“Good location, nice rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 rue de la Couronne, Quebec City, Quebec G1K 6E6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #40 of 102 hotels in Quebec City
Montreal, Canada
“Good location, nice rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed here for one night would stay again the staff was very friendly
The bed was very comfortable had a great night sleep. We got upgraded in the business section not sure why but i did not complain the room was big and clean.
We got free breakfast which was a nice surprise. A very busy breakfast room they kept running out of food poor staff....
The pool is small but still nice
The water in the jacuzzi could have been a little hotter
Did not like that small children 2 or 3 year olds were in the jacuzzi
Did not like the fact that you have to pay $20.00 a day for parking
Overall a nice stay would stay again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Genevieve_Hebert123, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Bonjour!
Thank you for your great review about your latest stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post it. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that we use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed our free continental breakfast that is served while our restaurant is closed for renovation. Just in case it may confuse some potential guests, I would like to specify once more that we do not usually serve free continental breakfast. Starting on May 1st, we will go back to the original formula and serve full American breakfast (additional charge applies) as our new Bistro Le 330 will be open. Concerning your comment on parking, actually, our parking rate is similar to all other hotels located downtown. Being located in the heart of Downtown, we totally understand that the scarcity of parking may not please everyone. Free parking in Quebec City is not easy to find and can be precarious when you are not familiar with rules and regulations. We believe our valet service provides a simple and secure place for your car with unlimited in an out privilege. It is the easiest solution to avoid guests from having a hard time to find parking. Please note that from 1 May 2013, the price of valet parking will increase from $ 20 to $ 22 plus taxes per night. Finally, it was a true pleasure to welcome you. We hope to have the chance to serve you again in the near future. We look forward to it!

594 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was my first time traveling alone. I speak little to no French and have never been to Quebec City before. However, from the moment I walked through the doors of this hotel, none of that mattered. The staff made me feel right at home - helping me plan out places to visit, delivering supplies to my room whenever I ran out and even going so far as ordering dinner on my behalf one night, as the delivery place didn't speak English!

The hotel is in excellent condition (looks better from the inside than the outside) and has many great amenities as previous posters have mentioned. My favourite was the wall paintings around the pool area/hot tub. I've never seen that before and thought it was pretty neat. I also appreciated the free continental breakfast every morning. I enjoyed making my own waffles and enjoying them while reading the free newspaper!

The cleaning staff did a great job of maintaining my room for the duration of my stay. My room was spacious and had everything I needed (ironing board and iron, hair dryer, good wifi, etc.)

I had a great time staying here, and would highly recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Bonjour!
Thank you for your cooperation in taking the time to post your comments following your visit to the Best Western City Plus Centre Quebec. We appreciate that you took the time to post such a wonderful review including nice pictures of our property. It is a real pleasure to read that you perceived the passion that our staff demonstrates. When working in service like we do, acknowledgement and gratitude is as important as the salary. We believe that by empowering our staff to take initiatives and always try their best to go the extra mile for guests is THE way to go! Providing exceptional, friendly and courteous service is not an option, it is what we are. I am happy that our pool and hot tub were your favorite thing about our hotel. Like we can all see on your pictures, although our heated indoor pool is only 25 feet long by 16 feet wide and 1.2 meters deep, we like to say it is the most beautiful in town since it is surrounded in a hand painted decor of landscapes representing the Quebec region. Finally, I am glad that you enjoyed our free continental breakfast that is served while our restaurant is getting a makeover. Just in case it may confuse some tripadvisor readers, I would like to specify that we do not usually serve free breakfast. Starting on May 1st, we will go back like before as our new Bistro Le 330 will open and serve full American breakfast (additional charge applies). We can’t wait to have our new concept shared with everyone! This being said, I am thanking you again for this great review. It was a true pleasure to welcome you and we are looking forward to seeing you again.
Fredericton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This Best Western has a lot going for it. Although a little far, it is from walking distance from Old Quebec. The rooms are huge and the beds are comfortable! If you like strong flavourful coffee, then Cafe In within the hotel is the place for you! When we came in, the room was spotless. However, during the stay, the room was done very fast and not well. From my room, there was no direct light from outside. The room was dark and I missed the natural light, especially in the morning. My sister had a room with natural light, but her room was small compared to mine. During this hotel restaurant renovations, it provides a complimentary breakfast. Well, the breakfast room is packed and there is a long line up. The poor workers cannot replenish the bread, scrambled eggs, milk, etc. fast enough and the line keeps getting longer and longer.

Room Tip: If you need the natural light, ask for a non interior room. If you want a big room, ask for an inte...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Genevieve_Hebert123, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Bonjour,
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre Quebec. Your contribution is very much appreciated, especially on room tip. I appreciate that you took the time to post them and I am grateful that you let us know of your satisfaction. Concerning interior rooms overlooking on the atrium, you are absolutely right. Those rooms are bigger than exterior room, but don’t provide natural daylight. So depending on each ones preferences, it is always a pleasure four our front desk clerks to mark down special requests concerning the view of the room upon reservation, check in or even upon check out in the offing of a future stay. Please note that there are only 24 interior rooms out of our 177 total rooms. We will always do our best to meet the demands of our guests. And as regards to the complimentary breakfast served during the restaurant’s makeover, when the hotel is at its full capacity, it can be crowded at peak hour (between 9am and 10am). I apologize for the inconvenience. Opening in May, our new Bistro Le 330 will serve full American breakfast from 7am to noon. Moreover, let’s not forget our onsite coffee shop Café In that also provide an alternative for breakfast with, muffins, fruits, French style pastries like croissant, chocolatine, banana bread, etc., available as early as 6 am and throughout the day. Again, thank you for a most complete review. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Quebec City.
Sainte-Catherine, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a weekend getaway and to visit old quebec city. There is valet parking which costs 20$ per day and the front desk clerks were really friendly and informative. They checked us in to our business class room and gave us directions on uow to get to the old port and where things were. The room had a king sized bed and the bathrooms were nice as well. There is an italian restaurant in the hotel which serves meals from 18- 40$ and u can have a buffet breakfast for around 10$. Overall this was a great stay. We appreciated the service, the room and the walking distance from old quebec city

• Stayed October 2012
Genevieve_Hebert123, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Bonjour!
Thank you very much for this very positive review on your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post it. Your feedback is appreciated. Indeed, our staff is always willing to suggest must see attractions, activities to do, events to attend and give information on how to get to it. Whether you are here for a romantic getaway, a family escape or a business trip, taking care of our guests is the best part of our job :) Although you appreciated your meal at Settimo Cielo restaurant, I would like to inform all travelers that our restaurant is getting a makeover as we speak! The Settimo Cielo as you knew before does not exist anymore. It will be replaced by our new Bistro Le 330 which offers a North American bistro cuisine type. The opening is scheduled for May 2013. We are very excited about that it and hope it will live up to everyone’s expectations! Again, thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We would be pleased to have you stay with us at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Quebec City. We look forward to it!
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms spacious (but a bit noisy from the street). The internet connection was also fast. Onsite there is a cafe with great coffee and a small wine bar. The restaurant downstairs serves breakfast and dinner, however it is a bit expensive and the foods not all that great. Nearby there are many great restaurants, two grocery stores, and shopping. As well it is only a 20min walk to Old Quebec with many more great restaurants and historic sites.

On the downside of this hotel, the cleaning staff are really terrible. I had to repeatedly visit the front desk and request again and again my room to be cleaned/restocked as they would just pass my room and not clean it! It was very frustrating! When they did clean my room the chambermaids would leave their dirty rags and water bottles in my rooms (three times this happened), as well as not restock my TP! On top of it, the front desk did not believe me that the cleaning ladies weren't doing their job and accused me of leaving the "do not disturb' on my door, which I wasn't. The bell hops/valets were very pleasant and accommodating though!

Overall I would stay here again. It is a nice hotel in a great location, just don't expect a clean room!

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the back of the hotel. Its much quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Genevieve_Hebert123, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Bonjour!

Thank you for your most complete review concerning your recent stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them and hope you will accept my apologies if our staff came across in an unprofessional manner while handling your concerns with the housekeeping of your room during your stay. I can assure you that every effort is maintained by the hotel staff to provide exceptional, friendly and courteous service. I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations and services that you are right to expect. Cleanliness is our priority, equal with service, so when a breakdown occurs, as in your situation, we are very concerned. Be assured that your comments were transmitted to the Housekeeping Manager to ensure it never happens again. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. It is with comments such as yours that we are able to continually improve our services. Again, thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We appreciate your patronage and are happy to read that you would still stay with us at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Quebec City. I promise we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one. Best regards.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Safe, reliable, friendly, great prices, great location and beautiful amenities!! Had a fantastic time, can't wait to go again! Lots to do around hotel. Was there during red bull crushed ice. Only downside is no free breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013
Genevieve_Hebert123, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Bonjour!
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I am glad that you “had a fantastic time”. Indeed there is a lot to do in Quebec City, no matter the time of the year. Normally, it is true that we do not serve free breakfast. However, since March 18th and until April 30, we are serving free continental breakfast in a meeting room as our restaurant is closed for getting a makeover! The Settimo Cielo as you knew before will not exist anymore. It will be replaced by our new Bistro Le 330 which offers a North American bistro cuisine type, simple and varied menu and using local produce. Our completely revamped new décor as well as our new cozy atmosphere will hopefully charm everyone! We are very excited about it. Otherwise, when looking for a great value breakfast option other than our restaurant, our onsite coffee shop Café in serve European style breakfast with high quality coffee, muffins, fruits, French style pastries like croissant, chocolatine, banana bread, etc., available as early as 6 am and throughout the day. We thank you for your honest review and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Quebec City. We look forward to it.
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed here for one night when I arrived in Quebec City during Carnaval. I purchased it using points from the Aeroplan rewards program. The hotel itself is what I expected it would be for a Best Western. Except upon arrival, there appeared to be some kind of tour group for teenagers staying there (S-trip) and they were hanging out in the lobby area and taking up the entire area so it was a bit hard to get to the check in desk. Because of the large groups of teenagers, I wasn't really looking forward to staying there, but the staff appear to have taken that into account and I was put on a higher level floor with a room that was off to the side away from the elevators.

Upon leaving the lobby, there was a very noticeable chlorine smell (like the smell of a chlorine pool), but I figured that was because of the pool in the hotel and it being located near the lobby. But when I went up to my room, the smell was still there and I could even smell it inside the room. The room itself was clean though. I got the king size bed room that I had requested and I quite liked that it had a nice sized bathroom. The large shower stall had the option of either the regular shower head or the rain fall type and both had good water pressure. The entire hotel has free wireless internet. The bed was comfortable and I had a good sleep. I wasn't able to hear the groups of teenagers (or anyone) at all.

There is a coffee shop attached to the restaurant and I had breakfast there (not included in the price). The coffee shop was convenient but just average. The hotel itself is located in the St-Roch neighbourhood which is about a 20 minute walk (uphill) to Vieux-Quebec. There are some restaurants and shops in the neighbourhood but the area doesn't seem to "happening" at night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Genevieve_Hebert123, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Bonjour!

Thank you for your comments on your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

Indeed, Winter Carnival and Spring Break brings a lot of fun in Quebec City’s hotels! Ours makes no exception. Besides, we are well prepared and always do our best to safeguard guest’s tranquility, like you experienced is your past stay. Regarding breakfast options, it is true that we do not provide free breakfast. However, breakfast can be included in some room rates when booking any package by phone directly at the hotel, or, online on some websites for a small surcharge. For the benefit of other tripadvisor readers, our onsite restaurant serves full American breakfast either “à la carte” and/or “buffet” styles, depending on the hotel’s occupancy. Otherwise, a good way to save money on breakfast is to take our “early bird special” at 8.95$ plus taxes which consists of a plate made of 2 eggs, hash potatoes, toasts and fresh fruits including a glass of orange juice and coffee. It is served from 7am to 8:30am. Moreover, our onsite coffee shop serves high quality coffee, muffins, fruits, French style pastries like croissant, chocolatine, banana bread, etc., available as early as 6 am. So there are plenty of choices when you are looking for an inexpensive but full breakfast.

We thank you for your most complete review and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Quebec City. We look forward to welcome you again in the future!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville? Share your experiences!