“Iconic stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac

Save Saved
You added Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac to your Saves list
Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Rue des Carrieres, Quebec City, Quebec G1R 4P5, Canada   |
Ranked #22 of 104 Hotels in Quebec City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sussex
“Iconic stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed here to end a fantastic tour of Montreal and Quebec area. Went for the extra perks of the Fairmont Gold floor. The lounge on the 14th floor was fantastic with a lovely simple breakfast, teas, coffees and soft drinks throughout the day, and snacks in the evening. (unfortunately had to pay for alcoholic drinks). Amazing views over the river and town from there. Room was great with a large comfortable bed, but main bathroom space was very limited due to the huge (wonderful) shower. Unfortunately leisure club was being refurbished, but pool was nice with a lovely outdoor terrace. perfect location and facilities. As expected valet parking was expensive, especially as didn't need to use the car all stay.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel is a mixed bag. We spent 4 days here with friends. Here is our collective assessment which may or may not be of use to fellow travelers.

Pluses: The location cannot be beat-it represents the heart of the old city. The valets and housekeeping staff are friendly and attentive. The room was incredibly quiet and nicely appointed.

Minuses: The concierge is clueless. It took us 3 attempts to reserve a walking tour and after being told we would have telephone messages confirming (we did not) we ended up back at the desk and were handed another guest's reservation for something else. It wasted our time and that of the hardworking staff. The lobby does not offer free Wi-Fi. We travel a lot and have not previously experienced this inconvenience. Even mid-range hotel chains offer guests and visitors this convenience. Free Wi-Fi is available in guest rooms only if one joins the Fairmont's loyalty program. One friend tried it but it did not work; he was quickly signed up at the front desk. Finally, though this is a huge hotel with many rooms there is a tiny bar. We attempted 3 days in a row to meet up for a drink. No space, no one on staff taking names, etc. It is a beautiful bar, and we would have enjoyed having a drink in it

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is a beautiful hotel in a beautiful location. What can I say I'm Canadian and I'm brought up to be positive and not to complain. However my positive comments end there. I feel people considering this hotel need to know the truth....it has 3 star service. I ordered room service three times, each time the order taker repeated flawlessly what I wanted yet each time I did not receive what I ordered. I have presidents club status and waited needlessly while the lone front desk agent chatted on the phone to her colleague. I was served Gluten after specifically letting them know about my allergy in both official languages. I was served cold pea soup by a server with her thumb in my bowl, because this supposed "five star" establishment hasn't realized that a cup of soup requires a saucer...every guest was served their soup like this, so unsanitary. This is the first hotel I've stayed at without 24 hour room service, keep this I'm mind if you are from another time zone. You can't even get a bottle of wine let alone a burger after 11pm. 5 star, not a chance...

Room Tip: The rooms are lovely...which makes the deplorable service such a waste of a beautiful structure.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Ballston Spa, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My wife and i love staying at this hotel. The first time we stayed here we got into the gold club by accident because someone else was in our room when we went to check it out. They made it right instantly and upgraded us. The bed was way more comfortable then a standard Fairmont bed. The club level was really great with outstanding views of the city. And the service was exceptional. Can't wait to go back soon.

Room Tip: Getting a room in the gold club is worth it at this property as you get half of the 14th floor with...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Fresno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The Fairmont is outstanding in every area, and what a location. You can walk to everything in "old town", and the hotel staff will help with directing you to "can't miss things" in the area. I can't wait to come back.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac is nicely done, it’s beautiful without being over the top. It’s in a very nice location in old town. The rooms were a little small but very comfortable, clean and nicely designed. I stayed at Le Chateau Frontenac for a weekend for the QC Marathon. The price I paid was a runner rate and I must say it was the cheapest part of the trip. Not sure if it’s all of Quebec or just Old Town but everything is very pricey. However, we enjoyed our time there very much. The hotel has a very nice bar. I would stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Kirksville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Do not miss the opportunity to stay at t his great property. The location is ideal for visiting the immediate area and other areas of Quebec. I guess I will have to add more characters in order to meet the 200 minimum.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Been to Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac? Share your experiences!