We have stayed at this hotel severyal times since we have family in Quebec. Mom and Dad live within walking distance to the hotel, and it is quite convenient to have stayed here in the past The rooms up till now have been acceptable, but now knowing of the other choices in the area, we will probably avoid staying here again mainly for the following reason and most recent experience:
The hotel has been going through renovations throughout the rooms for over a year now, and apparently, if you want a renovated room, you have to pay an extra $30 per night. -- What? -- New to me.
The furniture in an unrenovated room destined for anyone not in the know is dated, chipped and in terrible condition. Do not pay for or accept an unrenovated room I made the mistake of trusting a change (or appology) by kindly asking for a better room upon arrival.... at least to arrive at a level to what would be considered standard. Unfortunately, I was left in the same old (literally) room and frustrated that our simple request for a new room ignored. The front desk didnt seem to care and I was pretty much politely ignored. Am I being punished for knowing about the new rooms? I left the front desk totally disappointed, and felt scammed for being not satisfied. Knowing what I paid and receiving such service does not comute.
Apparently, the Marriott has put in an offer to purchase this property to rescue it and retrain the staff how to overcome an objection. Until under new ownership I will not revisit this hotel. There are nicer rooms in better hotels for less money.
- signed: Left disappointed in a sub-standard room. .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Le Concorde Quebec offers over 400 rooms and suites, located in the heart of beautiful Quebec city, nearby museums, activities, attractions and major events of the region. It is the ideal place for an urban getaway or a business stay in Quebec city. Its imposing structure offers a beautiful view of the majestic fleuve Saint-Laurent. Hotel Le Concorde offers valet parking to its customers since November 2014. Customers do not have to drive around downtown Quebec in order to find a parking space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Le Concorde Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Quebec City
- Quebec City Loews
- Hotel Le Concorde Quebec Quebec City