“Great museum” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Musee de la Civilisation

Musee de la Civilisation
85 Dalhousie | (At de la Barricade), Quebec City, Quebec G1K 7A6, Canada (Downtown Quebec City)
+1 418-643-2158
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 119 Attractions in Quebec City
Type: Museums
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This museum is characterized by its innovative and daring outlook. It defines itself as a seat of knowledge and ideas, a museum endowed with valuable collections, an education centre and a living memory. It is located in the region's capital, Quebec City, in the heart of an historic district and close to Place Royale. Schedule and Fees available on our Web Site.
Newport, Rhode Island
11 attraction reviews
“Great museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We spent a cold afternoon here and were mostly interested in the Paris circa 1900 special exhibition - which was fabulous - but found the rest of the museum fascinating and entertaining as well. The exhibits are appropriately labeled for the appropriate audiences. Everything was clean and despite the crowds, we never felt crowded. I would go back here on another visit.

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Summit, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
“Nice touch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Right across the street from Hotel 71 (a great boutique hotel). We spent three hours in this museum, which was larger than it looks from the outside. English audio was available. Well worth it and you can buy a 3-museum and visit the other two in the area - which we did.

Maynard, Massachusetts
24 attraction reviews
“Escaped the Weather for a Visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

This was a nice visit...not sure we'd return again unless the weather drove us inside with so many other options to consider ub QC.

Some of the hand on exhibits were broken - both the video game and permanent exhibits had items that didn't function properly.

The place was very clean, and I did enjoy reviewing some of the exhibits and would consider going back again if the weather made other options limited. This would not be on the top of places to return for my kids (7 and 9).

Woodstock, New York
16 attraction reviews
“Excellent museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I thought this was an excellent museum, and well worth a few hours. Unfortunately, I couldn't give it the time it deserved. I thought the history of Quebec section was very well done and I learned a lot... did not agree with some of the other reviews on this site. My family also enjoyed the special exhibits on 'gaming' (history of video games) and Paris at the turn of the 19th-20th centuries. There was also a really fun children's activity/game section in the lower lobby, and the kids had quite a bit of fun there. We ate a good lunch at the cafe. Entrance fee for children 12 and under is free, and $1 only up to age 17... which I thought was very reasonable.

Regina, Canada
“Enterntaining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

As a gamer, I thoroughly enjoyed there exhibit on video games, which for me brought back a lot of nostalgia as I saw and sampled different games from my childhood. I didn't read the info panels, but I don't think that was the point anyway.

The exhibit of Vodou art from Haiti was also very interesting. The exhibit itself was well designed and laid out, the information cards were enjoyable, and the art itself was very engaging and exciting.

The also had a Paris exhibit with an automated audiotrack, and some other stuff, but they were only enjoyable.