“Friday and Wednesday What a Deal!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pizza Motta

Pizza Motta
303-315 av Mozart est, Montreal, Quebec H2S 1B8, Canada (Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie)
514-270-5952
Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Takeout, Delivery
Neighborhood: Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie
Montreal
“Friday and Wednesday What a Deal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Had found this place on a trip to the Jean-Talon public Market. Why not finish or start you trip with a great meal. No fuss no frill but great Pizza. This Tratoria right next to the market offers twice a week Pizza party nights. for 10$ you get Pasta with Rosé sauce that is great, Green salad that is a good for the most parts and the clinchers is a variety of pizza all you can eat for a great price Pizza that varies from tomato and cheese to meet lovers and of course as you are in Italian restaurant rapiny the Italian spinach..For those who love thin crust pizza you can eat until your heart’s content. This place is almost always full (don’t go if you are a big group without reserving a table, best go either just you and your better half or another couple. Pizza, pizza, pizza, that is what i can say. Service for the most part is good, but don’t be surprised if it can be long between each one, if this happens this is a great time for you and you lover to catch up on life and take your time. And if Pizza is not your thing they have a great counter of Ready to eat Italian specialities from veal, to pastas, and why not take advantage in buying some dessert to take home and some great Italian favorites. Prices are fair and Octavio the manager is really nice as for most of the staff. If you have trouble with something go see him he will take care of making it right.

So for a great deal and easy eating solutions, Motta is the place to go.!

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Suffield, Connecticut
“A nice Authentic Italian Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

We stopped in a Pizza Motta to have a Italian lunch in the “Little Italy” section. Over the lunch was good reasonably priced. My wife and I had the Lasagna plate which is nice piece of lasagna and salad. The lasagna was good and the sauce very good. The sauce was a plain “marinara” sauce which to me is very important in being authentic. My daughter had a slice of pepperoni pizza. I tried a bite of the pizza and it was good but not great but that is compared to southern New England and New York Pizza. One interesting thing is the pepperoni was more of a cross between a salami and pepperoni and I thought that was actually pretty good. The restaurant is a combination deli, pastry, sandwich and lunch shop. So when you go in it got a little confusing when we wanted to get something and sit down to eat it but only a minor challenge. After lunch we stop at the pastry counter and after I stopped drooling I ordered four “St Joseph Zeppole’s to take back to the hotel for a snack. They were great and worth a stop just for that. If you don’t know what Zeppole’s are let me explain. Zeppoles are fried dough similar to a cream puff but lighter and airier an can be filled with a pastry cream or Ricotta cannoli filling and if done right just melt in your mouth and these were done right. If you get the chance always go for the Ricotta filling. Now the one problem they are only made for a few weeks out of the year during the month of march but if you are there and see them defiantly buy a few to try.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Amazing pizza and pastries! We loved it there.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Great little shop and restaurant. Some very friendly staff offering good service, and the atmosphere was nice with a clean and bright eating area. The food was excellent! The pizza by the slice, pastries, and deli offerings were delicious and reasonably priced. Large portions and made with fresh, high quality ingredients. We will definitely visit again before we leave Montreal.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I don't think I've ever written a review but I've had it with poor customer service. I now plan to write up my experiences every time I have a bad experience.

I've been going to Motta for 15 years. Yesterday was the last time. Yes, the food is good and cheap. And I live right next door. But the service is poor. Staff, most of whom seem related, are always glum and look like they'd rather be cleaning toilets than work there. Their lack of a numbered system means that customers who were there first often get pushed aside by aggressive customers. Yesterday, 3 people were served ahead of me. I complained and the employee looked at me as if I was the one with the problem.

I usually go to Motta 3-4 times a month. Never again.

Monty

• Visited February 2012
Regina, Canada
“Fantastic European pasteries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

Ever since my first visit to Europe, i am on the look out for something similar in North America. Until Motta no one came close. We talked with the staff behind the counters and they were friendly and accommodating. We tried two items with little hope of gastronomic happiness because of past dissapointments elsewhere. Having on Religeous and a Sciillian Cannoli , my Wife and my favourites, we found them to be fantastic. I was in Italy and my wife in France once again. We left to shop etc and decided we could not miss out on this rare treat. We returned and bought 6 pastries for takeaway. Each one that we ate was perfection. You can tell they are homemade and fresh. We also bought some premade sandwiches for the next day and they were good.
Unfortunatley we did not experiance the restuaraunt or the pizza be the slice. Lots of excellant looking takeaway food. Surprisingly the prices are very reasonable as well. If you are going to the Jean talon Market or are in the area, do yourself a favour and head over to Motta. Special!!!

• Visited October 2011