If I could have given 3.5/5 I would have. This property, with all it's history is worth a stay just for that reason alone.
The rooms are nice & clean. Bed was very comfortable. The bathrooms show the oldness of the building ; they are tiny and you have essentially no room to place your toiletries. Its all OK, but nothing overly spectacular or anything to justify the somewhat expensive price tag of a stay here.
Parking was a ridiculous 32$/night. I would expect that in Manhattan, but not Quebec City. There is not much public & overnight parking in the area so I guess they are taking advantage of that.
All-in-all, this property is nice and I am glad I stayed here. There is nothing "wrong" with the Chateau Frontenac ; perhaps my expectations were set a bit high?
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Hotel
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Hotel Quebec City
- Chateau Frontenac
- Fairmont Hotel Quebec City
- Fairmont Quebec City
- Chateau Frontenac Quebec City
- Quebec City Fairmont
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Quebec/Quebec City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing high on a bluff overlooking the mighty St. Lawrence River, Fairmont Le Château Frontenac is not merely a hotel located in the heart of Old Québec - it is the heart of it. At Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, guests are guaranteed a memorable and inspiring stay in one of the most beautiful cities in the world with easy walking access to all of the wonderful sites and experiences that Old Québec has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Venere, Fairmont Hotels, Amex, Olotels, Otel, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.