“airport hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel & Suites Monte-Cristo

You added Hotel & Suites Monte-Cristo to your Saves list
Hotel & Suites Monte-Cristo
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6030 boulevard Wilfrid Hamel, Quebec City, Quebec G2E2H6, Canada   |
Ranked #66 of 104 Hotels in Quebec City
A TripAdvisor Member
“airport hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

location is only good if you wanna go to the airport the next day. it is too far away from the city center to go into town without a taxi.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Manon D, Responsable commercial at Hotel & Suites Monte-Cristo, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Hello,

thank you for your comment !
It's true that Hotel & Suites Monte-Cristo is close from the airport but far from the center except if you have a car.

That's why we offer a special package "Bye Bye Quebec", ours customers can leave their car in a safe place, sleep in a room before their flight et take their plane tomorrow !

Sonia
Customer service

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
North America
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

We got stuck with this hotel through Expedia but we thought we had found a gem! We arrived to a beautiful reception area and were very excited to see our suite. We were given room 101, which clearly stands for the worst room ever. We walked in to this horrible stench. The room was extremely dark and gloomy. The A/C was so deafening that we decided to sweat instead of listen to it's sounds all night. We went to the pool, which was the only upside of the hotel. When we returned, we got ready for bed and noticed in some places that there were ants on the bed! Okay no big deal, we removed them. I couldn't sleep all night because I was worried that they were elsewhere. Not to mention the bed was extremely uncomfortable. In the morning, I was all ready for breakfast but it was terrible. No variety whatsoever. We get back to the hotel to grab our stuff and check out and what do I see? Ants all over our wrapped food on the table, ants on the bathroom floor and in our towels! I was done.

Room Tip: Do Not Go There
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

This hotel was the worst we have ever stayed in. They told us that check in time was 2 pm, when we got there, they said that the room won't be ready until 2:30, but they gave us the room key. Since a family member was dropping us off, we decided to get something to eat, we ended up spending some time sightseeing until about 5:30 pm. When we went in the room, the floor by the jacuzzi tub and the bathroom floor was soaking wet, the bathroom smelled like a gas station bathroom, the room was dark, smelly, the door was stuck, you actually to seriously tug on it to open it. The website also doesn't show that behind the hotel was trailer park. This room cost us $200, and if we saw the room before we paid, we wouldn't have paid $25 for it. Whoever took the pictures they used for the website is a genius, the rooms looked nothing that was in the pictures. If we had transportation and knew the area better, we would have ran out of that hotel. This was a total false advertisement.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night because I had an event in QC city the next day. The room was clean and the bed was big enough for two (I was there with my mother). The staff at the front desk was very accomodating and friendly. There is a pool which I didn't use because it wasn't opened while we were there (may).

I slept very well and couldn't hear a sound from the street or the other rooms.
Plus, high speed internet and parking are both free.

Of course this isn't a 4* hotel, but it's great if you're looking for a cheap stay. I'd good back if needed.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

I reserved a room because I had a dance competition in Québec City for one day only. I arrived late at night. The room was big, the parking very close to the room. There was a microwave and a small fridge in the room (which was of great use for us). The double bed is good for 2 people (I was in the room with a fellow dancer) and I found the room very quiet (=I slept well at night). Don't expect this hotel to be a luxurious one. For me, it was located 10 minutes away from where the competition took place (which was very important to me), and the price was the best I could find. A small breakfast is included, that helped me too. There is a small swimming pool for those interested (especially those coming with kids) but it wasn't open in May, it's only open in the summer. The staff is very friendly.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hotel & Suites Monte-Cristo? Share your experiences!