“True, a good quality hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 rue de la Couronne, Quebec City, Quebec G1K 6E6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #43 of 104 Hotels in Quebec City
Ottawa, Ontario
“True, a good quality hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Stayed for one night, April 7-8. Reserved one room through Priceline at the nightly rate of $58 USD. I stayed at the same hotel through Priceline in August at a much higher price, so I guess the lower price was due to the slow season between the winter Carnaval and summer.

We arrived early to check-in and were told that our room was not yet ready. However, we were willing to take a room with a king bed so we then got one right away. As an added bonus, it was an executive room, which didn't mean anything at that time.

When we got to the room (495), I finally understood the difference. It was located on a business class floor, and the rooms were closed off from the rest of the hotel. It contained a king bed, side table, dresser, HD television, desk, fridge, Keurig coffee maker and armoire (but no built-in closet). On the desk were a complimentary breakfast bar and bottle of water. Also, there was a view of the street.

The best surprise was the walk-in shower in the bathroom. It was larger than some of the bathrooms I've seen in other hotels. It was enclosed in glass and had both a shower handle and a rain faucet built into the ceiling. I am normally not a fan of this type of shower, but the dimensions and style made it very enjoyable.

There is free Internet access and three free Internet terminals in the lobby with free printing. I never had to wait when I needed to use one of the computers.

Parking was $20/day, and the daily fee included in-and-out privileges. The cars are kept in a gated area next to the hotel.

I mentioned last time that the area is distressed, and that is still the case. However, we ventured into the less-refurbished streets (heading west along rue Saint-Joseph est) and discovered several boutiques, music halls and restaurants. For Sunday brunch, we made a reservation at Le Clocher Penché (203, rue Saint-Joseph est) and had excellent crêpe and café au lait for $19.

This experience at the Best Western Plus was much improved over the last one. I do hope to return to Quebec City and would not mind staying here once again.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in an executive room on one of the business floors
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
BWCV-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Bonjour,
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. I am grateful that you let us know of your satisfaction. I am sincerely happy you could enjoy an upgrade in our Executive Room with deluxe glass shower. Again, thank you for a most complete review. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we are sincerely happy to know that you will visit us again the next time you are in Quebec City.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

As a second time visitor to Quebec City, having stayed in the Old Town on my first visit, I enjoyed the location of the Best Western Plus being within walking distance to the Old Town but being within the heart of the nouveau St Roch neighbourhood, an interesting and dynamic area of Quebec City.

Staying at the hotel itself was a comfortable experience - room was in good condition, very clean and spacious, unfortunately the view I had was pretty drab but other than I had no complaints with my room. Check-in and check-out service was friendly and efficient. The foyer/reception area is a little small and a spruce-up of the building exterior wouldn't hurt either, but they are by no means things dealbreakers.

Overall, this is a good standard hotel at great value for the price, and it does everything pretty well or well. No complaints. I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Bonjour,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments concerning your recent stay with us at the Best Western City Center. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We are glad you liked our neighborhood the Nouvo St-Roch which was the old working class neighborhood now reborn as center stage for the city’s artistic events and as a cultural hub. Concerning the view, even if we are not really an hotel with a view, it will always be a pleasure for our front desk clerks to note your preferences and we will always do our best to follow these preferences according to availability. Again, thank you for a most generous review. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we are sincerely happy to know that you will visit us again the next time you are in Quebec City.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Booked this hotel through a third party website and the name was revealed after purchase. Read the reviews and most were good so I was feeling optimistic. Called in advance to get a room on a high floor and we were not accommodated. Upon check in I asked for a room on a high floor and was told they were all booked and we couldn't get one. The view was of an air conditioner and some cigarette butts that's absolutely all we could see from our half of a hotel window. As for the room otherwise, it was clean upon arrival but wasn't cleaned during our stay. On the plus side the pool and gym were nice but small and we used them both. The location is far from the main attractions and the walk is uphill. The hotel is located in a bad area. Stay elsewhere. There are many hotels right in Old town.

Bonjour,
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them on TripAdvisor and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations and services that you were expecting. The hotel uses Opaque Third Party web sites such as Priceline or Hotwire to sell rooms that would go unsold otherwise. The hotel Management will always try to go the extra mile to make sure we meet and exceed our guest expectations. However the hotel cannot guarantee any specific room types and or room location in the hotel for reservations or bookings that are completed via opaque third party web sites. We invite TripAdvisor readers to qualify their hotel search and review the terms and conditions on Opaque web sites prior to complete any booking process. Using these tips will help you to make sure searches on opaque web sites reflect the exact accommodation needs and location that travelers are looking for in Quebec City. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Quebec City. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable one.
Hanover, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Good location, not exactly side by side with old Quebec, but you can walk to there. The room is very comfortable and clean. Tere are some restaurants near... Some fast-food too... And if it's cold or snowing and you don't want to get out in the night you can enjoy the warm swimming pool! Don't forget your biquini! :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
BWCV-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Bonjour,
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre Quebec. The perfect score you gave us is truly appreciated! We are glad you enjoyed our neighborhood the Nouvo St-Roch and that you made the most of our indoor pool! Once again, I am grateful that you let us know of your satisfaction. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again the next time you are in Quebec City!
Chibougamau
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights with 4 of my students...I had a really good price on expedia. The room was clean with a nice bathroom, good services, staff is pleasant, the restaurant is beautiful and the food is very good, good special for couples, breakfasts are the best!!!
the only negative point is the valet parking at 20$ per day but the service is excellent. I would certainly return with my family.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Bonjour,
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre Quebec. I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. We are glad you enjoyed our in house restaurant named Settimo Cielo! During summer time, our full American breakfast buffet will be available each morning but you will still be able to order from our “a la carte” breakfast menu. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and I am sincerely happy to know that you will visit us again with your family the next time you are in Quebec City. We look forward to it!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Stayed here for 4 days. We wanted somewhere close enough to the old city but at reasonable cost. We found the hotel through Hotwire and for what paid, we were happy. It's about a 15 minute (mostly uphill) walk to the old city. We love to walk so it worked out great. The hotel was nice, clean and the staff were always helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Bonjour,
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. I am grateful that you let us know of your satisfaction. I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. With the summer coming, our neighborhood (Nouvo St-Roch) will become even more lively with the opening of the terraces on Saint-Joseph Street. The walk to Old Quebec will become a must to enjoy the city at its best. I also strongly suggest the walk from our hotel to the old port and Quartier Petit Champlain to discover the charms of the lower town. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and I am sincerely happy to know that you will visit us again the next time you are in Quebec City. We look forward to it!
Oshawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

Traveled to Quebec City by train for the 2012 Winter Carnival festivities and stayed at this Best Western Hotel. Location was ok as we could take the bus to where everything was taking place. Upon check-in for 4 days we were given probably one of the smallest rooms in the hotel. 10ft x 14ft is not very big when a king bed, TV and a dresser is placed. Not much of an upgrade especially when my Best Western level is at the top tier. The room was actually the smallest we have ever experienced with Best Western anywhere in the world....and we do travel a lot. Staff were apologetic and offered to move us the next day but once unpacked it is a real pain to move. I must add that I reserved and paid for two rooms for our accompanying friends...our room was quite a bit smaller than theirs. One day our room was missed and by 3:00pm when we came back to change, we had to call down to have room cleaned. At check out mistakes noted on our invoice which required our attention. As a complmentary appology we were offered dinner at the restaurant....excellent meal and the service was good....too bad the rest of our BW experience at this hotel was not of the same calibre. I did pass on our comments to the establishment....would I stay there again.....no way!

Room Tip: Take a look before you commit. There are some good size rooms available, sadly ours was well below...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
BWCV-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Bonjour,
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations and services that you were expecting. I investigated your comments and will take the necessary measures to ensure that the problems you experienced with the cleaning service and billing do not happen again. I am relieved to read the complimentary meal you were offered was up to your expectations. We invite travelers to note that our clerks will always be pleased to mark down your preferences concerning the room (size, view, floor, etc…) upon reservation and we will always do our best to meet these demands when availability allows us to. Since there is someone to answer your request in the hotel 24/7, do not hesitate to contact the front desk if anything can be done for you upon check in and during your stay. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Québec City. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable one.
Sincerely yours,

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville? Share your experiences!