“15 minute walk from old quebec&great service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 rue de la Couronne, Quebec City, Quebec G1K 6E6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #37 of 102 hotels in Quebec City
Sainte-Catherine, Quebec, Canada
“15 minute walk from old quebec&great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a weekend getaway and to visit old quebec city. There is valet parking which costs 20$ per day and the front desk clerks were really friendly and informative. They checked us in to our business class room and gave us directions on uow to get to the old port and where things were. The room had a king sized bed and the bathrooms were nice as well. There is an italian restaurant in the hotel which serves meals from 18- 40$ and u can have a buffet breakfast for around 10$. Overall this was a great stay. We appreciated the service, the room and the walking distance from old quebec city

• Stayed October 2012
Genevieve_Hebert123, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Bonjour!
Thank you very much for this very positive review on your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post it. Your feedback is appreciated. Indeed, our staff is always willing to suggest must see attractions, activities to do, events to attend and give information on how to get to it. Whether you are here for a romantic getaway, a family escape or a business trip, taking care of our guests is the best part of our job :) Although you appreciated your meal at Settimo Cielo restaurant, I would like to inform all travelers that our restaurant is getting a makeover as we speak! The Settimo Cielo as you knew before does not exist anymore. It will be replaced by our new Bistro Le 330 which offers a North American bistro cuisine type. The opening is scheduled for May 2013. We are very excited about that it and hope it will live up to everyone’s expectations! Again, thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We would be pleased to have you stay with us at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Quebec City. We look forward to it!

566 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms spacious (but a bit noisy from the street). The internet connection was also fast. Onsite there is a cafe with great coffee and a small wine bar. The restaurant downstairs serves breakfast and dinner, however it is a bit expensive and the foods not all that great. Nearby there are many great restaurants, two grocery stores, and shopping. As well it is only a 20min walk to Old Quebec with many more great restaurants and historic sites.

On the downside of this hotel, the cleaning staff are really terrible. I had to repeatedly visit the front desk and request again and again my room to be cleaned/restocked as they would just pass my room and not clean it! It was very frustrating! When they did clean my room the chambermaids would leave their dirty rags and water bottles in my rooms (three times this happened), as well as not restock my TP! On top of it, the front desk did not believe me that the cleaning ladies weren't doing their job and accused me of leaving the "do not disturb' on my door, which I wasn't. The bell hops/valets were very pleasant and accommodating though!

Overall I would stay here again. It is a nice hotel in a great location, just don't expect a clean room!

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the back of the hotel. Its much quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Genevieve_Hebert123, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Bonjour!

Thank you for your most complete review concerning your recent stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them and hope you will accept my apologies if our staff came across in an unprofessional manner while handling your concerns with the housekeeping of your room during your stay. I can assure you that every effort is maintained by the hotel staff to provide exceptional, friendly and courteous service. I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations and services that you are right to expect. Cleanliness is our priority, equal with service, so when a breakdown occurs, as in your situation, we are very concerned. Be assured that your comments were transmitted to the Housekeeping Manager to ensure it never happens again. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. It is with comments such as yours that we are able to continually improve our services. Again, thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We appreciate your patronage and are happy to read that you would still stay with us at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Quebec City. I promise we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one. Best regards.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Safe, reliable, friendly, great prices, great location and beautiful amenities!! Had a fantastic time, can't wait to go again! Lots to do around hotel. Was there during red bull crushed ice. Only downside is no free breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013
Genevieve_Hebert123, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Bonjour!
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I am glad that you “had a fantastic time”. Indeed there is a lot to do in Quebec City, no matter the time of the year. Normally, it is true that we do not serve free breakfast. However, since March 18th and until April 30, we are serving free continental breakfast in a meeting room as our restaurant is closed for getting a makeover! The Settimo Cielo as you knew before will not exist anymore. It will be replaced by our new Bistro Le 330 which offers a North American bistro cuisine type, simple and varied menu and using local produce. Our completely revamped new décor as well as our new cozy atmosphere will hopefully charm everyone! We are very excited about it. Otherwise, when looking for a great value breakfast option other than our restaurant, our onsite coffee shop Café in serve European style breakfast with high quality coffee, muffins, fruits, French style pastries like croissant, chocolatine, banana bread, etc., available as early as 6 am and throughout the day. We thank you for your honest review and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Quebec City. We look forward to it.
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed here for one night when I arrived in Quebec City during Carnaval. I purchased it using points from the Aeroplan rewards program. The hotel itself is what I expected it would be for a Best Western. Except upon arrival, there appeared to be some kind of tour group for teenagers staying there (S-trip) and they were hanging out in the lobby area and taking up the entire area so it was a bit hard to get to the check in desk. Because of the large groups of teenagers, I wasn't really looking forward to staying there, but the staff appear to have taken that into account and I was put on a higher level floor with a room that was off to the side away from the elevators.

Upon leaving the lobby, there was a very noticeable chlorine smell (like the smell of a chlorine pool), but I figured that was because of the pool in the hotel and it being located near the lobby. But when I went up to my room, the smell was still there and I could even smell it inside the room. The room itself was clean though. I got the king size bed room that I had requested and I quite liked that it had a nice sized bathroom. The large shower stall had the option of either the regular shower head or the rain fall type and both had good water pressure. The entire hotel has free wireless internet. The bed was comfortable and I had a good sleep. I wasn't able to hear the groups of teenagers (or anyone) at all.

There is a coffee shop attached to the restaurant and I had breakfast there (not included in the price). The coffee shop was convenient but just average. The hotel itself is located in the St-Roch neighbourhood which is about a 20 minute walk (uphill) to Vieux-Quebec. There are some restaurants and shops in the neighbourhood but the area doesn't seem to "happening" at night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Genevieve_Hebert123, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Bonjour!

Thank you for your comments on your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

Indeed, Winter Carnival and Spring Break brings a lot of fun in Quebec City’s hotels! Ours makes no exception. Besides, we are well prepared and always do our best to safeguard guest’s tranquility, like you experienced is your past stay. Regarding breakfast options, it is true that we do not provide free breakfast. However, breakfast can be included in some room rates when booking any package by phone directly at the hotel, or, online on some websites for a small surcharge. For the benefit of other tripadvisor readers, our onsite restaurant serves full American breakfast either “à la carte” and/or “buffet” styles, depending on the hotel’s occupancy. Otherwise, a good way to save money on breakfast is to take our “early bird special” at 8.95$ plus taxes which consists of a plate made of 2 eggs, hash potatoes, toasts and fresh fruits including a glass of orange juice and coffee. It is served from 7am to 8:30am. Moreover, our onsite coffee shop serves high quality coffee, muffins, fruits, French style pastries like croissant, chocolatine, banana bread, etc., available as early as 6 am. So there are plenty of choices when you are looking for an inexpensive but full breakfast.

We thank you for your most complete review and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Quebec City. We look forward to welcome you again in the future!
Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My family and I stayed here one saturday night last minute due to a pending snow storm. I got a great last minute rate by calling the hotel directly. Our room was large with 2 queen beds, refrig and coffee maker. My kids enjoyed the small pool and hot tub. Although the chemicals were a bit overwheleming. I would stay here again. Great location. The only suggestion I would make is if you are a light sleeper like myself, request an outside room. Our room was interior and until 10 pm was load due to the atrium below. At 700am the began setting up for the buffett breakfast and all I could hear was clanking. Note that my family never heard anything.

Room Tip: Request an outside room verses and interior room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Genevieve_Hebert123, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Bonjour!
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. It is through comments such as yours that we can enhance our product and services more and more each day.

Indeed you caught a great deal when calling directly at the hotel! It is also the best way to ask for specific room type, amenities, view, etc. Regarding our pool, we do treat the pool and hot tub water daily in order to offer a safe and clean swim to our guest. It is possible that we needed to use a little more lately during the highest peak of the spring break. I apologize if the chemical smell bothered you and your family and I am glad to hear that your kids enjoyed it. There is so much to do in Quebec City during the Spring Break. Whether you prefer indoor or outdoor activities, there is no doubt you can easily find something fun to do and bring unforgettable memories home.

Again thank you for your comments, it was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Québec City.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Overall, this was a great hotel. It's close to old Quebec, and the rooms are large and accommodating. The only downside was that the interior rooms face a small alcove that basically becomes an echo chamber for all of the noise on the floors below. Besides the noise, it was a good hotel that I would recommend to others.

Room Tip: It might be best to look for rooms that face externally for reduced noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Genevieve_Hebert123, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Bonjour!
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. I am happy to hear that you had a “great experience”! Concerning interior rooms overlooking on the atrium and on the in-house restaurant, I would like to precise that there are only 24 of them on our 177 rooms. We must admit that when staying in standard room on the lowest floor, you may ear noises from the restaurant sometimes. This being said, over the next month, we will be giving our restaurant a makeover and soundproofing is part of the major upcoming changes. Otherwise, we invite Tripadvisor readers to note that it is always a pleasure for our front desk clerks to write down clients preferences concerning the view of the room upon reservation, check in or even upon check out in the event of a future stay. We will always do our best to meet the demands of our guests. Again, thank you for your honest review and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western Plus City Centre the next time you are in Québec City. We look forward to it!
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed here in July 2012 for three nights. We booked the hotel through Hotwire for a decent price, and we were delighted at the quality of this hotel. It was nearly on-par with what one would expect from a Marriott or a Hilton. Very clean, comfortable room, flat screen TV, plush lobby, and great service. They were helpful at pointing you in the right direction to all of the sights in the city (in English or French). It's not too bad of a walk to the old part of town from here, and along the way, there are several good restaurants and bars.

A few negatives were the parking - $20 per day, but it's what it seems to cost here. Also, our room seemed a little stuffy when we first arrived, with a chemical smell, but it faded quickly.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel, it was a good value and the service was good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Bonjour!
Thank you for your most complete review about your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I am happy that you took the time to post it. It is always gratifying to know that our guests liked the value of our hotel. As you mentioned, we can walk easily from the hotel to the main attractions of Québec City. Our neighborhood (Nouvo St-Roch) hosts a lot of bold shops, restaurants and bars. We are also a short drive from the country side of Quebec where we can enjoy the great outdoors in any season. A good pretext for another visit! It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western Plus City Centre the next time you are in Québec City. We look forward to it!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville? Share your experiences!