“Wait Staff need to be friendlier” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Le Petit Chateau

Le Petit Chateau
5 rue St-Louis, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada (Downtown Quebec City)
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #377 of 1,201 Restaurants in Quebec City
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Toronto, ON
“Wait Staff need to be friendlier”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We had lunch here one day, and the wait staff was great! Breakfast the next morning, not so good! Staff was surly, and although friends joined us before noon...they wouldn't let them have the breakfast menu. One friend asked if they had bananas...apparantly not..you thought she had asked for the moon by the way the staff responded to her. Not such a great experience overall. It's okay..close to Chateau Frontenance hotel...I'd go elsewhere.

Visited January 2013

NY
“"SPUR OF THE MOMENT"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

As I said, my daughter and I stopped in for breakfast on our first full day in Quebec City. Le Petit Chateau did not disappoint. If you go to this restaurant, try the lemon crepe with a side of bacon. You get a big crepe with a wedge of lemon (the way a crepe is supposed to be made) and 3 slices of bacon. An A plus. Since my daughter is a vegan, she just ended up having potatoes, toast, w/jam and coffee. She gave the pototoes an A plus. Sorry we didn't make it back to this establishment to try the fondues.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Get the Fondu Trio!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited Le Petit Chateau during our winter holiday and fondu sounded like the perfect meal for a -30 evening! Although I see a lot of reviewers are not fond of this restaurant, I really enjoyed the three-fondu option that the menu offers. I did not try the crepes, which appears to be what a lot of the reviewers are writing negatively about.
Our three-fondu consisted of a cheese fondu, which was really yummy. The first fondu, cheese fondu, had a really nice flavour to it, and the bread was just a bit stale to soak up a lot of the cheese. The second fondu was the traditional broth with onion, we ordered the stag and the bison. We both preferred the stag, which was softer and less chewy. We noticed that when we cooked both meats more, they both came out tasting softer/less chewy. This was nothing to do with the restaurant though, this was just how the meat was. The third fondu was our dessert, a chocolate fondu. It came with fresh pineapple, strawberry, grapes, maraschino cherries and some marshmallows. The chocolate fondu was equally delicious. The service was fairly good, and our dishes did not take long to get delivered.
Overall, I would definitely visit this place again for the fondu, not sure I would try the crepes though since other reviewers do not seem fond of them.

Visited January 2013
NJ
“Average food, slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stopped for a quick breakfast, service was slow & food just average. Many better choices at this price point.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Beatiful Foliage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The end of October the foliage was breathtaking and the food was great. We eat breakfast here really enjoyed the fall colors. Great shopping in the little stores that are in the hallway to get to the restaurant.

Visited October 2012