“Another great stay at the Castle!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac

Save Saved
You added Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac to your Saves list
Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Rue des Carrieres, Quebec City, Quebec G1R 4P5, Canada   |
Ranked #22 of 104 Hotels in Quebec City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ballston Spa, New York
“Another great stay at the Castle!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife and i love staying at this hotel. The first time we stayed here we got into the gold club by accident because someone else was in our room when we went to check it out. They made it right instantly and upgraded us. The bed was way more comfortable then a standard Fairmont bed. The club level was really great with outstanding views of the city. And the service was exceptional. Can't wait to go back soon.

Room Tip: Getting a room in the gold club is worth it at this property as you get half of the 14th floor with...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fresno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Fairmont is outstanding in every area, and what a location. You can walk to everything in "old town", and the hotel staff will help with directing you to "can't miss things" in the area. I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac is nicely done, it’s beautiful without being over the top. It’s in a very nice location in old town. The rooms were a little small but very comfortable, clean and nicely designed. I stayed at Le Chateau Frontenac for a weekend for the QC Marathon. The price I paid was a runner rate and I must say it was the cheapest part of the trip. Not sure if it’s all of Quebec or just Old Town but everything is very pricey. However, we enjoyed our time there very much. The hotel has a very nice bar. I would stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Kirksville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Do not miss the opportunity to stay at t his great property. The location is ideal for visiting the immediate area and other areas of Quebec. I guess I will have to add more characters in order to meet the 200 minimum.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed in. Accommodations were great. Beautiful inside and out. Great location. Hotel staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. The breakfast buffet downstairs was out of this world. I am still thinking about the pancakes.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I didn't do my homework prior to traveling to Quebec because I had business meetings already arranged at Le Chateau Fontenac. I didn't even look at the pictures of the hotel. I had no idea how fortunate I was this was the selected site of our meetings. I can't imagine experiencing Quebec from a different location. Please look at the pictures of the hotel, and then realize they simply don't do it justice. The architecture is simply amazing. I understand they recently did an $85Million dollar renovation to the property. The staff was amazing & knowledgable. The food & restaurants were excellent. The location can not be beat. French is the primary language, but there was never an issue speaking English.
Prior to arrival, I did a very quick search on here to look for the best room selection. I read through a few reviews on this site which said the river views were the best to get. I ended up with a room with a river view. I was not overly impressed with my view from 3229 at all. It is one very small window, and I think I would rather have viewed city versus river, but I don't have anything to compare it to. The rooms are very small which is a reflection of the era. Make sure you are ready for that.

Room Tip: As noted above, I had a river view which wasn't an impressive view. The window is very small pr...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Every detail, from arrival to departure was perfect. The check in was seamless, valet had bags in our room before we arrived. Perfect temperature room, graceful service arrived promptly each time we requested anything (dry-cleaning, extra pillows, room service). No empty trays in the hallways of this beautiful hotel.

The concierge recommended perfect dinner choices and facilitated our arrival and departures to each venue.

We will absolutely stay here again

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for exactly what you want and you will receive it....
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Genevieve_Parent, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear J P,
What a delight to read your review. We are so thrilled you had such a wonderful stay. Thank you for taking time to share feedback and we look forward to your next visit.
Genevieve Parent
PR Director

Been to Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac? Share your experiences!