“Excellent service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of il focolaio pizza

il focolaio pizza
1223, rue du Square-Phillips, Montreal, Quebec h3b3e9, Canada (Centre-Ville (Downtown))
514-879-1045
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Waterbury, Connecticut
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This was the first restaurant my husband and I visited upon our arrival. At first we were nervous because we noticed many people in the outside seating area didn't have food. However we were blown away by the sevice. The waitress quickly noticed we were struggling a bit with the French menu and offered an English one (I declined, and managed to put my high school french to good use). I ordered the spinarto and my husband got the Margherita with hot Italian sausage. Both personal sized pizzas arrived in less than 15 minutes. They had a nice sweet thin crust and subtle sauce. The toppings really stood out in terms of flavour. It tasted very fresh. The waitress noticed me taking pictures of the food and my husband and immediately offered to take a picture of both of us. She was very prompt with refilling our waters and bringing us the check. It was a very good experience for our first time in Montreal.

Bedford, United Kingdom
“Great pizza, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Chose this place as the closest pizza restaurant to our hotel. Huge choice of pizzas and if that's not enough you can make up your own !
House wine was cheap and palatable the desserts good as well.
Service was friendly and efficient with no insulting service charge.
Would go again.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Quick and easy good pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We didn't want to do a whole, long sit down meal so we picked il focolaio pizza based on trip advisor reviews. The staff was great, we sat outside, got caught in the rain and they moved us seamlessly. The pizza was good, not great. I'm from New York City so takes a lot to impress my pizza taste buds, haha. If your in the area it's worth stopping.

Porto, Portugal
“tasteful pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Nice pizza for a good price. Good quality ingredients and good service. Had the pizza outdoors and although it rained, I enjoyed it anyway.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Huntington Beach, California
“Comfort pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Again trip advisor did not let us down! We sat outside and quickly ordered the Margarita pie and the meat lovers (#56) after checking out our neighbors pies. You can't help looking as you are sitting on top of each other. I ordered the Sangiovese which was ok and my boyfriend had the sparkling water as he was in competing in the world masters of swimming. The pies arrived quickly and we enjoyed them. Not the best we have ever had but by far not the worse. The hot oil and hot peppers added made my mouth water oh so good!

Visited August 2014