“Not impressed with there heating” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy)

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3145 Avenues Des Hotels, Quebec City, Quebec G1W 3Z7, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #20 of 97 hotels in Quebec City
Ottawa, Canada
“Not impressed with there heating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My co- worker and I stayed here the week of 19-25 -Jan. It was very cold out -25 all week.The Hotel rooms have a thermostate with no room temp reading only a setting. Every day we would need to set the temp to max (25c).Monday to Wed it was very cold in the room. In the breakfast nook it was cold. Some people were wearing coats. I think the hotel can control the heating because after to many complaints Thursday night was comfortable in the room and the outside temp was still the same. I don't think I will recommend this hotel to my co-workers. There are other hotels near bye.
The room floors are hardwood and I don't think that they get a good enough cleaning. Walking in bare feet, you would need to wipe them before putting socks on. They had a mat near the door which I used to take my shoes off not to bring dirt on the floor. The dirt was already there.
Not impressed with this holiday Inn.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HIExpressQuebec, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Good morning,

First off, I would like to apologize for the poor experience you have had during your stay.
This is not the kind of standards we usually offer. However, we appreciate you took the time to write a comment. It's important to us as we use it to improve ourselves.

For future reference, you can ask the front desk to set your temperature at a higher level.
Unfortunately, we experienced a serious cold wave during your stay which impaired the efficiency of our heating system.
As for the cleanliness of the room, the concerned employees have been advised. It is our pride to offer pristine rooms to our guests and we usually have very good comments on that matter.

In the hope we can improve your opinion for future stays.

Have a great day!

308 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks in January 2013. The hotel was terrific, clean, modern, comfortable. The reception staff were some of the best I have encountered, particularly Audrey and Janie who were usually on when we were there. They were so helpful and friendly. I really enjoyed my stay. My only suggestion would be that it would be nice to have some healthier options at breakfast eg things like museli, apples etc. There is a supermarket 5 mins walk away and also some nice reasonably priced restaurants. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HIExpressQuebec, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this review, February 4, 2013
We would like to thank you for your great review. I will let Audrey and Janie in on your complements :) As of breakfast we have a standard to follow but I will let management know, and try to add a few healthier choices. Thanks for taking the time and hope to see you again.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had double room. Bad are very comfortable to sleep. Front desk very nice and helpful. We spent a New Year Eve in the hotel, actually by the fireplace at the entrance, very modern design. They clean our room very well, the supervisor was checking the job of a cleaners. It is far from downtown of the Quebec city, but it is so close to huge shopping Mall, The Bay, Simons. Also the were a few restaurant not far, walking distance. We went for dinner to Batten Rouge for grate ribs. I would recommend. Look at my photos, please.

Room Tip: choose 2 or 3 floor, not a 1(almost bacement)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review. Hope you have a Great New Year.
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed here with my family on New Year's Eve while returning from the Maritimes. The location is easily accessible from Highway 20. Check-in was smooth. The room was well-appointed - seemed a little nicer than the usual Holiday Inn Express decor. Front desk staff were helpful in finding us a family-suitable restaurant. We did not hear a peep during the night which was surprising but welcome.

Breakfast was the usual HIE breakfast although they had bacon which not many HIEs provide. Too bad the cinammon buns were overdone and dried out, maybe they had been sitting too long since it was New Year's Day? And the tips jar in the breakfast area is tacky.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HIExpressQuebec, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this review, January 17, 2013
We would like to thank you for the time you took to leave us a great review. Glad your stay was comfortable. I will mention about the tip jar and make a little improvement there thanks for your opinion. Hope to have you stay with us again in the future. :)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

After several hours I spent to read some hotels reviews, I decided to forget about staying in Old Quebec City hotels as I did in my last trip to Quebec city, and instead, to stay in a hotel a little away, but with on property parking, breakfast, and WI-FI, all included in very reasonable price for that category hotel.
We arrived late in a snowing night, and by wide smiles and welcomes we started our Journey.
Very well and nice decorated and renovated clean hotel entrance, breakfast dining room, rooms, washrooms, beds, etc.. every thing in the hotel was very good.
Highways are very close if you are planing to leave for skiing.
Shopping Malls are five minutes driving from the hotel, and Old Quebec City is just 15 minutes away.
Many of good restaurants are by walking distance from the hotel if you decide to dine out of the Old City.
With the same smile from the bilingual professional front desk staff we checkout, and I have to say I recommend the hotel and I will stay there next visit to Quebec.ofcourse

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HIExpressQuebec, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this review, January 2, 2013

On our ongoing effort to improve our service, it is very important for us to know what our guests think of the hotel and our employees. We do our best to make you feel at home and it is very satisfactory to know your appreciation.

Looking forward to welcome you again!
Kennebunks, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

If you are visiting Quebec, this is a MUST STAY AT HOTEL!!! It's not often I feel this way about hotels but I must say the Canadian's at this hotel know how to please American's!! I say that with honest and open arms and wish I could be more like them. I wanted to have the front staff be my travel guide. They were so incrediby helpful and I think we could learn a lot from their professionalism. They spoke great English and even though I knew no French I still felt welcomed. The rooms were flawless and clean. I will always remember this location's AWESOME hospitality and its closeness to the Aquarium. For our first visit to Canada, this made an everlasting impression!!! When we return, this is where we will stay!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: I always choose a room on the 2nd floor or above unless you need first floor access. I don't th...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
This feedback is a great way for us to constantly improve our offer.
We look forward to welcome you again.
If you never came to Quebec during summer, it's a totally different experience.
Definately something to try!

Have a great day.
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Everything about this hotel was great! The bed, the floor, the bathroom, the internet and the location! We didn't hear a single noise from outside or above! Breakfast was outstanding! I would highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HIExpressQuebec, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you very much for the great review. Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you come again.
Happy Holidays !!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy)? Share your experiences!