were quite unfriendly and not very pleasant. For a 3 star hotel, they need to get their act together. Also, parking and reception are a fair distance from any elevators.

I would not choose to stay here again. There are much nicer hotels in the area for the same price. I chose to spend another night in Quebec City, but stayed elsewhere and had a much better experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Eric N, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at Clarion Hotel.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our management team to ensure to correct the bedding issue for future guests.

Regarding your comments on the customer service, be assured that we have taken actions to rectify the situation.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit in the region.

Sincerly,

Charlottetown, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have a dog, so they put us on the first floor in what I guess is the pet wing. What a terrible room. The only good thing in the room was the 32" flat screen television.

Half of the lights did not work in the room and the heating/air conditioning system made a loud ringing noise. As it was -18 degrees celcius, we needed the heat. We turned off the system, but then got quite cold, so we turned it on again.

On top of all of this, the room smelt like there had been pets in it before. The bathroom only had a toilet and a shower in it. The sink was outside of the bathroom and the light did not work above it, so you could not see what you were doing.

When telling reception that the room was unacceptable, they just said "sorry" and did not change us to a different room or offer us a discounted rate. This room was $100 per night, definitely only worth about $40 per night.

Don't stay here!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

I would also like to appologise for any inconveniences it may have cause you. In order to avoid such a situation we provided to our housekeeper a trainning that consist of 36 critical points on how to do the perfect room. We also have supervisors that verify the quality of the room and needless to say we are very sensitive to all comments that our client could make to improve.

I would like to let you know that we have 231 rooms available in the hotel and 80% of them have been recently renovated. It may appear that you have stay in the rooms that we are planning to improve within the year 2013.

We certainly think it is a isolated incidents and please feel free to contact me directly as we sure would like to have you stay with us again to appreciate the true experience we have to offer .
Sincerly,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Boon docks location. No stores or a choice of restaurants within walking distance.
My room looks renovated but had a soiled bedspread. Free low speed Internet with intermittent connection. Ice machine out of order, sad gift shop and advertisement for a restaurant in the hotel that does not exists.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your feedback from your last stay with us. Needless to say I was disspointed to acknowledge that we have not met your expectations.

However, we would like to inform you that it is possible to have lunch or dinner at Soba, located next door. The restaurant serves dishes inspired from asia and meet the tastes of the whole family.

St. Albert, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife & I will celebrate our 50th anniversary on april 20/2013. We had our wedding reception at the Holiday Inn -now, the Clarion Hotel. Ours was the very FIRST wedding reception in the newly opened hotel. When we checked into the the Clarion on October 10 of this year, my wife related this story to the very friendly clerk on the dest; he excused himself and told the story to the hotel manager on duty. They rthen informed us that they had a surprise for us, and promptly upgraded us to the executive suite (room 1214).
The suite had been recently renovated and it was amazing! we were in awe of the furnishings and rooms - especially the stunning view from the HUGE floor to ceiling windos overlooking the St. Lawrence and Pierre LaPorte Bridge.
The best part of this story of our amazing stay at the Clarion, is NOT the fact that the suite was given to us at the very low price of oour original booking, but rather the friendly, courteous & enthusiastic service we received from the desk clerk, manager and ALL staff that we encountered during oour two day stay. Thank You!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Eric N, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking your time to write such a great story concerning your most recent stay at our hotel. I was delight to acknowledge that our staff went the extra mile to make your stay a wonderful experience such as you describe. I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again and I wwould like to wish you a warm congratulation for your wedding anniversary.

Sincerely

Eric Normand
Ankara, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on July, 2012 and I booked two rooms. First of all receptionist gave us two kind room. Little bit good room and a worst room in the hotel. (Toilet doesn't have a faucet, you have to wash your hand in the room because faucet in the room, ridiculous) Finally she changed my room with standart room. Standart hotel, not very well, outside the city, if you don't have a car you'll got a problem.
This is good: Free wi-fi and free parking.

Room Tip: Do not take a room first floor. (entrance floor) I guess worst rooms are at this floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review concerning you stay at our hotel. Needless to say I was disspointed to acknowledge some of your disspointments three months after your stay as I am convience that we could fix any problems you have mentionned. We do have 231 rooms and 80% of our invnetory has been renovated during the last few years and we are planning to complete this ambitious project within the year 2013.For your information In July one of the best way to get to the city center is by bus which we do have a stop right at the exit of our parking. The bus system is very good and it takes less than an 30 minutes to get you to town. It also avoid to pay parking fees. I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again

Sincerly

Eric Normand

Been to Clarion Hotel? Share your experiences!