“Great one night stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 rue de la Couronne, Quebec City, Quebec G1K 6E6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #40 of 104 Hotels in Quebec City
Vermont
“Great one night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My family and I stayed here one saturday night last minute due to a pending snow storm. I got a great last minute rate by calling the hotel directly. Our room was large with 2 queen beds, refrig and coffee maker. My kids enjoyed the small pool and hot tub. Although the chemicals were a bit overwheleming. I would stay here again. Great location. The only suggestion I would make is if you are a light sleeper like myself, request an outside room. Our room was interior and until 10 pm was load due to the atrium below. At 700am the began setting up for the buffett breakfast and all I could hear was clanking. Note that my family never heard anything.

Room Tip: Request an outside room verses and interior room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Genevieve_Hebert123, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Bonjour!
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. It is through comments such as yours that we can enhance our product and services more and more each day.

Indeed you caught a great deal when calling directly at the hotel! It is also the best way to ask for specific room type, amenities, view, etc. Regarding our pool, we do treat the pool and hot tub water daily in order to offer a safe and clean swim to our guest. It is possible that we needed to use a little more lately during the highest peak of the spring break. I apologize if the chemical smell bothered you and your family and I am glad to hear that your kids enjoyed it. There is so much to do in Quebec City during the Spring Break. Whether you prefer indoor or outdoor activities, there is no doubt you can easily find something fun to do and bring unforgettable memories home.

Again thank you for your comments, it was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Québec City.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Overall, this was a great hotel. It's close to old Quebec, and the rooms are large and accommodating. The only downside was that the interior rooms face a small alcove that basically becomes an echo chamber for all of the noise on the floors below. Besides the noise, it was a good hotel that I would recommend to others.

Room Tip: It might be best to look for rooms that face externally for reduced noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Genevieve_Hebert123, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Bonjour!
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. I am happy to hear that you had a “great experience”! Concerning interior rooms overlooking on the atrium and on the in-house restaurant, I would like to precise that there are only 24 of them on our 177 rooms. We must admit that when staying in standard room on the lowest floor, you may ear noises from the restaurant sometimes. This being said, over the next month, we will be giving our restaurant a makeover and soundproofing is part of the major upcoming changes. Otherwise, we invite Tripadvisor readers to note that it is always a pleasure for our front desk clerks to write down clients preferences concerning the view of the room upon reservation, check in or even upon check out in the event of a future stay. We will always do our best to meet the demands of our guests. Again, thank you for your honest review and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western Plus City Centre the next time you are in Québec City. We look forward to it!
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed here in July 2012 for three nights. We booked the hotel through Hotwire for a decent price, and we were delighted at the quality of this hotel. It was nearly on-par with what one would expect from a Marriott or a Hilton. Very clean, comfortable room, flat screen TV, plush lobby, and great service. They were helpful at pointing you in the right direction to all of the sights in the city (in English or French). It's not too bad of a walk to the old part of town from here, and along the way, there are several good restaurants and bars.

A few negatives were the parking - $20 per day, but it's what it seems to cost here. Also, our room seemed a little stuffy when we first arrived, with a chemical smell, but it faded quickly.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel, it was a good value and the service was good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Bonjour!
Thank you for your most complete review about your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I am happy that you took the time to post it. It is always gratifying to know that our guests liked the value of our hotel. As you mentioned, we can walk easily from the hotel to the main attractions of Québec City. Our neighborhood (Nouvo St-Roch) hosts a lot of bold shops, restaurants and bars. We are also a short drive from the country side of Quebec where we can enjoy the great outdoors in any season. A good pretext for another visit! It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western Plus City Centre the next time you are in Québec City. We look forward to it!
Bangor, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The staff went above and beyond to be helpful and give directions, old Quebec is within walking distance approx 10-15 min (uphill) and we didn't need to drive anywhere while staying in Quebec, it was close to lots of good restaurants. We stayed in the executive suite and the room was spacious and clean(though the rooms are a bit dark and dated) and the walk-in shower was a great perk. Travelers should be aware there is a $20 fee each day for valet parking. All in all was a great value for the money

Room Tip: Executive suite is nice and roomy and the walk-in shower is a great perk! Gym and pool are tiny and...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bonjour!
Thank you for your great and detailed review about your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post it. It is always gratifying to know that our performance was appreciated, especially concerning our dedicated staff, varied hotel services and about our great location which is not always known from travelers. I am glad that you liked our executive rooms that provide an extra-large deluxe glass shower with umbrella and telephone knob. In addition to the actual perks of this room category, I am happy to announce that starting tomorrow; we will also be offering a complimentary welcome cocktail at our bar for guests that book the executive rooms! It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western Plus City Centre the next time you are in Québec City.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This hotel is sufficient in that it has clean, comfortable beds, adequate showers and free WiFi. Front desk staff are friendly, helpful and bilingual.
Other than that, there's no reason to stay here.
I am really not fussy and don't complain unless I think it was extraordinarily bad.
We found dirty towels twice in our washroom.
The street noise was a bit unbearable--from the bus stops below to the snow ploughs.
DO NOT DINE IN THE RESTAURANT. It is extremely over priced and of the poorest quality. My husband and I ordered breakfast in the dining room and it came to more than $40 for egg-plates and coffee. The food had likely been cooked hours earlier--the sausages hard and dry like beef jerky and English muffins were stale.
The gym is a teeny, tiny room crammed with too many machines for its size. The chemicals in the swimming area would choke a horse. The pool is way too small to do laps in, and the hot tub is built for two people--any more and you'd be rubbing elbows and other body parts with strangers.
Would not stay again.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the main street if you can help it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Genevieve_Hebert123, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Bonjour!
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments concerning your recent stay with us at the Best Western Plus City Center. Your feedback is appreciated. However, I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine service that you were expecting at the Settimo Cielo! and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. I can guaranty you that every comment you gave me as been noted and I will take steps to ensure that the problems you experienced do not happen again. I would like to inform TripAdvisor travelers that very shortly, our restaurant will get a makeover! The Settimo Cielo as you knew before will not exist anymore. It will be replaced by our new Bistro 330 which offers a North American bistro cuisine type. We will be please to surprise you with our new simple, varied and using local produce menu. We are very excited about that it and hope it will live up to everyone’s expectation! Again, we apologize for any inconvenience you experienced and we would be pleased to have you stay with us at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Quebec City. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable one.
Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I drove around a few times, didn't notice the hotel at first, not much to look at from the outside, and didn't realize there was no parking lot. However, the hotel is beautiful, especially the restaurant. Their food is a little pricey, but definitely worth it! Dinner was amazingly delicious. I was early and had to wait two hrs for my room, which was an inconvenience, but I did get great service and free coffee in the nicely decorated cafe. The only negative part , was I was awakened at 4am by knocks at my door, then again a short time later by a phone call , which was a wrong number. It would be nice if the hotel screened calls after midnight to avoid this, in case other people have given out incorrect room numbers. The hotel is centrally located, in a nice area, and I enjoyed walking around. Plenty of things to do, shops and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Genevieve_Hebert123, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Bonjour!

Thank you for your cooperation in taking the time to post your comments following your visit to the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. Your comments will be transmitted to the staff of our Italian restaurant: Settimo Cielo! Although you enjoyed the hotel and the restaurant, I am disappointed to read that you have been unlucky enough to get disturbed by a confused guest during the night. As you suggested, it is probably a case of someone that was given a wrong room number. We actually do filter external calls but, unfortunately, we cannot scan room to room calls as guest dial directly from their room.

We thank you for your honest review and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Quebec City. On you next visit; maybe you’ll have the chance to discover our bran new restaurant? Indeed, the time has come for our restaurant to get a makeover! Shortly, the Settimo Cielo as you knew before will not exist anymore. It will be replaced by our new Bistro 330 which offers a North American bistro cuisine type. We will be please to surprise you with our new simple, varied and using local produce menu. Our completely revamped new decor as well as our new cozy atmosphere will hopefully charm you even more! We look forward to it.
Sherbrooke, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I am very disappointed by this hotel. I am currently staying in the hotel, but and upset enough to take time to write the review while still on vacation. The hotel is nice enough, clean and meets all standard requirements, but the service is awful.
When I booked the hotel (on expedia and over a month ago), I called right away to request joining rooms. We are traveling with 4 children, my 2 kids and 2 friends. I was told over the phone that there was no problem, that the note had been made and that I would have 2 rooms that were joining.
When we arrived it was a different story. We had rooms next to each other, but not joining. This may not seem like a big deal, but it is very inconvenient and my husband and I have to split up so we are each in a room with the kids. Not at all what we had planned for. On top of this, the man at the desk was so rude and dismissive that I will never come back here. He asked if I had paid the guarantee fee of $10. I told him that I had never heard of this but would have. He simply replied "oh well, nothing I can do, my colleague made a mistake" then handed my my room keys and said "next"!!
Later than night, I went ask about getting a taxi for my family and he wrote down a number for me and again was dismissive. I asked if he could call for me, as I am not from Quebec and he directed me to a pay phone by the door. I then saw special taxi phones and asked if I could use that, and his reply was a shrug "I guess." I know this is not a 5 star place, but you would think we could expect a little more. He left me frustrated enough that on our return later that night, I refused to stop at the front desk to ask the questions we had for today.
If I had not already paid for the room and it was non-refundable, I would have left the hotel after my first interaction with the front desk. Luckily we are only here to sleep.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Genevieve_Hebert123, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Bonjour!

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre. Please accept our apologies if one of our staff members came across in an unprofessional manner while handling your concerns on your connecting room request. I can assure you that every effort is maintained by the hotel staff to provide exceptional, friendly and courteous service. So when a breakdown occurs, as in your situation, we are very concerned. I would be pleased to discuss further on the cause of your disappointment shall you contact me directly at ghebert@hotelquebec.com.

In fact, we only have a few connecting room options. Therefore, we unfortunately cannot guarantee that type of request. The lodging management always tries their best to fulfill all guests’ requests but, sometimes, it is not possible. This being said, the lack of sympathy and diligence you experienced from this Front Desk Clerk is unacceptable and I hope you will accept my sincere apologies. I am disappointed that we failed to give you the fine service and consideration we strive for with all our guests.

Again, thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. It is through comments such as yours that we are improving and will carry out the necessary measures to ensure that the problem you experienced never happens again. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Québec City. I promise we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one. Best regards.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville? Share your experiences!