We stayed for three nights after staying in Montreal for three nights. The Chateau Fleur de Lys was a fantastic place to stay and one I can't recommend enough. It is just off the main square behind the Chateau Frontenac and easily within walking distance of Upper Town, Lower Town, and the Plains of Abraham/Citadel. Yet being just a block or two off really keeps it quiet and makes it seem like you're staying in some small, French hamlet in the countryside.
The rooms were not large but if you're in a city like this you're not spending much time in your room anyway. It had more than enough space for two people to get ready in the morning and not trip over one another. Our room even had a small terrace in the back we could use if we wanted.
The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The girl woman who worked the nights (I am awful with names and have unfortunately forgotten hers) was exceedingly helpful. She even passed us on the street one night by coincidence and helped us find a restaurant to get a late dinner.
Free (and fast) WiFi.
Great breakfast in a very nice living room.
Everything about the hotel exceeded my expectations and when we visit QC again in the future there is no doubt in my mind that we will be staying at the Chateau Fleur de Lys.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the very heart of the Old Quebec city, at the corner of the Governors' garden, facing the Chateau of Frontenac, the Dufferin Terrace and the Saint Lawrence river, the Chateau Fleur de Lys - L'HOTEL is a Victorian style house from the 19th century. Recently purchased in 2014, the hotel is evolving everyday to offer better comfort to its guests: all rooms have now an all new set of bed linen (4 star hotel standard sheets, quilt and quilt covers) and bathroom towels of high quality, free WIFI, hairdryer, and a up-to-date fire safety system. By summer, all rooms will be equipped with flat screens with cable television (over 40 channels). Thanks to its great location, you can access the most popular attractions by foot in just a few minutes : Quebec Parliament, Quebec Convention Center, Plains of Abraham, the Citadelle. If you are looking for theatrical entertainment, the Capitol Theater and Quebec's Grand Theater are also within walking distance. The hotel is dedicated to travels and guests seeking a key position to visit the city for business or pleasure with the quaintness of a garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Fastbooking so you can book your Chateau Fleur de Lys - L'HOTEL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Au Chateau Fleur De Lys Hotel Quebec City
- Chateau Fleur De Lys - L'HOTEL Quebec/Quebec City