“Elegant, refined and romantic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac

You added Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac to your Saves list
Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Rue des Carrieres, Quebec City, Quebec G1R 4P5, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #19 of 104 Hotels in Quebec City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Elegant, refined and romantic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The hotel itself the attraction. The beautiful lobby is glorious. As you walk to the back you will see the 2 restaurants. The view from our room to the city is was perfect. There were a lot of snow during the 3 days we stayed. The experience ware fantastic. The hotel staff is great and friendly.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Markham, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Positives:
Great location.

Negatives:
Small room.
Everything cost extra: internet, parking, etc.
Entrance corridor can be extremely windy.
Heater was broken.

Bottom line:
I am happy to have stayed there once. But I will look for better value on my next trip to QC.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Daejeon, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed 6days in a Chateau Frontnac.
I had really excellent and wonderful stay.
The restaurants and bar was very nice, and every staffs were very kind.
This hotel is located in the center of the place to see, actually this hotel is landmark itself.
It was great experience to stay in the historic building.

Room Tip: lower floor rooms has nothing to see
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Shirley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We chose the Chateau Frontenac for our 25th wedding anniversary get away. It was great! Stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms and it was great. Awesome shower and the best room service we ever had! We went in December so I am sure this is why the rates were reasonable. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel is EVERYTHING you've ever seen or read about it! The ultimate in luxury, and service. However it is unrealistic for many travelers who wish to experience Quebec City. There are numerous small B&B's and hotels that are lovely, historic and intimate, and VERY much less expensive! Staying at the Frontenac with 1200 other people (not counting large staff) is kinda like a fancy cruise ship docked at this small wonderful historic city. If the cost of a plain small room was not so astronomical I would rate it higher. It's wonderful, but you pay dearly for this experience. A $25 hamburger, come on!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Amazing surrounding, great location, charming room, fabulous decor and professionnal staff!! This historical landmark is the perfect place to stay while visiting Quebec City. The view of the St Lawrence river is beautiful.

Room Tip: A room with a view
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Portage, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed here with my husband for two nights in October 2013. We had a room overlooking the city on a Gold floor. Even though the renovations were going on, we enjoyed our stay. This October I returned for four nights with my sister. Again, on the Gold Floors. The room was lovely. I paid the extra for a river view, and we were not disappointed.Breathtaking. Valet parking was chaos, but better than last year. The woman who checked us in on the fourteenth floor was kind and helpful. Overall, the stay was so nice that I hesitated to mention an issue I had. However, two months later, it still bothers me. When I stayed with my husband, the attitude of the lounge staff was so different. From the moment we arrived, they made it their business to know our (his!) name, and all were very solicitous. This year I was there for twice as long, and we felt invisible. Except for the original woman at the desk, no one ever recognized us. Every time we stopped in the lounge(several times a day) we were asked for our name and room number. One younger man (just the one) behind the desk was absolutely snotty to us, but generally I just felt invisible. I didn't appreciate it, and I would therefore not return in similar circumstances, nor would I recommend it to other women traveling alone. Old world service evidently comes with old world sexism.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Been to Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac

Address: 1 Rue des Carrieres, Quebec City, Quebec G1R 4P5, Canada
Location: Canada > Quebec > Quebec City
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#2 Luxury Hotel in Quebec City
#2 Spa Hotel in Quebec City
#3 Green Hotel in Quebec City
#8 Business Hotel in Quebec City
#18 Romantic Hotel in Quebec City
#19 Family Hotel in Quebec City
Hotel Class:4 star — Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac 4*
Standing high on a bluff overlooking the mighty St. Lawrence River, Fairmont Le Château Frontenac is not merely a hotel located in the heart of Old Québec - it is the heart of it. At Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, guests are guaranteed a memorable and inspiring stay in one of the most beautiful cities in the world with easy walking access to all of the wonderful sites and experiences that Old Québec has to offer. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Hotel Quebec City
Fairmont Hotel Quebec City
Fairmont Quebec City
Quebec City Fairmont
Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Quebec/Quebec City

If you own or manage Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.