“This place embodies true boutique hotel feeling” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Germain-Dominion

You added Hotel Le Germain-Dominion to your Saves list
Hotel Le Germain-Dominion
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   126, rue Saint-Pierre, Quebec City, Quebec G1K 4A8, Canada   |
Special Rate
20% off on 2nights
Ranked #3 of 104 Hotels in Quebec City
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“This place embodies true boutique hotel feeling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

As a young professional, I got to stay in many big chain hotels before on business trips. Hotel Germain Dominion was my first boutique hotel experience and I really enjoyed my stay. The service was impeccable and the place had a warm and inviting feeling. I was impressed with the room layout and the professionalism of the service. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day for me. I was surprised by the food quality served in the morning. It really got me going to a good start. I highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Quebec City. Looking forward to returning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SylvieD492, General Manager at Hotel Le Germain-Dominion, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Pawel M.,

Your comments are precious to us and I will happily pass them along to my team.

I am glad you enjoyed your first boutique hotel experience especially since I think we were booked initially and, leaving your name on our waitlist, we were able to confirm your reservation.

Should you wish to experience another boutique hotel stay, I am happy to let you know that we also have properties in Montreal on Mansfield Street, Toronto and Calgary, and you will always be welcome at Le Germain-Dominion.

Warmest regards,

Sylvie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I booked this hotel seeing that it was near the cruise port. I did not want to pay for another taxi ride in Quebec.
This was the perfect hotel for us to stay in before our cruise. The rooms were modern and ellegant. You have Kurig type coffee makers in the room, plus a fridge, plenty of bottled water and a mini bar including snack foods. Yes they did charge extra for most of the snacks and alcohol, but the water was free.
The linens and mattress were very very comfy. Breakfast was included. It was in the main hotel lobby where they had several tables, couches, chairs and one large table all done up in beautiful woods neutral tones. You had a choice of several types of coffee, tea, juice, pasteries, hard cooked eggs, breads, jams, toast, fruit, oatmeal, cold cereal, milk, cheeses, yogurt and more. You serve yourself. Everything about this hotel was first class including the staff who were extremely helpful. The hotel was about a 5 minute walk to the finicular and sereral restaurants, bars and shops. But the best part was we had a 2 block walk to the cruise terminal. Just perfect! I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: We only asked for a queen size bed. The view was not much, so I suggest if you want a nice view ask...
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The hotel is located in the heart of the Lower City, close to the stairs or funicular leading to the Upper City. I found the shops in the Lower City to be more interesting than in the Upper City. Rue St. Paul is lined with a variety of eating places, and runs next to the hotel -- we ate at 3 restaurants on this street. After walking all over the city during the day, I love the convenience of having dinner just outside the hotel, then rolling back in and going to bed.

The room was very large. No noise from outside or from neighboring rooms. Breakfast buffet is very basic, but enough to get you going in the morning. There are no conventional tables and chairs for eating breakfast, just a few communal tables, along with some easy chairs and coffee tables. While I like the concept of sitting in an easy chair or on a stool around a communal table for breakfast, the appeal sometimes wanes when I'm forced to be so close to strangers so early in the morning.

I usually don't like dark hotel rooms, but this one had sufficient lights in all the right places. The bathroom was large, and had ample shelf room for toiletries. The shower was spacious, with good water pressure, nice shampoo and soap in easy-to-use pumps mounted on the shower wall. And only minimal water leak onto the bathroom floor from under the shower door.

FYI: there are no banks in the Lower City, but there is an ATM at the gas station around the corner from the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The hotel is in a beautiful old building, part of it was an old bank. High ceilings, large windows, spacious rooms with brand new bathrooms and modern touches throughout. The staff are extremely helpful and eager to please. The continental breakfast was more than ample with fresh croissant, cheeses, fresh fruit, etc. delicious coffee too!

The location is superb too. Just a sort walk to all the sights in the old city and right in the heart of the lower town.

• Stayed November 2012
montrealbis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed there only for a short night.
The hotel wants to be in the luxury category... I cannot deny that it is very refined, with numerous very nice features (like a nice expresso maker in each room, and a free (but very simple) breakfast in the lobby). However, I was put off by its style...it is truly personnal and therefore would not apply to everyone, but I don't like the decoration which is supposedly stylish : I had the feeling of being in a Leon furniture store (in the high end section!). My room was filled with light switches and it somewhat enerving to find out which one does what. Overall, the room was very poorly lit, and it is so dark that I could not read anywhere else except in bed. The bathroom was also very dark (careful when you shave!). I really do not need to have 'elevator' music in my room when I arrive...then I have to battle with the radio to shut it off.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SylvieD492, General Manager at Hotel Le Germain-Dominion, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us and I am glad you feel that a lot of what we offer is to your entire satisfaction such as value, cleanliness and service.

The rooms are located in two different buildings offering two different decors and different views. If you like more natural day light, I recommend the rooms with classic contemporary decor. All of our built-in furniture is designed and manufactured exclusively for us, by renowned local professionals. A beautiful Artemid floor lamp is placed in each room with a confortable chair for reading; specific lighting is also available for bed reading or desk reading/working.

Maybe you did not stay long enough to appreciate everything or should come back summer time when the sun is very bright.

A la prochaine,

Sylvie Dionne
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Very sleek and modern looking boutique hotel. We liked the style and the decor, though our room ended up a bit dark due to abundance of black finishes. The air-conditioning unit in our room was noisy so we had to turn it off at nights.
The front desk was very knowledgeable about the area and willing to spend time with us to help us plan our daily trips. We are very grateful for their help.
All in all, nice hotel in a good location with superb front desk service.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This was the third & final Le Germain hotel of our Canadian trip, and though the others were v good, this one sneaked the prize as the best. Had the same clean, sleek, modern look as the others but a more relaxed personal touch. This hotel seemed less geared to business travellers and more to people on holiday. Room beautiful (as ever), bathroom so comfortable with a curious lightbulb below the sink giving the room alluring light. Reception helpful & friendly as usual. And best of all, the lobby area was full of comfy armchairs, coffee tables, candles, fireplace, a library with books & games ... need I go on? At night, they give you chocolates & put background music on in your room, just in case you haven't already been seduced by the hotel! Love this chain, and love this hotel.

I love your comment!

Quebec City is charming and our location in the Old Port is almost candid. We have to take this into consideration and are very protective of it. I am glad you liked it... oups... you said Love...

Sylvie Dionne

Been to Hotel Le Germain-Dominion? Share your experiences!