I've been wrestling with describing our visit and stay at the Frontenac--the superlatives I could use seem over the top, trite, and overused, but yet entirely appropriate. The place is simply fabulous. During their recent renovations they've managed to restore the old world glamour with very appealing freshness. Woods were deeply polished, white trim sparkled, the walls painted a soft french blue/grey, the furniture in the rooms very, very comfortable--they pulled off one of the most spectacular renovations without gutting the historic personality of the structure.
About the rooms--again perfect. We are a family of 4 with two teens and were able to reserve a two room suite with 2 queens and pull out couch--perfect. The bathroom was a bit tight, but that's how bathrooms were made when this hotel was built. The bathroom was beautiful in marble, white, and chrome. Suites overlook the city, not the seaway view we had hoped. Instead our view was the Laurentian mountains crowning the city--equally lovely. It would have been nicer if the window was larger, but again, that's how the hotel was built a the turn of the century. The view from the other room was a wall and turret, but that didn't phase us.
Housekeeping was excellent, the rooms quiet, and beds comfortable.
Would highly recommend. Pricing was actually reasonable compared to the size of the room and our other options in old Quebec since we were traveling as a family. Other good quality hotels in the Old City only allow 2 per room, so we would have had two reserved 2 rooms per each night.
Will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing high on a bluff overlooking the mighty St. Lawrence River, Fairmont Le Château Frontenac is not merely a hotel located in the heart of Old Québec - it is the heart of it. At Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, guests are guaranteed a memorable and inspiring stay in one of the most beautiful cities in the world with easy walking access to all of the wonderful sites and experiences that Old Québec has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jetsetter, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Hotel Quebec City
- Fairmont Hotel Quebec City
- Fairmont Quebec City
- Quebec City Fairmont
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Quebec/Quebec City