When going to Quebec, this is the place to stay at! Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac was a beautiful experience. I booked a four night visit with my fiancee back in July (Quebec Art Festivals month) through American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts. We stayed on the 14th floor: The Gold Floor. It is the package to choose when staying in this hotel. Not only do you have a private concierge desk, and lounge service, but complimentary breakfast and so on. Though these perks are included with the Amex package, having some extra add ons is a plus.
The staff is simply amazing. David, at the front desk of the Gold floor is simply a great guy. Not only is he polite and professional, but there is a warmth to him that just makes for a welcoming environment. There was an issue with our Amex reservation during our stay, and he took care of it within hrs, without us having to have to contact Amex. He was very helpful with our reservations as well as with all our questions. He was also very honest about places to visit.
The female staff on this floor is also amazing, and helpful! Even the service staff is friendly! My fiancee misplaced his Invisaligns, and the girls from the kitchen helped him to find it through a bunch of rubbish! It was a funny and silly experience, and though we were so embarrassed of these girl having to help 2 guys to look through rubbish for $5000 braces, they made the whole experience fun! Hahaha.
Though this hotel does not have the same amount of luxury as the Plaza Hotel in NYC (part of the same chain of hotels), their service is simply outstanding in comparison with The Plaza.
The rooms are comfortable and beautifully decorated on the gold floor. In our way to the Spa, and pool, we did see some rooms in need of renovation while housekeeping had the doors opened to clean them. The staff at the pool was also great and friendly. I loved the sundeck, and the gym facilities. The locker rooms are very clean. The lobby, though beautiful, is in desperate need of renovation. We loved the shops and restaurants. I have to say that here, at Le Champlain Restaurant, we ate the best dessert I have ever had in all my travels! Le St-Laurent Bar & Lounge was also the place to go for a drink, and some quiet time, before heading out to Quebec's nightlife.
Quebec is an amazing city! And I cannot wait to go back! Frontenac is my top choice to stay at when going back! It was an experience I dreamed of since childhood. And if you want the full experience of it, and to really enjoy its beauty in privacy and comfort, without dealing with other tourists like yourself, the GOLD FLOOR is the package to book!
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Hotel
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Hotel Quebec City
- Chateau Frontenac
- Fairmont Hotel Quebec City
- Fairmont Quebec City
- Chateau Frontenac Quebec City
- Quebec City Fairmont
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Quebec/Quebec City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing high on a bluff overlooking the mighty St. Lawrence River, Fairmont Le Château Frontenac is not merely a hotel located in the heart of Old Québec - it is the heart of it. At Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, guests are guaranteed a memorable and inspiring stay in one of the most beautiful cities in the world with easy walking access to all of the wonderful sites and experiences that Old Québec has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.