Stayed for one night, April 7-8. Reserved one room through Priceline at the nightly rate of $58 USD. I stayed at the same hotel through Priceline in August at a much higher price, so I guess the lower price was due to the slow season between the winter Carnaval and summer.
We arrived early to check-in and were told that our room was not yet ready. However, we were willing to take a room with a king bed so we then got one right away. As an added bonus, it was an executive room, which didn't mean anything at that time.
When we got to the room (495), I finally understood the difference. It was located on a business class floor, and the rooms were closed off from the rest of the hotel. It contained a king bed, side table, dresser, HD television, desk, fridge, Keurig coffee maker and armoire (but no built-in closet). On the desk were a complimentary breakfast bar and bottle of water. Also, there was a view of the street.
The best surprise was the walk-in shower in the bathroom. It was larger than some of the bathrooms I've seen in other hotels. It was enclosed in glass and had both a shower handle and a rain faucet built into the ceiling. I am normally not a fan of this type of shower, but the dimensions and style made it very enjoyable.
There is free Internet access and three free Internet terminals in the lobby with free printing. I never had to wait when I needed to use one of the computers.
Parking was $20/day, and the daily fee included in-and-out privileges. The cars are kept in a gated area next to the hotel.
I mentioned last time that the area is distressed, and that is still the case. However, we ventured into the less-refurbished streets (heading west along rue Saint-Joseph est) and discovered several boutiques, music halls and restaurants. For Sunday brunch, we made a reservation at Le Clocher Penché (203, rue Saint-Joseph est) and had excellent crêpe and café au lait for $19.
This experience at the Best Western Plus was much improved over the last one. I do hope to return to Quebec City and would not mind staying here once again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy 4-stars accommodation at this Quebec City hotel when visiting this charming and historic city. Located in the heart of the Quebec City business community and easily accessible from main highways, the Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville is an ideal choice for business or leisure travelers. Located 0.5 kilometers from the Old City, cruise ship terminal and Plains of Abraham, this Quebec City hotel offers easy access to the Museum of Civilization, the Quebec Convention Center and the Quebec Fine Arts Museum. Guests staying at the hotel will be close to all of the entertainment and major happening of Quebec City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville Hotel Quebec City
- Best Western Quebec City
- Quebec City Best Western
- BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville Quebec/Quebec City