“Good Holiday Inn, clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy)

You added Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3145 Avenues Des Hotels, Quebec City, Quebec G1W 3Z7, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE between 10-30%!
Ranked #24 of 104 Hotels in Quebec City
Toronto, Canada
“Good Holiday Inn, clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2009

I stayed in this hotel, and it is really nice, except for a weird situation in which I returned to my room and found my room door open and all my drawers open in my room. I complained to front desk and got $20 off my room stay. This has never happened to me before, so I'm not sure if it was room service or some kind of robbery... Luckily I took my laptop with me for the day.

Clean hotel, right in Ste-foy hotel district, beside the bridge to the south shore... I wish it was slightly cheaper, $114 per night is a bit much in the winter, I would suggest $90, for what you get. There is another hotel in town that I like better, that gives me rooms for $85, plus the free breakfast deal too.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
HIEXPRESSQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this review, March 24, 2009
Good day from Quebec!

For the situation you have mention above, the procedure is to let the door open for vacant rooms only. It probably was a beginner mistake. Be sure that situation as been corrected and wont ever happen again. Thank you for your comments!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2009

buisness or leisure trip. It's very clean, beds are very comfy, breakfast is included , from 6h to 10h30 and from my point of view (i travelled a lot so i've seen one and another one before) it's more of a brunch then what we can call a breackfast and it's very good , even the coffee is perfect!
Location is perfect, close to the highway, but not sitting on it, so no noise when you go to bed. The hotel it self was renovated not too long ago , so hadrdwood floor in the rooms, asian , modern but still not shoking look, it's very nice place to stay, feels like home , but with a little kick of luxury , you will have to sit in the lobby next to the 3 faces fireplace, amazing!
Thanks Again,
The Boutin,Family

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
HIEXPRESSQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this review, March 7, 2009
Thank you for your nice comments! We always appreciate our guests view! Check out our up coming promotions!
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2009

Just stayed two nights at this new Holiday Inn Express. Great for business travelers, and you definitely need a car. Conveniently located near a major highway in Quebec city, giving you direct access to the whole city.

My room had a king bed, a very simple desk, and a new LG LCD flat screen tv. The bathroom was very modern and practical. The only thing I didn't like, was the "fake" hardwood floors. I still prefer the industrial carpeting in my hotel rooms.

During my stay, Quebec city got hit by a big snow storm. I woke up early to clear my car, and to my surprise, someone had cleared the snow all around my car, giving me easy access to my car. What a pleasant surprise !

Nice, clean, modern, and very reasonably priced.

• Liked — Location and very clean.
  • Disliked — "Fake" hardwood floors.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
HIEXPRESSQC, Front desk at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this review, March 24, 2009
Thank you for the positive review, we are sorry the new floor was not to your taste, however it is a choice we have made to reduce allergies in our rooms.
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2008

This property has only been a Holiday Inn since this spring, but the renovations they made were extensive. You could not tell it from a brand new building once you got inside. Most striking were the hardwood floors and wooden baseboards in the guest rooms (that's a first for me, anyway). The bathroom had modern tiles, a granite counter, and halogen pot lights.

As this is a Holiday Inn Express location, there is not a restaurant onsite, but they serve the typical breakfast with a choice of numerous hot and cold items.

Front desk staff were friendly and everyone spoke English, in case you were wondering.

The outdoor parking might be a bit of an obstacle in the winter. During my stay we got a heavy snowfall and numerous cars were stuck. I even helped push somebody out. Part of the Quebec City winter experience I guess!

Highway access was easy in either direction, and a major mall complex is only a 10 minute walk away.

I'd be pleased to recommend this property to anyone.

• Liked — Brand new renovation
  • Disliked — Outdoor parking in winter... but it's a minor point
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for your great review, we are very happy you enjoyed your stay.
sydney australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2008

very reasonably priced, including hot and cold breakfast and tea and coffee 24hrs. walking distance to restaurants nearby. 15 minute bus ride from centre of old quebec city. bus stop at door and $2 all day travel. very clean, quiet and would certainly recommend if staying in quebec city. front desk staff very helpful with organising tours etc, information on where to eat locally.

• Liked — affordable and location to the city with easy access to city
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for your review, we hope you will visit us again soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy)? Share your experiences!