Stayed here in February, after Winter Carnival for one night on our way to La Malbaie. The City was quiet and the hotel was not crowded.
I've stayed at the Chateau several times over the years, and this was the best yet. It went through a bit of a shabby period, but that is obviously in the past. We had a river-view room with a gorgeous view. Our room was dormered with sloping ceilings, which might have bothered some, but we found it charming. We were traveling with 3 kids, and so the arrangement of 2 queen beds in one room and a sofa bed in the other worked out well. Bathroom was small but well-appointed. Beds comfortable, and the room was spacious. If you go, especially with children, don't skip the indoor pool on the 6th floor. It has a nice view of the city, a large hot tub, and a separate small childrens' pool. The locker rooms have steam rooms (great after a cold day of wandering around the City) and showers with shampoo, conditioner and everything else you need.
We used the valet parking at the hotel, which was reasonably priced ($20/night). We called for the car when we checked out, and planned to kill a few minutes in the gift shop, but the car was waiting.
Service was great all around. Friendly front-desk staff, house keeping came for turn-down service and even pulled out the sofa bed. She noticed we had 3 kids, and left extra cookies for them.
I know Quebec City quite well, and while there are a lot of other excellent hotels to choose from, there is something about staying at the iconic Chateau that is extra special. When my husband and I go back alone, we will probably look for a more boutique experience, but with kids, the Chateau is ideal, and having the pool is lots of fun.
It is walking distance to restaurants, shopping, art galleries and beautiful views. We were lucky and it was a balmy 30 degrees (F), and we spent a morning walking the boardwalk from the hotel to the Plains of Abraham and back through the walls.
In the past, I've done the historic hotel tour and recommend it.
This stay exceeded my expectations, and the kids felt like royalty. I highly recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Hotel Quebec City
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Hotel
- Chateau Frontenac
- Fairmont Hotel Quebec City
- Fairmont Quebec City
- Chateau Frontenac Quebec City
- Quebec City Fairmont
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Quebec/Quebec City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing high on a bluff overlooking the mighty St. Lawrence River, Fairmont Le Château Frontenac is not merely a hotel located in the heart of Old Québec - it is the heart of it. At Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, guests are guaranteed a memorable and inspiring stay in one of the most beautiful cities in the world with easy walking access to all of the wonderful sites and experiences that Old Québec has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Jetsetter, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Amex, Otel, TripOnline SA, Venere, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.