“The perfect place to stay in Quebec City” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac

Save Saved
You added Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac to your Saves list
Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Rue des Carrieres, Quebec City, Quebec G1R 4P5, Canada   |
Ranked #24 of 102 hotels in Quebec City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sterling, Virginia, United States
“The perfect place to stay in Quebec City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The hotel experience, surrounding and overall is simply great. I would say if visiting Quebec City stay here. The best hotel stay in our 8 days of eastern Canada trip.

Be careful when you check-in. The reception may assign you a wrong room. I would have given rating 5 for service and rooms, but did not because of a common experience in a uncommon hotel. The first room had a non-working AC -unit was throwing out hot air. The bellman got our luggage to room called the reception from our room and spoke in french to someone. After waiting for few minutes I called again to realize they are not aware of the problem. However immediately shifted us to a cooler room. Later I got a bill for the call the bellman had placed. Since I do not know french, not sure if that guy called his friend to say hello on my money.

Room Tip: Make sure not to get the rooms on top most floor directly under roof.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

446 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I recently ran an industry conference at Le Chateau Frontenac in August 2014. The property is as stunning as the photos. Many rooms are renovated to a modern European decor, or you may wish to have a larger suite that may not be renovated and still has some very old cool finishes...which ever you prefer, there are many, many styles of rooms and price points available, just ask.

Our conference co-coordinator M. Jean Prince did a wonderful job and we had no glitches despite using about 6-8 different venues in the hotel. The hotel food and coffee service were excellent. The buffet breakfast simply should not be missed. The chamber maid service, the front desk staff, the bellhops and the wait staff are all highly trained, friendly and there to make your stay comfortable...hats off!

The location is simply the best. You are at the immediate top of the old lower town and very close to Rue St. Jean / St. Louis as well. There is a Starbucks attached as well, too bad there is not a Tim Horton's or Second cup, more patriotic!

Grab a burger at Le Chic Shack just down the hill past the tour buses, simply delicious burgers and poutin. The lower town is simply amazing. There are many great restaurants, do not forget to walk west in the lower town for many chic, more nouveau spots...the pizza at Piazetta was incredible. Panache at Auberge St. Antoine was also a culinary treat and the Artifact Lounge tour is worth doing...the property sits on a site where the ancestors, lived, worked and fought hundreds of years ago and there are many amazing artifacts displayed throughout this amazing property. I also loved the Citadelle, one of the coolest (and largest) military forts you can still tour and it is an active base.

I highly recommend Le Chateau Frontenac for a romantic getaway or your next event...wedding guests we ran into frequently were also very happy.

A bientot!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The rooms were very spacious and beautifully redecorated. The only complaint I have is that I was facing the interior courtyard where there are deliveries happening and around 4am for about an hour their was a delivery that woke me up and kept me awake. My kids loved the indoor pool and right outside the hotel is a square where street performers do their stuff and was hard to pull the kids away. Next time I would request a room that does not face the interior courtyard. We also got free parking as we had a hybrid. Great location!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

After a very long drive from Halifax, we decided to call ahead to the Chateau Frontenac and book a room. The call was smooth and the fellow confirmed a lovely room with breakfast included and a $25 credit that we would be able to apply to our parking. Upon arrival we were upgraded to the Presidential Suite which was a lovely treat. In the morning I checked the bill and we had been billed for two items from the minibar. Hmm, i had opened the mini bar in the evening and held up a can of cranberry juice and a bottle of Pellegrino to show my boyfriend two of the options available, i replaced them afterwards. I guess its a new automated system, but it was a tad irritating to have to call down to have the charge rectified, perhaps a message on the outside of the minibar to inform the guests not to move items would be a good idea. At any rate, when we went down to Breakfast we were told that breakfast wasn't included with our room, so off I went to the front desk where I was told that it was included... So back we went to breakfast which was very good and then we went to check out. At this point I was told that I had been misinformed and the credit could only be applied to food andNOT the parking... Gee, now I'm getting irritated and when i asked for a new copy of my bill, there is the charge for breakfast on it.
All the staff were very pleasant and polite which was very much appreciated, but it would seem that the right hand doesn't seem to know what the left hand is doing here. So I spent a fair amount of time standing in the Fairmont Presidents club line trying to clarify and rectify issues that should have been very straight forward. I left feeling stressed and irritated. Great room, good service, not so great on customer satisfaction.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Palos Verdes Estates, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Right in the middle of everything. Our room overlooked the Park and at night the lights ere fantastic. The breakfast each morning was more than adequate. The concierge staff were most helpful arranging tours and suggesting restaurants for evening meals.

Room Tip: Careful choosing rooms as there is quite an extensive renovation going on and some rooms will have n...
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I don't think I can say anything bad about our 4 night stay at the Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac. We felt welcome immediately at our check-in at the front desk and were able to check our suitcases until our room was ready later in the day. The location of the hotel is spectacular, within walking distance of everything you would like to visit in Quebec City. The concierge staff was extremely helpful with directions and recommendations for places to visit and restaurants to try. Whether a request was made at the front desk or by telephone, the response was nothing short but of course and the requested item or service arrived quickly. With the Fairmont loyalty program we had free wifi which is always a plus.

Room Tip: Request a good view.
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We spent a four-night short vacation at the Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac in late August/early September and loved every minute. The deluxe room was well appointed and quite spacious: it had a separate little sitting area, as well as a good amount of room around the desk and bed. Housekeeping was awesome. The concierge desk was also helpful. I'd been a bit worried that I'd cheaped out with the 'no view' option, but it looked down on the courtyard and was picturesque.

We also ate in Le Sam Bistro and had a drink in the 1608 Wine Bar - both great experiences. The Wine Bar was a surprisingly good value.

As others have mentioned, while nominally you have to pay for WiFi, as with all other Fairmont properties if you're part of the President's Club (whether you have status with them or not) then you have complimentary WiFi. FWIW, you just had to sign in once with a mobile device with your last name and room and then you were good to go for the whole stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac? Share your experiences!