“fruits, fruits and more fruits” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Universel

Cafe Universel
1030 Rue Cherrier, Montreal, Quebec, Canada (Le Plateau Mont-Royal)
(514) 598-7136
Improve this listing
Ranked #429 of 4,416 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Dining on a budget, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Miami, Florida
“fruits, fruits and more fruits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

terrific breakfast, near my hotel. Nice professional restaurant, lots of people on the weekend.

Visited December 2011

Ot
“Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I really enjoy the "Cafe Universel" location on Peel. The waffles and crepes are some of the best I've had in a while ! Each trip to Montreal usually ends with a brunch there and I haven't been disappointed so far. Strongly recommended !

Visited November 2011
Thornbury, Ontario, Canada
“We'll be back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

My husband and I are big "moules and frites" fans when there is casual French cuisine around. We dropped into Cafe Universel at a busy lunchtime and sat in their heated terrace. The moules were great, but we've had better frites. Price was reasonable. We would definitely return there if we were in the area.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa
“Excellent Menu and Atmosphere, Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

We ate here as a group several times over a 4 day stay. Great for breakfast lunch or dinner. Very large menu with creativity and delicious large portions. Well prepared food and nice presentation. Service was good even though it was busy. The outside patio was great and inside decor was chic and modern. Our only complaint is the ladies washroom was tied up for an extended period of time as some regular customer apparently likes to spend extended amounts of time in there and wants total privacy. Some of the ladies in our group found this very inconvenient - good thing our hotel was a block away.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Westmount, Canada
“One of my favorite restaurants!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I went and had a very tasty and spicy soup with all the flavors I enjoy. It's as if they knew everything I would enjoy in a soup. Next, I enjoyed some teryaki chicken cooked perfectly with an excellent amount of sauce. I will come back soon!

• Visited August 2011