“Very Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 97 hotels in Quebec City
Geneva, Switzerland
“Very Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed 3 days in this Hotel to visit Quebec City. The location is good, the service at the front desk is good also. The rooms are clean and modern.

I read alot of comments talking about the noise heard in the rooms above the petrol station, we didn't hear anything so it seems that the Hotel took into consideration the complaints to do something.

We visited the city by foot but didn't try the restaurant at the Hotel. i would recommend eating something around to old Quebec, the view is astonishing!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

322 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Orange, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My rating of the hotel is really a 4.5. I did not clearly read the description of the room. My friend and I like privacy when we travel and always book a suite with a separate bedroom. I reserved the second highest category of room and received a nicely located room that shared a sofa bed and a queen, but we did not have an individual bedroom. I deducted a .5 because our a/c made odd noises and they could not fix it. Fortunately, we did not need the a/c at night. Despite the bustle of the main street and the restaurant, we were not disturbed by noise at night. Reviews are correct in stating that asking for a third floor room away from the gas station will put you in the best location. I agree with reviews about location of the hotel. At first, I thought we should have booked in the upper town. However, staying in the lower part was actually more convenient for us. An overall note about old Quebec City: while it is a gorgeous, lovely location it is difficult to find a convenience store, grocery, pharmacy, etc. Fortunately, the gas station behind the hotel has a convenience store. We walked for 40 minutes to the nearest full sized grocery store. So, come prepared. We had a wonderful time in Quebec City.....enjoy!

Room Tip: third floor away from gas station
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

and if the staff @ "Le Pub" is any indication of what to expect from the hotel, we won't stay!

We were in Quebec for the day, we went to the hotel's pub for a quick bite. When we asked for a menu, the waiter - average height, build and bald, threw the menu at us and spat "we dont have food! jus hat dag".

Wow, that was rude and we promptly left. It's too bad, the hotel was in a nice location and APPEARED pleasant.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

If you are looking for an alternative to the main stay Chateau Frontenac, with its history and charm, this is it. Fabulous original stone and brick are complemented by modern accoutrements and outstanding service, in a "steps to everything" location in the old port. parking was taken care of upon arrival and the rest of the stay was a journey of discovery and wonderful food - all within 20 minutes walk of the hotel. Reasonably priced and easy to access, I have no hesitation recommending this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel because of location, price and reviews. We were hesitant at first only because you are never sure what to expect and we feel confident staying in large chains rather than smaller unknown hotels. This was a first and I promise if when we go back to Quebec City....WE WILL be staying here! The room was gorgeous. The view was amazing. Location couldn't have been more perfect. And the continental breakfast was not just your typical muffins and bagels. It was a full breakfast. A full menu and tons of food. All around an amazing experience. ( ask for the corner room on the second floor facing the street....beautiful!

• Stayed March 2013
Newmarket, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I recently visited Quebec city for the first time with my husband. First, I want to say I had no idea how pretty Old Quebec is. I really liked this hotel. I feel staying within the old city walls is imperative. It is so nice to be within walking distance to all the shops and cafes. This hotel is well located, easy access to everything.

I thought the room was charming with a contemporary feel. Bring along a few groceries if you like as the kitchenette was fully stocked with all the dishes and utensils you will need. The bathroom was great, if I must complain about something it was the toiletries the hotel provided, I suggest you bring your own hair conditioner.

We both found the staff very friendly and helpful, they all spoke very good english! I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Le Port -Royal hmmmm...... Booked a suite for my family (3 nights) which consists of two young adults. On arrival we were given a suite which was in dire need of repairs, cracked walls, chunks of plaster chipped off everywhere, a dirty lamp shade and a sofa bed not fit for anyone to sleep, the mattress was about 2 inches deep and squeaked loudly at the least movement. The mattress on the double bed shared with my daughter was very uncomfortable. I complained to the desk clerk a lovely young woman named Roxanne. She was kind enough to come to the room and viewed my complaints personally. She promised she would change our room in the morning and she held fast to her promise. We were relocated to a different room which was the room I thought I had originally booked. ( from Photos) This room was lovely initially BUT... you can see things were put together shabbily. I believe this hotel is under renovation so buyer beware. Make certain if you decide to stay to contact the front desk and request a renovated room. Also, this hotel has no breakfast bar and you did not have access to coffee or tea, a coffee machine was not visible in the lobby. The rates are high and quite honestly not worth it. On the up side, the staff is great, helpful and polite and the hotel is located in a great location. The room comes equipped with kitchen essentials so you can eat in if you like and we did one night when it rained heavily. Subway was around the block and convenient especially in a heavy downpour. For breakfast we found a lovely little restaurant up the block which had a very good breakfast menu and homemade bread and jam. The food was excellent. You will have to pay a parking fee if you decide to stay on premise but its worth it because you can walk to many attractions and cafes. Overall, what originally began as a nightmare turned into a pleasant stay but my next visit to Quebec I will look into other hotels .

Room Tip: While in Quebec I needed an appointment with a hair dresser. The front desk made an appointment for...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Le Port-Royal? Share your experiences!