“Nice views in the Fall!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Concorde Quebec

Save Saved
You added Hotel Le Concorde Quebec to your Saves list
Hotel Le Concorde Quebec
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1225 Cours du General-de Montcalm, Quebec City, Quebec G1R 4W6, Canada   |
Ranked #45 of 102 hotels in Quebec City
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice views in the Fall!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The exterior of this hotel stuck out like a sore thumb because the other buildings were so quaint, and this hotel isn't really modern looking either. The lobby is kind of 'eh', but the room I had looked nice. Internet access is limited to the business center and hotel lobby area. There is a charge for using it in the room.

Despite being updated, there were many signs that fixtures were old and needed replacement. The room felt too warm when I first went in. I had somehow missed the controllor switch at the side and looked for a switch on the wall, but the loose wall board covering the heater suddenly fell off and revealed a very old heater, lots of dirt, dust bunnies and all. I had to fix it back myself too, because I couldn't stand looking at the gap.

Otherwise, the obvious areas like the study desk, bathroom countertops were very clean. The bed was nice and comfortable, but between the covers and the blanket, I found hair (I mention it because there were quite a number of strands all over.) I know it's common for hotels not to wash the covers and blankets often, so I usually pull them off before I sleep. But, at least check it each time?

The room was large, but really oddly shaped. When you open the door, there's a long passageway before you get to the main part of the room, and the queen bed is in a corner such that if you're not skinny, you'll probably have to walk sideways to get into bed on either side. The bathroom is also cramped, compared to the empty space in the middle of the room. Also, the bath becomes really dark once you draw the shower curtain. There wasn't anything particularly unpleasant about the room apart from the unclean covers... and extra points for a very nice view of Battlefield Park. In the fall, it is exceptionaly beautiful.

The hotel is a little bit further from the main attractions, but I enjoy the walk down to Old Quebec. Despite being a hilly city, Quebec is still very walkable. There are some restaurants around if the weather is cold and you want a quick meal. Cosmos (right downstairs but not part of the hotel) has a great variety on its breakfast menu.

I don't know what to say about the service at the hotel, because while bordering on the unimpressive, there wasn't much interaction. There was a wait to check-in because somehow one guest's request needed not just one front desk person, but the other who had nothing to do to stand there as well. The concierge asked me to refer to the tourist publication when I asked for recommendations of restaurants in the area close to the hotel. I understand it might be vexing to repeat yourself all the time, plus I usually go with my gut anyway and do some of my own research, so that was no biggie, although I wouldn't appreciate the service. Lastly, I requested for a late checkout, and was told there was no problem with that, but when I checked out I got a very doubtful look from a different front desk person.

It's generally a nice hotel, and for the view, it might be worth a shot.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

776 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I arrived with my mom for a much needed 4 day weekend. When I arrived, it was a little unnerving to find out that the $300 security deposit for the room had been added on to the total amount. This was the first time that I had booked a hotel on my own & I was unaware of this. Lesson learned for next time :) Once I got over my surprise with this, the staff in the hotel was friendly & helpful. Our questions were answered, if we needed a cab, a cab was called for us, & when we went to the L'Astral restaurant, the view was amazing! We had a luxury room that was nicely furnished with a mini bar & a Keurig coffee maker & the 2 double beds were very comfortable! The hotel is a short walk from Old Quebec, definitely worth considering if you are planning a trip to Quebec City!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

While we have stayed here before many years ago - and eaten in L'Astral - we have not previously reviewed it. this stay, as with others, we found the views from the rooms (and restaurant) the best feature. Staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms large (we selected a large King on an upper floor -#20), and, at least upper floors, completely insulated from outside noise. Unfortunately, noise can be heard from the halls and nearby rooms (voices, tv, doors closing). Views of beautiful Quebec are the BIG advantage here - try to get a high floor room on the East side. Our bed was comfortable, and we had a comfortable couch and desk chair, and the room was well cleaned. There is a small hot tub, sauna, and gym on the 4th floor and a seasonal outdoor pool. While ther is a small bar on the ground floor, we used the bar in the revolving restaurant (L'Astral) on the 27th floor due to the view - while the view was incredible and the service good for drinks, unfortunately the drinks themselves seemed weak.
The room we had, while clean, had some chips and paint defects, and the night light was burned out; it was equipped with a nice coffee maker (no tea), and tv, but no microwave or frig. Overall, despite the noise and minor room defects, the views make this hotel a very good choice. I should note that parking seems relatively expensive here (an indoor garage - as much as $29 with their valet parking), though hotel and restaurant are reasonably priced for the city and location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

In the heart of Québec City, Loews Hôtel Le Concorde is a little slice of Paris, right here in Canada. I love the charm of the Old Quebec. The French cuisine restaurants are fabulous and it's easy to put on a few extra pounds while there. The winding cobblestone streets of the Old City are filled with romantic moments and photographic magic. There is a lovely outdoor pool on the 4th floor during the summer hours. The little bistro bar downstairs was fun with exquisite service from the bar tender who remembered exactly what we ordered the previous night. The rotating rooftop restaurant features 360 degree views of Old Quebec City. This place is lots of fun with iimpeccable service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

We came to Quebec city for a conference. Last min our pet sitter cancelled and we had to find a hotel that was pet friendly, when we called Loews they said 100% pet friendly and yes we could step out no problem! When we arrived in Quebec after driving 13 hours, we were told that was not the case! Well too late for us! The front desk seemed more then happy to dismiss Us. An told us to feel free to stay somewhere else... Wow we felt welcome, They went over the pet pOlicy with us at the front desk, ask for a cell number to cafowls he wbeing eking while we were out.... wtf?!? That contradicts itself right there... Make up your minds people. We didnt get half the "pet friendly" treatment that we were told we would get, and in the end felt very out of place and looked down on for having our pet with us.......

Beware truly not pet friendly!!!

• Stayed October 2012
Victoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had a great stay at Loews, late September 2012. Six in our party, three rooms, two nights, prior to boarding a cruise. Wonderful location, walking distance to restaurants, bars, shopping. Right next to the Plains of Abraham and on the corner of the Grand Allee. Easy walk to the Chateau Frontenac area and all the sights of the Upper Town. There is a tram from in front of the Chateau Frontenac to the Lower Town. Don't miss the Lower Town. The Lowes Concorde has a revolving restaurant on the top floor, which is well worth a look. We thought dinner a bit pricy, but had the breakfast buffet and the view alone was worth it. Would recommend, and would definitely stay again. Staff all spoke English, and were helpful with all our questions. Not a new hotel, but certainly well situated. About a $30 cab ride from the airport, and about $20 to the cruise terminal, but this was due to the traffic.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cornwall, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Got this room off of Priceline, and I wanted a king size bed, which wasn't available in the block of rooms for Priceline clients. So they offered me a 20$ upgrade, which you give me a king size bed in the newly renovated luxury rooms, and the rooms are at the higher floors. I didn't see the basic rooms, but the 24th floor room was worth the 20 bucks just for the view of old quebec. The room was very nice and roomy. We really enjoyed our stay

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Hotel Le Concorde Quebec? Share your experiences!