“New Years celebration” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Montreal, Canada
“New Years celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were back to one of our favourite restaurants for New Years Eve dinner and were not disappointed. Some places replace their menus with a pricier one, but their table d'hote menu was the same reasonable pricing, plus their regular menu was still available. Food was great; service warm and friendly and very efficient. Delicious "pyramid" dessert. Could not have had a more enjoyable evening.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Montreal, Canada
“casual elegance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a favorite place for my husband and myself; great for a couple but I've been there with friends, family and have always had a warm and pleasant experience. The pizza is fabulous, service friendly but not overly chummy (that can be annoying) and I was very impressed that weeks after we brought my mother there for dinner, the waiter remembered to ask about her. Nice.
Is it the best Italian food I've ever had? Probably not, but is it a consistently pleasant experience with reliably good food? Most definitely; that's why we keep going back. Also, whoever we bring there goes back as well. Most recently we stopped in for a Saturday lunch with some friends from Toronto and lingered over coffee long after the place was empty, but were never made to feel like we need to leave. Our friends loved it.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excellent Italian, Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have had two trips to Montreal for work. The first trip I had no idea where to go and the hotel concierge suggested Il Fornetto after finding out I like Italian food. When the staff found out I was there on business and dining alone, they sat and joined me at my table briefly to chat as did the owner. My wine glass never ran out until my bottle was empty. I had a great pasta dish. The experience was so good, I had to return on my next trip to Montreal. Again, an excellent dining experience!

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sweden
“Fair resturant with excellent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Not much to say about the food... It is good but not outstanding with a good selection of wine.
The thing is the location !
If you want to have a romatic dinner... book a table on the balcony with a view over the Lachine canal but have the dinner late as it can be very warm in the summer.
We had dinner at 19:30 and as we finnished our meal it was all empty on the first floor.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Montreal
“Plain & Simply”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had a Party with a fixed menu. The atmosphere was good and we had a nice corner. The food wasn't bad but nothing special. Service was good. The pizza was the best thing we ate that evening.

• Visited June 2012