“Very convenient and well priced” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 rue de la Couronne, Quebec City, Quebec G1K 6E6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #40 of 104 Hotels in Quebec City
Montreal, Canada
“Very convenient and well priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed one night in mid november at Best Western Plus in Quebec. We chose an executive room, primarily because of the updated bathroom. Staff was really nice, friendly, helpful and profesional, check-in and check-out were easy to do and fast. The room was nice and clean, typical of best western, but with a great shower! Breakfast, included in the room, was plentiful and good. The only downside I can think of is that it was a very cold night and the heating system, while sufficient, was a bit noisy. And the corridors of the hotel were quite cold.

The hotel offers a valet parking which I recommend if you're planning to use your car. There are parkings around the hotel, but you'll have to pay everytime you park your car, while you pay the valet parking only once.

The hotel is well located if you're going to see a show at Expocite, or if you want to explore the city and the old Quebec. In cold weather, the hotel might be a little far from the more touristic area. But, since it is not located directly in the touristic zone, you get to experience another side of Quebec.

The hotel is very well priced and I would stay there again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the main street are probably quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Marie-Eve C, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Bonjour!

Thank you for your great review concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post it. I am glad you enjoyed our efficient and multilingual staff. Service and cleanliness are very important for us, as when such good comments come, we are very proud to share them with our entire team. Your contribution to our team motivation is really appreciated! Also, as you mentioned, we think that our 22$ flat per night valet service parking solution provides the best simple and secure option for your car, with unlimited in an out access. I would like to precise that our valet parking is absolutely optional, not mandatory. If you prefer self-parking, you may choose from one of the many public parking surrounding our hotel. Price may vary from one to another and may involve a few minutes’ walk to get the car each time you need it. Moreover, our strategic location offers our guest a prime location to visit the Old Quebec City, as well as the Nouvo St-Roch district, the Quebec City Old Port and even more. We are very proud of our beautiful city, and even if the winter weather is not always lenient, Quebec City is an amazing place to visit, especially with the Quebec City Winter Carnival coming up! For Tripadvisor readers, if you are looking for a full breakfast included rate, as Madame mentioned in her review, we effectively have an onsite restaurant which offers breakfasts and dinners! Since our restaurant has been recently completely renovated, you may now enjoy a “breakfast rate” when booking on the Best Western International website or directly with the hotel reservation personnel, for the same rate as the regular one. You are then provided with an exquisite complimentary full American breakfast, which value up to 15$ per person plus taxes! On top of this offer, you may even get a 10% discount if you are AAA/CAA member! This way, you will enjoy a good breakfast without worrying about the winter weather! Again, thank you for a most generous review. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Quebec City.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Hudson, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We booked this on the "name your price" option through Priceline and got an excellent price. Since we had no idea about the hotel, we only booked for two nights, in case it didn't meet our needs. We arrived in a snow storm and valet parked the car. Staff was very professional, spoke fluent English, and the check in was quick and easy.

We were placed in a room on the first floor, off the lobby, with a view of the front entrance and valet parking. Somewhat noisy, but a nice room with a fridge, coffee maker, etc. Nice bed, very comfortable. No waiting for the elevator.

After the first night, we decided the location was good and the hotel very nice, so we would stay an additional two nights and they were gracious enough to give us the original Priceline rate for the entire stay. We had to move to a different room since they were so crowded, which was fine with us. We moved to the 4th floor in business class and had a much larger room with better amenities. The hotel appears to have been remodeled recently as the entire facility is very modern.

The hotel restaurant, Bistro Le 330, was very nice. Good food and service. Reasonable prices.There is a coffee shop in the hotel, Café In, that had great pastries and hot chocolate. We had breakfast there each day due to the snow and extreme cold outside. Ate at La Piazzeta which was just around the corner. Excellent pizza.

Since it was so cold and snowy, we left the car in the valet parking for the 4 days we were there. There was self park in the area, but with the plowing going on, cars were being towed. We felt it was easier to pay the extra money and take cabs. Valet people were very good.

The hotel is central to everything, but still a bit of a walk uphill to the old city. We took a cab everywhere. Many days the temp was below zero F, so it was just too cold for walking. Seems like a taxi to anywhere in the city was between $8 and $10. Most cabs took credit cards and the drivers spoke English.

The neighborhood seemed to be very safe. Lots of people out walking around, even in the cold. There is a library, some theaters, a drug store, several restaurants, etc. in the immediate area. We would definitely stay here again when we are in Quebec City.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bonjour!

Thank you for your great comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. Your feedback is very much appreciated as we take this information in consideration to analyze our performance and, eventually, take measures to recreate an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. Pleasing guests is our #1 goal! As you mentioned, we offer multiple room categories, constantly renovated and renewed, part by part, to improve our guest comfort and satisfaction. All of those offer the same level of quality and cleanliness and offers standard high quality natural memory foam mattresses, mp3/ipod compatible radio-clock, synthetic duvet comforter to name only a few. However, Business Class and Executive categories offer you that little plus most of people are looking for! When staying in a business class room, you are guaranteed to be on a higher floor and be provided with a mini-fridge, a Keurig coffee maker, bathrobes and deluxe amenities as well. If you are looking for more luxury, an Executive room is for you! These rooms are located in a private section of the hotel and offer the same benefits as the Business Class but the main advantage is the exclusive extra-large deluxe glass shower with rain shower head. It is a must! When you are reserving by such opaque website as Priceline, the Traditional rooms are the only room category available for online. Although, when the availability permits it, we like to upgrade guests to either business class rooms or executive class rooms! Moreover, our great on site restaurant “Le Bistro Le 330 and its trendy décor, offers a good and affordable North American meal besides the legendary Quebec Hospitality! Again, thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, it was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western Plus City Centre the next time you are in Quebec City.
Moncton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Staff at this hotel are warm and friendly (despite the bitter December cold and snow outside) and that includes the valet service.
Great location - very close to downtown and all attractions including Old Quebec.
Beds are super comfortable and I had a fantastic sleep.
I would highly recommend this property for anyone visiting Quebec City.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Bonjour!
Thank you for your great review about your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post it. I am glad you enjoyed the walk to the old city area. We are very proud of our privileged location in the city, making almost all of Quebec sight and attractions easy to reach for our guests by walk. We are indeed perfectly suited to discover the old walled city, which is 1.2 Km from the hotel or about 15 minutes walking distance, but also many other winter interests areas as the Petit Champlain district and the brand new Skating ring on the Abraham Park. Also, be sure I was very pleased to share your good comments with our entire team. Since the service is our first priority, we are continuously improving our level of performance to offer our customers the most amazing experience as possible and we sincerely thank you for your appreciation. Again, thank you for your good comments and recommendations. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again the next time you are in Quebec City. We look forward to it!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

The location is good. 5 minutes drive to downtown/old town. 20 minutes walk to downtown.
Rooms are clean, service is great.
Rooms are spacious.
As a frequent traveler, I would say it is one of the best hotels from money/value perspective.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Marie-Eve C, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Bonjour!

Thank you very much for this very positive review on your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post it. Your feedback is appreciated. Indeed, our staff is always willing to suggest must see attractions, activities to do, events to attend and give information on how to get to it. Whether you are here for a romantic getaway, a family escape or a business trip, taking care of our guests is the best part of our job . Our great location effectively offers a good opportunity to visit the Old Quebec City for all travelers, as well as the Old port of Quebec and more local areas as the St-Joseph Street. Even for those who do not want to walk or drive, the Old Quebec City is easy to reach using the public transportation. For only 3$ per person, and couple of steps to reach the corner of the street, you will get directly to the Old Québec City without any problem! Again, thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We would be pleased to have you stay with us at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Quebec City. We look forward to it!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I took a winter trip to Quebec and wanted a hotel within walking distance of Old Quebec because I knew it would be pretty cold. It was about a 10-15 minute walk (not bad at all) and by the second day I had the route from the hotel to Old Quebec memorized. The area is nice and I felt safe walking around at night. The hotel staff was very friendly…my French is extremely limited as I only took a few classes in college, so I was relieved when I discovered that the staff (much like most other people in Quebec) also spoke English.
Hotel dinner was a bit pricey (as they usually are) but the waiters made it worth it…they were awesome and hilarious and took the time to give us some tips on seeing all of the best parts of Quebec.
Quebec is very beautiful in December and this hotel was clean, comfortable and in a convenient location. It is about $20/night for valet, which is well-worth it especially in winter when the snow just covers your car (they scrape it off for you). If I ever find myself in Quebec again I will be sure to stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bonjour,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. As a matter of fact, the importance of a clean and well-maintained hotel has become the number one priority for guests, just like you. We take several steps to ensure to deliver clean room daily, so guest can enjoy the comfort of our room free of mind. As the service, cleanliness is one of our most important priority and we are very proud to read that you enjoyed the quality of our establishment! Be sure I was very pleased to share such good comments with our front desk and housekeeping staff, which strive daily to offer our guests the most amazing stay as possible. It is very important for us to provide our guests an experience that exceed their expectations and always improve our level of performance! Concerning the valet service, our 22$ plus taxes per night valet service provides you a simple and secure place to park with unlimited in an out privilege. This option, especially during the winter time, is the easiest solution to avoid guests from struggling to find parking. However, I would like to precise that the valet service is absolutely not mandatory. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Québec City. We look forward to it.
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The rooms are spacious which is a rarity in this day and age. I speak average French and this Hotel is in the heart of French Quebec. When I spoke French I got many blank stares back from staffers at the Hotel as if they cannot speak French which I found odd. When I spoke English they seemed to understand me completely. I used their restaurant only once in a handful of days because the first night I was in it cost me around 30 dollars for a small steak with just a few fries and a very small amount of veggies. Not what you usually get for 30 bucks tax in with no alcohol or dessert. The selection of movies that you can watch in your room is narrow-several recent blockbusters but not much for anyone who likes anything else. There is not much in the area immediately around the Hotel unless you are into gay saunas which isnt really my thing personally. The capuccinos in the Hotel coffee shop sent me right to the bathroom without mercy. Like I said, most people would find this Hotel more than satisfactory. Me, not so much. Overall, I would only give it an average rating. .

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Bonjour!

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time post them. I am very surprised to read that you had trouble to be served in French. Since Quebec City is a French city, all of our staff is originally French speaking and has English as a second language. Multilingual staff members are very important for us and the agility of languages is a priority, especially in the tourism industry. As a matter of fact, our staff members currently speak French, English, Spanish and Portuguese. I am very sorry if you had any trouble being understood and I hope you will accept my most sincere apologies. Concerning our location, I am very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy our area. Situated in the Nouvo St-Roch district, there are multiple beautiful streets and areas that offer our guests a great range of restaurants, boutiques, cafés, etc. Moreover, we are only 15 minutes walking distance from the Old Quebec City, in which you may enjoy the finest restaurants, bars, boutiques and activities that Quebec City has to offer. I am sorry you have not been informed of those great places and I may assure you that the service is our most important priorities. We strive daily to offer our guest the most enjoyable stay as possible. Again, we appreciate your patronage and we will be pleased to have you stay with us at the Best Western City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Québec City. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable one.
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I am now a regular in this hotel. It's the 6th or 7th time I am spending time here and this time, I am here for six days during the Holidays. So, I tried multiple rooms in my previous stays, seen pretty much everybody in action and here's what keeps me coming back :

1 - the staff. Comes from the top out as I spoke with two managers so far and they were both stars of customer relations ( yes I'm talking about you mss. Cyr and Hebert ) and it reflects on the staff at reception ( just because I know your names but not excluding the others I will say great job to Laura ( thanks for not making too much fun of me for the shower situation ), Maxime and Alexandre ) I gave them a little tip money as they were here on Christmas eve for us, me included and wanted to show my appreciation and received a card and chocolates on my door in the next hour saying thank you showing they are being nice for free and can appreciate a little extra thanks which is very good manners to me. The house cleaning staff are to congratulate too since I find the cleanliness is spot on.

2 - the price. Come on, it is a 15 minutes walk to the old city. I get it. It is also a 9.00$ taxi ride tip included and will make you save about 50 - 70.00$ a night on a comparable hotel in the old town part of Quebec. The only way it is not worth it is if you want the best view of Quebec city from your window. Then, ok, fine, you should go elsewhere but other than that, this is the best value for your money in Quebec city. By the way, there is a bus runing every 7-8 minutes taking you from the street next to the hotel to the old city / principal restaurants-clubs arteries in about 5 minutes for 3.00$ each way ( last time I checked, it might be 3.25 now ). The bus number is 801 and it runs both on Dorchester ( going up town ) and de la Couronne ( coming back ) for those days where you don't feel like walking and you are alone to pay the taxi and there are great restaurants where locals actually go one street from the hotel. Go and try the "Clocher penché", the "les Bossus" and one my favorites in all quebec city : the "l'affaire est ketchup". Also : one of my favorite things to do when I was living in Quebec was to go walk and or run along the St-Charles river which is 3 minutes from the hotel and will bring you all the way to the old port / old city. Most tourists won't ever do this so why not you?

3 - the quietness and the comfort. Most of the rooms are very quiet and the mattresses / pillows are just so comfortable. Having visited other Best Westerns in the world, it seems to be one of the constants. Maybe it is actually a bulk purchase and they are the same mattresses everywhere in the world but, so far, they were all super cozy.

4 - the cleanliness. The rooms are carpeted and I don't feel bad walking around barefooted which speaks for itself.

Now, I have said it and will say it again : the parking is expensive in my view. On the other hand, I am glad that they are charging full price for parking to those who have cars instead of spreading the charge to every room to make it less expensive for those with cars and more expensive for everybody else. Doesn't affect me as I am carless when in Quebec city but if I had a car, I would walk 3 minutes to go and park my car where the hotel is actually parking them and pay 12$ a day instead of 25$ although having someone else go and get it for you at -28 on a cold december day might be worth every extra $.

Room Tip: Not much to say, every room so far has been great but I guess the rooms giving on the inside ( windo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Bonjour!

Thank you for your positive review about your recent stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. The perfect 5/5 score you gave us is really appreciated. Your comments will be passed on to our staff, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to continue their efforts in leading the industry in guest satisfaction. Pleased guests is our staff’s greatest reward! We are glad to know that you appreciated the quality of your room. We are effectively very proud to offer Quebec mattresses in our entire rooms. I am sure that the memory foam comfort of the Essentia mattresses combined with the smoothness of our pillows provide our guests a great sleep. The type and brand of the mattresses are not regulated in the Best Western chain, but the comfort is! Every hotel is then mandatory to offer his guests beds that would keep them asleep! Again, thank you for your feedback. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we all look forward to welcome you again! Best regards!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville? Share your experiences!