“Beware with what you leave there” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1600 rue Bouvier, Quebec City, Quebec G2K 1N8, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #76 of 104 Hotels in Quebec City
Viseu, Portugal
“Beware with what you leave there”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

I stayed with my husband on th 30th July in room 202 and we forgot the pyjamas there. I e-mailed the hotel several times and they never answered! It's just a pyjamas bur it illustrates the way they work.

• Stayed July 2012
Marie L, General Manager at Quality Suites Quebec City, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
We appreciate your comment on Tryp Advisor. I am sorry to learn that you did not get back the item you forgetted at your departure. Please send me the description of the item by email and I will personnaly look for it and give you a response back as soon as I received your request. My email is cn335@whg.com. and again I apologize for this mistake.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Visited Quebec city again and stayed at the Quality Suites near the shopping mall Les Galeries de la Capitale. As always, the staff was very helpfull, courteous. My suite was in very good shape, large and confortable. This is not my first visit and I love to stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Marie L, General Manager at Quality Suites Quebec City, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Try Advisor. We are very happy to see customers coming back ! We do appreciated your comment and we will let know the entire staff about your positive stay with us.
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

As we check in the courteous and professional young lady behind the counter explains that our reservation is for a room, a king room, and so offers us a suite instead for $10 more a night. I decline, having been satisfied with king rooms before. When my wife takes a bus schedule from the display on the counter, the clerk tells us that it takes 10 minutes to drive to the old city while the bus takes 2 hours. However, there is a sightseeing bus which stops at the hotel each day and gives a tour of not only the city but surrounding attractions. I decline without asking the price because my wife and I never do sightseeing buses, trains, ducks, or anything else. Well…the room is tight, Spartan, but clean—one chair, one desk, no fridge. The drive into the city is 10 minutes, but finding a parking place takes another 30. And the Quality Suites, which reminds me of my college dorm, all nice brick and symmetry on the outside, heavily travelled inside, is the last time I will see free parking. Breakfast at the hotel is to be avoided. There’s a long line leading into the cramped and drab eating area. A young woman hustles behind a counter to ration out premeasured portions of everything you normally serve yourself at a continental breakfast—except the coffee, which keeps running out.
Next time in Quebec, a beautiful city I really like, I will roll the dice on a less expensive place in the old city and pay for parking.

Warning: Parking meters in the old city notoriously malfunction. We put in $4 and receive zero time. We ask local merchants what to do, and their answer is the same: the meters are a scheme by the city to make extra money, even as a car is towed past us. Best advice: go to a parking lot or garage that charges a flat, usually daily, fee. Stay away from the meters. Those two hours you paid for may expire in 10 minutes or less—and tow trucks are very busy downtown.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Markham, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We stayed at this hotel and it was a very convenient location, right beside the highway. The room was dirty and one time the housekeeper left her cleaning spray in the washroom. So i then put it out of our hotel room for the housekeeper to come and pick it up in the morning. Also in Breakfast there wasn't much variety, the Breakfast items that were there were: an egg, muffins, milk, cereal, bagel, toast, and juices. The only thing that they didn't have was pancakes or waffles. And instead of self serve they had a lady standing there and taking orders. and also the room was so smell that my dad on the last night brought the breakfast to our room and we ate it sitting on the dining table which was already in our room.

Room Tip: good price, nice rooms
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Marielec, General Manager at Quality Suites Quebec City, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Thank you very much for your comments. First of all, I want to appologize for the bottle of spray left in your room by our housekeeping staff. I can assure you that's it not appropriate and our head housekeeper as been advised.
The new continental breakfast review by our franchisor Choice Hotels International is coming soon in Canada and we will be please to offer new variety to our guest . We look foward to serve you again in the near future. We appreciate your comments.
Borden, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

We were greeted very late in the night by a very professional night shift receptionist. Check-in was a breeze and she ensure we were getting our Aeroplan miles credited and that our CAA membership was well registered. She was very pleasant and helpful.

Suites are huge and well appointed, even though furnitures are getting a bit old.

Hotel was very quiet and we got a very relaxing stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Your comments are greatly appreciated ! We do trained our staff to be very guest focus and I am glad to ear that you received a very good service. Our job is to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Thank you.
Northern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

I was on a 3 day business trip and selected this hotel for its location near the airport and my business location. I had a suite with a king size bed and refrigerator. The bed was firm which I prefer. The room was huge as was the bathroom which has entrances from the living area and the bedroom.

The front desk staff is very friendly. I missed my connecting flight to Quebec City and called the hotel. They changed the dates of my stay without a fee, despite the late call.

The continental breakfast is nothing to write home about, but it is as advertised a continental breakfast. Since it is included in the low room price, this is not a complaint, just an observation.

For dinner there is a very nice restaurant a 5 minute walk away. Baton Rouge with a $25CAD fixed price menu that offers several choices and was also a good value.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

This place is not recommended. From the start, nothing but problems and inconvinience.

Check In- Check in was easy, but that was mainly because the hotel was VERY vacant.

Room:

-The room was dirty since the first time we entered. The carpet probably was never vacumed. There were crumbs, dust bunnies bigget then my fist, dubiouse "things", and who knows what else. There was paper ripped all over the floor, as well as MANY stains of different colour.

- The washroom was okay. Two doors that entered the washroom, so make sure to lock both. Nice full mirror on the door. It was clean, surprisingly. Single-ply toilet paper, so if your picky, head to one of the stores in the mall. The light was very bright, so it was annoying if you wake up in the middle of the night. Good water pressure in the shower. It was the only OKAY part of the room.

- The mini fridge wasn't very cold. So if you expect to keep any very perichable food, do not buy. We bough cold cuts and cheese, by two days, it would reek if you opened the fridge. The sink we had there was rusted and wouldn't turn on, i do not know if this is in the other rooms though.

- BEDS

Worst beds I have EVER experianced in a "hotel". The floor is a better option. The actual bed is very hard, BUT livable. if you expect to sleep on the pull-out coach, you mught as well book another room or hotel. The moment you sat down, you could feel every single little sring jab at you like they have knives. Once you get past the springs, you feel the wooden boards, one goes across the middle of your back, wich makes it impossible to find a comfy spot. By the end of the trip, my daughters needed therapy due to Extremly sore backs. BEWARE. It is also very hard to get the bed to "pop" out.

- There is free internet wich was convinient. We used it every night. Do not throw out the password. You have to re-enter it every time you go on it. We had to fish it out of the garbage when we realised it.

-Location: -The location is either good or bad depending on how you look at it. It is right beside the mall :) which was very nice to walk around after a day of sight seeing. It was right beside a baton rouge (very tasty) and an amazing chinese restaurant (just past wallmart) And there is a Wall Mart. It is very convinient if you forgot something at home. It was also close to the airport. The bad problem was that it was very far from downtown. A long car ride. This was very bothersome when you have to wake up earlier or go home earlier. Bad location in that respect. (Also near a Mcdonalds)

Breakfast - It was such a tiny room for the whole hotel. You were lucky if youmade it in there. It consists of muffins, bagels, cereal, fruit, coffee, tea, juice, milk, etc. The usual breakfast. If you do eat there, bring it back up to your room.

Overall it was NOT what we expected. It was not worth it for the price. HIGHLY overpriced. We were not happy at the end of the vacation and wished we stayed downtown, or elsewhere.

Good Luck!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Marielec, Manager at Quality Suites Quebec City, responded to this review, November 18, 2010
I am very sorry to learn that the room was not in an excellent condition. We have an head housekkeper in site to ensure everything is clean and works properly in all rooms. We have staff on site 24 hours a day and it's our job to make your stay at your satisfaction. Our staff is trained to take care right away of any problem you may have. All our beds are brand new and this is the first bad comment we have about it. Our breakfast area is only 24 seats but because all our rooms are suites with kitchen area, most of our guest prefer to bring their breakfast in their room. We encourage our guest to give us comments about their stay and let us know if there is any problem during their stay. Our pledge is to make every guest happy and come to see us again. I appreciate your comments.

Been to Quality Suites Quebec City? Share your experiences!