“Good hotel, friendly staff, perfect location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Concorde Quebec

You added Hotel Le Concorde Quebec to your Saves list
Hotel Le Concorde Quebec
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1225 Cours du General-de Montcalm, Quebec City, Quebec G1R 4W6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Rate
CAD89 (CAD)
Ranked #54 of 104 Hotels in Quebec City
Ottawa, Canada
“Good hotel, friendly staff, perfect location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This hotel was in the perfect location. The staff were all very friendly. The rooms were clean, beds comfortable. The decor was a bit outdated - modern furniture but beige walls, beige bathroom..could use some modern decor updates.
We ate upstairs at L'Astral for breakfast one morning. The food was good although quite overpriced. We asked for tea and got red rose tea but it turned out they had Starbucks Tazo tea for the same price although the waiter never asked what we'd like. The view at the restaurant definitely made it worth the trip. WOW. Those views are incredible - make sure you go when it's nice weather though, otherwise it won't be worth your trip.
We came in the winter so the pool was closed (it is outdoors), although they do have a small hot tub indoors. Although we didn't use it, the gym facilities seem pretty up-to-date with several different machines, weights, matts...
We got a great deal off of hotwire so we can't comment on value for money (although what we paid was worth it!).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Large hotel just outside Old Quebec City wall. Perfect location if you plan to stay around Old Quebec - within easy walking distance for all Old Quebec attractions. New Years celebrations take place on street outside this hotel. Lots of great restaurants nearby. Coffee shop across the street and Starbucks a few doors down. Rotating restaurant handy -enjoyed evening drinks looking out at the 360 degree view. Disappointed in their New Years Day brunch. Had booked months in advance and was seated right beside the buffet area - noisey and people bumping up against our table. Food was fair but not worth $50 a plate. Wouldn't do the buffet again, but would stay in the hotel. Clean. We checked for bedbugs and found none. Linen clean. Staff at the desk and lobby very helpful. Bar on main level off the lobby was comfortable and had great drinks.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

As a previous review states, this hotel is a hidden gem within Quebec City. The staff and service are great and the price is very reasonable. Don't forget to check out the revolving restaurant on the top floor.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We booked 2 hotel rooms in Quebec City on Priceline, and were given the Loews Le Concorde Hotel for $90.00. Upon arrival we went up to our rooms, and discovered that part of both rooms had a big portion behind a wall, which turned out to be the elevator. Very noise when the elevator was working ! I called the front desk and politely asked to be changed to another room due to the noise. She said " YOU BOOKED AN ELEVATOR ROOM and if you want an upgrade it is $20 ! ". I said I did not book an elevator room, and I would not like an upgrade, I don't care the size of the room or the bed, I just don't want to be next to the elevator. After getting nowhere with her, we went to the manager, who also claimed "you booked an elevator room". After an hour of discussing this, the hotel was not budging from their claim. A hotel with proper customer service would have changed our rooms, and swallowed the $20, to keep 2 couples satisfied, and not write a negative report on trip advisor. Nowhere on Priceline nor any hotel website is there a box to tick off that says "ELEVATOR ROOM" !!!! I would advise you not to book Name Your Price 4 Star in Quebec City. This is the only hotel you will get. There are not any other 4 stars on their site. We spoke to Priceline who was very understanding and gave us a refund. We then went to the Hilton Hotel on the edgo of Old Quebec, and had a stunning room, with amazing views of the water and of Old Quebec, and dealt with extremely nice staff. I highly recommend the Hilton. Ask for a room high up, with a view. You will not be disappointed. That's the place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hawthorne CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I can't say that I have stayed at a hotel where the staff was courteous and outgoing prior to my stay at the Loews Le Concorde Hotel. They were very accommodating by moving me to an adjacent room when the internet was not working in the room in which I was initially assigned.

I had a great view of the St. Lawrence River, Le Chateau Frontenac and all of the surrounding area. The food at the revolving restaurant was delicious. I had a great stay at the hotel and would strongly recommend it to anyone who wants to stay in a great hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Went there on the 3rd and 4th of January with my 10 y.o. son for some rest, relaxation and visiting Quebec City. We got a room there through Priceline for 75$ / night - can't beat it. They gave us a lovely room with 2 double beds on the 24th floor, with a great view of the city. The staff was courteous and very helpful. We parked in the underground garage, but street parking would also have been possible.

I highly recommend this hotel for its perfect location and its proximity to the walled city, and for the quality of its staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Nathalie K, Manager at Hotel Le Concorde Quebec, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thanks for your great comments on our property. We really hope that we will have the honor to host you again at Loews!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The customer service at this establishment is very unprofessional and not accomodating. I rented a SUV from Montreal to get to Quebec, and it doesn't fit in the "highly" adverstised underground parking. I was told that they are going to place it on the street - which doesn't do me much good, when its -16 degrees during the day and closer to -20 at night! On top of that they refused to waive the nightly charge for parking!!!

The internet access I called the hotel room ahead of time and asked if they offered free WiFi in rooms, they said yes - but when I got here I was told it was NOT free and that I had to pay to use the internet!

The rooms are VERY OLD and though they have nice views the accomodations at the hotel are definitely outdated and in NO WAY deserving of a 4 star rating... especially when you couple the customer service with the out-dated accomodations.

Overall I was very disapppionted by this hotel and will write a follow-up letter to AAA to see that there rating is re-visited, because they do NOT deserve their 4 star rating...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Good morning! First, I would like to apologize for the inconvenients you encountered during your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Unfortunately, we can not change what happened but if you would like to contact me, it will be a pleasure to discuss about thoses issues with you. nkuntz@loewshotels.com

Been to Hotel Le Concorde Quebec? Share your experiences!