“Quiet New Year's Eve stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy)

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3145 Avenues Des Hotels, Quebec City, Quebec G1W 3Z7, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE between 10-30%!
Ranked #26 of 102 hotels in Quebec City
Oakville, Canada
“Quiet New Year's Eve stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed here with my family on New Year's Eve while returning from the Maritimes. The location is easily accessible from Highway 20. Check-in was smooth. The room was well-appointed - seemed a little nicer than the usual Holiday Inn Express decor. Front desk staff were helpful in finding us a family-suitable restaurant. We did not hear a peep during the night which was surprising but welcome.

Breakfast was the usual HIE breakfast although they had bacon which not many HIEs provide. Too bad the cinammon buns were overdone and dried out, maybe they had been sitting too long since it was New Year's Day? And the tips jar in the breakfast area is tacky.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HIExpressQuebec, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this review, January 17, 2013
We would like to thank you for the time you took to leave us a great review. Glad your stay was comfortable. I will mention about the tip jar and make a little improvement there thanks for your opinion. Hope to have you stay with us again in the future. :)

333 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

After several hours I spent to read some hotels reviews, I decided to forget about staying in Old Quebec City hotels as I did in my last trip to Quebec city, and instead, to stay in a hotel a little away, but with on property parking, breakfast, and WI-FI, all included in very reasonable price for that category hotel.
We arrived late in a snowing night, and by wide smiles and welcomes we started our Journey.
Very well and nice decorated and renovated clean hotel entrance, breakfast dining room, rooms, washrooms, beds, etc.. every thing in the hotel was very good.
Highways are very close if you are planing to leave for skiing.
Shopping Malls are five minutes driving from the hotel, and Old Quebec City is just 15 minutes away.
Many of good restaurants are by walking distance from the hotel if you decide to dine out of the Old City.
With the same smile from the bilingual professional front desk staff we checkout, and I have to say I recommend the hotel and I will stay there next visit to Quebec.ofcourse

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HIExpressQuebec, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this review, January 2, 2013

On our ongoing effort to improve our service, it is very important for us to know what our guests think of the hotel and our employees. We do our best to make you feel at home and it is very satisfactory to know your appreciation.

Looking forward to welcome you again!
Kennebunks, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

If you are visiting Quebec, this is a MUST STAY AT HOTEL!!! It's not often I feel this way about hotels but I must say the Canadian's at this hotel know how to please American's!! I say that with honest and open arms and wish I could be more like them. I wanted to have the front staff be my travel guide. They were so incrediby helpful and I think we could learn a lot from their professionalism. They spoke great English and even though I knew no French I still felt welcomed. The rooms were flawless and clean. I will always remember this location's AWESOME hospitality and its closeness to the Aquarium. For our first visit to Canada, this made an everlasting impression!!! When we return, this is where we will stay!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: I always choose a room on the 2nd floor or above unless you need first floor access. I don't th...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
This feedback is a great way for us to constantly improve our offer.
We look forward to welcome you again.
If you never came to Quebec during summer, it's a totally different experience.
Definately something to try!

Have a great day.
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Everything about this hotel was great! The bed, the floor, the bathroom, the internet and the location! We didn't hear a single noise from outside or above! Breakfast was outstanding! I would highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HIExpressQuebec, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you very much for the great review. Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you come again.
Happy Holidays !!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed 1 night at the Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Stainte-Foy). I have to say that this was one of the nicest and modern looking Holiday Inn Express I have stay in. The entire hotel feels very clean. The check in was good. The bed, the bathroom, the internet, the breakfast everything was great.

Room Tip: I stayed 1 night at the Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Stainte-Foy). I have to say that this was...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HIExpressQuebec, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments. We are happy to see that your stay was enjoyable and we hope to see you again in the near future. :)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We are here on a vacation trip and staying here is great. It is close to everything in Quebec and most importantly very clean and modern room with friendly staff. Very personal here, our rooms cannot hear outside.

• Stayed October 2012
HIExpressQuebec, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy), responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review !! We appreciate it.
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

If all HiE hotels were like this I would never stay anywhere else. The entire experience was excellent. The worst part about the night was navigating the construction on the highways to get there. Thank goodness for GPS! Combined with my late night dinner at Mezzo down the street I will be sure to visit Quebec City again as soon as I can manage.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thanks alot for the great review!! Hope to see you again soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Quebec City (Sainte-Foy)? Share your experiences!