We stayed here for 3 nights at the end of August and had a lovely spacious room on the fourth floor, with a view across to the museum of civilisation and beyond to the St Lawrence. We would have welcomed a bedside table and reading lights on both sides of the (very comfortable) bed and also tea making facilities - there's only a coffee machine in the rooms and the downstairs library/ sitting room. Top marks otherwise. We are obviously in a minority on the breakfasts though, though one reviewer does make the point that they are more suited to North American tastes and that may be the case. Even the simplest choice of cooked breakfast - variations on the bacon and eggs combo, came with a soggy pile of toast on the same plate as well as fresh fruit. Lovely to have the fresh fruit but preferably on its own plate and with all the lovely seasonal soft red and blue fruits in the markets, why serve up the same melon and pineapple combo every day? The crepes were not freshly cooked to order and rubbery and the croissants in this most French of Canadian cities were so disappointing and not from any self respecting boulangerie but what I'd buy from a supermarket in the UK. I'd also prefer to give feedback to the hotel rather than just post a review with negative comments and not tell staff direct but there was no opportunity to do so - no comment form in the bedroom that we could find and the receptionist surprisingly didn't ask if we'd enjoyed our stay when we were checking out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is no small wonder that Le Saint Pierre is one of Quebec City’s most sought-after properties. The combined beauty and elegance of its 200 year-old façade with the natural warmth of its interior with parquet flooring and exposed stone and brick walls is, quite simply, beautiful.Fine hotel elegance and incomparable, intimate Old Quebec charm make our 31 rooms and 10 Suites a winning combination for all our guests.Cozy, warm, dynamic atmosphere as well as complimentary breakfast and Internet access await you at Le Saint Pierre, Auberge Distinctive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Le Saint-Pierre Auberge Distinctive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Auberge Saint-Pierre Hotel Quebec City
- Auberge Saint Pierre Quebec
- Auberge St Pierre
- Le Saint-Pierre Auberge Distinctive Quebec/Quebec City