I booked this hotel seeing that it was near the cruise port. I did not want to pay for another taxi ride in Quebec.
This was the perfect hotel for us to stay in before our cruise. The rooms were modern and ellegant. You have Kurig type coffee makers in the room, plus a fridge, plenty of bottled water and a mini bar including snack foods. Yes they did charge extra for most of the snacks and alcohol, but the water was free.
The linens and mattress were very very comfy. Breakfast was included. It was in the main hotel lobby where they had several tables, couches, chairs and one large table all done up in beautiful woods neutral tones. You had a choice of several types of coffee, tea, juice, pasteries, hard cooked eggs, breads, jams, toast, fruit, oatmeal, cold cereal, milk, cheeses, yogurt and more. You serve yourself. Everything about this hotel was first class including the staff who were extremely helpful. The hotel was about a 5 minute walk to the finicular and sereral restaurants, bars and shops. But the best part was we had a 2 block walk to the cruise terminal. Just perfect! I would certainly stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- Dominion 1912 Hotel
- Dominion 1912 Quebec City
- Hotel Le Germain-Dominion Quebec/Quebec City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Neighbourhood That Saw The Birth Of QuebecThe hotel was inaugurated in 1997 in the former office building of Dominion Fish & Fruit Limited, erected in 1912, and enjoys an enviable location on Saint-Pierre Street in the heart of Quebec City's historic Old Port district.The Hotel With SoulThe hotel possesses the elegance, comfort and refinement that are distinctive to all Le Germain Boutique-Hotels. Although completely renovated, it still exudes the charm of yesteryear, thanks to efforts to preserve its historic character. Somehow, the hotel has a soul, and it's this in particular that attracts guests.Relaxing Comfort In Serene SurroundingsThe rooms, where meticulous attention to detail reigns, each deliver a slice of history. Guests will nevertheless find that the design and amenities have a modern feel, allowing them to fully enjoy a relaxing oasis in the heart of a neighbourhood as picturesque as it is lively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Venere, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Le Germain-Dominion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.