This hotel was great - had what we needed. We thoroughly enjoyed our time in Quebec City. We were a family of four, mom, dad, two children aged 7 and 4. My only recommendations to others would be to ask for a room AWAY from the service station and ask for a corner room. The other reviews I read on trip advisor were spot-on. The gas station nearby is the closest place for bread, milk, butter, etc. The location was good. The housekeeping could have been better - when we moved furniture we found some dustbunnies etc that indicated the furniture had not been moved in a while. The staff could have been friendlier - for example, we wanted to book a cab to go to the Hotel de Glace (Ice Hotel) and the front desk attendant said it was an hour away and was dismissive with us. In fact, it was a 10 minute cab ride away at the site of the former Quebec City zoo. I don't want to turn you away from this hotel, however your experience would be better if you heed the advice :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern Old Quebec hotel is a 5-minute walk from the Notre Dame de Quebec Cathedral and 2 blocks from the Museum of Civilization. It features on-site dining.A full kitchen with oven, stovetop, and refrigerator is part of each suite at Hotel Port-Royal. The living area is furnished with a sofa and cable TV. Free Wi-Fi is provided.In the morning, guests can have breakfast delivered to their room. The contemporary XO Lounge boasts stone walls and plenty of seating.The Citadelle of Quebec is within a 15-minute walk of the Port-Royal Hotel. The shore of the Saint Lawrence River is only 1 block away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Le Port-Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Port-Royal Quebec City
- Le Port-Royal Quebec/Quebec City