“oh my, just incredible” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Toast! Restaurant

Toast! Restaurant
17, Sault-au-Matelot, Quebec City, Quebec G1K 3Y7, Canada (Downtown Quebec City)
418-692-1334
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Ballinafad, Ontario
“oh my, just incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

The service, the presentation, the textures and tastes were incredible. The staff aim to please! The food was incredible

Visited January 2014
resto_toast, Responsable relations clients at Toast! Restaurant, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Merci beaucoup pour vos beaux commentaires. Thank you very much for you very nice review. We appreciate that a lot. Best regard.

Tampa, Florida
“One of our best meals!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

My husband, son (16), and I had New Year's Eve dinner here. Our reservations were for 8 p.m. but we got here at 7:30 p.m. due to a super quick appearance by the taxi at our hotel. (We didn't know how long it would take to get one and you couldn't reserve one for a specific time that night.) Fortunately, that was not an issue. Upon our arrival we were pleasantly greeted and shown to our table. We were fortunate to eat in a small dining room off the lobby of the hotel it was in. The room was very attractive with a simple design and stone walls, cozy, and quiet. There were about 4 tables of 2, our 1 table with 3 seats that sat 4 and a larger table in the middle of the room that sat about 6-8 people. There was only one other couple there when we came in so we practically had the place to ourselves. Our waiter was wonderful. He was upbeat, pleasant, and efficient. We perused the menu for a while and decided not to have an appetizer but save room for dessert. We ordered 3 entree's. My son had the duck ($36) on a sweet potato puree' with mushrooms in a delicious sauce. I had mackerel filet ($31) pan seared in brown butter on some kind of yummy puree with these soft tomatoes, a foam, and some crispy things on top. My husband had the "gourgeres" which were 3 puff pastries filled with a beschemel sauce and gruyere cheese. We all tried some of each other's entree's and we thought all of them were spectacular. The serving size was not too big and not too small. The food was laid out artistically on the plate. It was definitely eye pleasing. There was a lot of attention to detail. As the evening went on more people came in the dining room. I actually think it was better to be there a little early because our waiter seemed to really be hopping around to cover all the tables he had. I forgot to mention that the menu we were given was also in English which was helpful. We received a desert menu as well. There were just a few choices, maybe 5. My son ordered the apple ginger cherry pie and foie gras ice cream. He loved it. The waiter brought the apples to the table in a little cast iron skillet and assembled the pie in front of my son. There was a small round pastry on the plate. He put the apples on top and sprinkled with dried cherries and something else. I had the flourless chocolate cake with blueberries. It was delicious as well. My husband and I tried my son's dessert and thought it was great too. No complaints what so ever. It was a lovely low key New Year's Eve meal. When we were leaving I peeked into the other part of the restaurant and it was a long narrow room that was bright and lively and rather noisy. It held a lot more people as well. I really preferred our room. I highly recommend giving Toast a try. If you like foie gras this is the place to come as well.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
resto_toast, Responsable relations clients at Toast! Restaurant, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Wow! Thank you very much for those wonderful comments. We really hope to see you again sooner. Best regard.
Ontario
“Amazing food and atmosphere dining under the stars!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We loved this restaurant. By far one of the best meals we have had, it is not too often that you can have such a good meal under the stars in the courtyard of your hotel !

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for those great comments, hope to have you again at Toast very soon.
Providence, Rhode Island
“Might have just been a bad night @ Toast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

8:00PM reservation 12/28/13

We had great expectations for an adventursome dining experience at this highly rated restaurant.

The dining room though small, was comfortable and nicely decorated. The greeter was attentive and we were seated immediately. However the service from the moment we sat down was so bad that it ruined what was otherwise a very good meal.

10 minutes to the 1st drink, 25 minutes from ordering to appetizer and then an excruciating 1 hour + after our apps until our main courses were served. They were apologetic only after I told the waiter how unhappy we were with their service. The food was very good, but at these prices they only did half of their job. Great food alone won't keep the doors open. There are too many fine restaurants in QC to risk dinner here.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your comments.
AZ
“Exquisite and Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We loved everything about this restaurant! The quality, service and ambiance make for an extraordinary dining experience!

Visited December 2013
Merci, merci merci...your precious and very nice comments means a lot for us. Hope to see you soon again at Toast!