Our stay here was everything I'd want for a romantic holiday. They've done a splendid job of converting an old bank building into a small luxury hotel. The location in lower town was superb, very close to the port, dining, shopping, galleries and antiques. It was also very quiet (the lower town seems quieter than upper town.) The public areas were so warm and inviting. Having a glass of wine on one of the deep cushioned sofas before going out to dinner is recommended. The staff suggested extremely charming bistros within a few blocks. Breakfast was delightful with room to eat on an outdoor patio if you wish. Our room on the 7th floor had a wonderful view of the Chateau Frontenac. The room was simply but beautifully designed. There were 2 showers - one in the tub, one a separate shower stall. Quebec City is very small, so you can walk everywhere. Don't miss the Farmer's Market.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The neighbourhood that saw the birth of QuebecThe hotel was inaugurated in 1997 in the former office building of Dominion Fish & Fruit Limited, erected in 1912, and enjoys an enviable location on Saint-Pierre Street in the heart of Quebec City's historic Old Port district.The hotel possesses the elegance, comfort and refinement that are distinctive to all Le Germain Boutique-Hotels. Although completely renovated, it still exudes the charm of yesteryear, thanks to efforts to preserve its historic character. Somehow, the hotel has a soul, and it's this in particular that attracts guests.Relaxing Comfort In Serene SurroundingsThe rooms, where meticulous attention to detail reigns, each deliver a slice of history. Guests will nevertheless find that the design and amenities have a modern feel, allowing them to fully enjoy a relaxing oasis in the heart of a neighbourhood as picturesque as it is lively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hotel Le Germain-Dominion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dominion 1912 Hotel
- Dominion 1912 Quebec City
- Hotel Le Germain-Dominion Quebec/Quebec City