“What a deal!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 126 Quebec City B&B and Inns
Akron, Ohio
“What a deal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My friend and I booked a room with 2 beds for our 5 nights in Quebec City. The room and bathroom were incredibly clean. The owners/staff were friendly and helpful. The price was reasonable, and we had a great view across the harbor. Too bad the Image Mill had stopped playing for 2013. However, you could view the illusion of a swaying curtain on the buildings across the harbor.

Room Tip: Ask for a window facing the harbor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Goderich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We drove into Quebec city without a map and were overwhelmed with finding a hotel in the up and down streets, lots of one way streets. We picked the first place we drove past, even though it was only a 2 star. Being a 2 star I wasn't expecting much of anything but to endure one night here. Surprise, surprise. I would go back again for sure. The owner is great and the room was a bargain as far as I'm concerned. It was small, but very clean and had the basics, plus a fantastic view of the harbour and in easy walking distance to all the places we wanted to go. Continental breakfast was fresh, had a good variety, and there was plenty. I think we got more than our monies worth considering the fantastic location. The lights on the elevators across the river at night were beautiful. Reminded us of Niagara Falls at night. Thanks for a great stay!!

Room Tip: Choose a harbour side room, the view is wonderful!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Acton, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

we stayed for 3 nights labor day weekend, charming and quaint down by the water the owners were fantastic went out of there way for all of us breakfast is included would stay again. They let us use the dining room at night so we could all play games.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I echo what others have said about the charm location and value. I make a reservation online through trip advisor. It was a solo vacation for me. When I arrived, the wonderful manager said I didn't need the room size I paid for (2 queen size beds) and gave give me a room with one bed that was $25 a night cheaper! AND overlooking the spectacular view others mentioned of the port. the lower city, the St. Lawrence River, the Laurentiens mountains in the distance. Every night of my five night stay there I was able to see the gorgeous multimedia projections onto the walls of the port from my window. Breakfast croissants-excellent, Coffee – great, managers-wonderful and helpful. My only complaint: bathroom needs hooks for clothing, bathtub needs mat. Other than that, a lovely place I can't wait to bring my husband to!

• Stayed August 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Manoir des Rempart for only 1 night, but it was a great night! The hotel is charming located right ln the city "wall", where you are meet by an astonishing view when you leave the reception or sit on the rooftop terrace. The place brings alot of value for the price, however it is kind of hard to book (their webpage does not work). We got their phone number from another hotel and it is: 1-418-692-2056.

• Stayed July 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

The location and value are what makes this place stand out. We received free parking on the weekend. Free continental breakfast. Good sized room for old quebec. Free wireless. But honestly, location was key. The staff are a very nice couple who have Owned the place since 1987. I had gone here in 1983 as a student so it was a fun throwback for me. The owners were very nice. There is a really nice deck on the top floor which is nice at night time or for a drink or coffee. I would highly recommend for someone on a budget who wants to stay in old Quebec.

• Stayed July 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I wholly agree with another review about the old world charm, hospitality and prices. The place is a symphatic mixture of old and some newish stuff. It is something quite squarely opposite to the hospital-like hotel chains mushrooming all over the world.

The hotel is located in the 'end' of the old city of Quebec, rather high up. From the common balcony on the 3rd floow, there is a panoramic view to the sea (or river, however you label it). I highly recommend for those who want to keep the old world in existence - and feel its human atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Manoir des Remparts? Share your experiences!