My partner and I promised each other that we would write a review on this hotel because everything was great in every way. But what was the best thing, was the location. It's so close to everything - the port, restaurants, les pleines d'Abraham, le château Frontenac, shopping, etc. Plus, it's right next to a gaz station! Not to mention that it's SUPER easy to get to the hotel from the highway - you don't have to go through all the little narrow confusing streets like in upper old Québec city.
With that being said, the hotel is located in the lower part of old Québec city and to be honest, I liked it better than being in the upper part (I stayed in the upper part a few times before). It's better because it's quietter. Also, when you visit old Québec, you'll find that there's A LOT of walking and A LOT of stairs. When you stay in the lower part, after you had all your fun and when it's later in the day, it's easier to go down the stairs rather than up!
The hotel itself is awesome! It's cute, comfy, the staff is nice and helpful, the decor is modern, no weird smells, it's very clean and well maintained. The room we stayed in looked like a condo/bachelor. There was lots of room, a kitchenette, a dining area, a couch and of course, a queen size bed (really comfy).
The only down part was that the people that were staying in the room above us had children. We could hear them running around at 6 AM... So the room ceilings and floors arent very sound proof!
The price is right for Québec city! I don't think you'll find something better for that amount of mula.
If we go back to Québec city, we will definately stay there again. But, this time, we'll make sure to be on the top floor!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern Old Quebec hotel is a 5-minute walk from the Notre Dame de Quebec Cathedral and 2 blocks from the Museum of Civilization. It features on-site dining.A full kitchen with oven, stovetop, and refrigerator is part of each suite at Hotel Port-Royal. The living area is furnished with a sofa and cable TV. Free Wi-Fi is provided.In the morning, guests can have breakfast delivered to their room. The contemporary XO Lounge boasts stone walls and plenty of seating.The Citadelle of Quebec is within a 15-minute walk of the Port-Royal Hotel. The shore of the Saint Lawrence River is only 1 block away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Le Port-Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Port-Royal Quebec City
- Le Port-Royal Quebec/Quebec City