“Fist thing I do is visit Nostos” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #398 of 4,413 restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Greek
Miami, Florida
“Fist thing I do is visit Nostos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Every time I visit Montreal(one of the most beautiful cities in the world) the first thing I do is go to Nostos Souvlaki. It is a to me, the best food there is. It is a combination of grilled, perfectly cooked, always fresh comfort food. I saw on another review here that they cancelled delivery and I believe it is because if you really want the full potential of how good this food really is you need to eat it as soon as it comes of the grill. Though I've heard people rave about their souvlaki, gyro and chiken...."You need to try the LAMB CHOPS!!!!!" WOW. Within a week I will visit Nostos every day and when it is time to go back I order take out and eat it on the plane. The scent of greek spices engulf the plane and you can hear rumbling stomachs from 5 isles away. My mouth is watering as I right this. Thank you Nostos.....for getting it right.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

95% Recommend
“Great doner...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

One of the best doner in Montreal. I have to admit that this is the only thing I tasted in this restaurant: it is that good!. Only problem is that the service can be a little slow when it is busy. If you go early or during the week, it is OK, but if you are in a hurry avoid the week-end!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
montreal
“Number1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Nostos is Montreal's #1 Greek restaurant . I've been going twice/week for years now and still haven't had a bad experience .

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“family meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This restaurant is good for a family meal. Reasonably priced. The grilled chicken is great so is the tarama and tsaziki. We enjoyed the gyro and chicken souvlaki as well as the greek salad. Avoid the lamb chops, they were way too small and the 4 tiny chewy chops were $25. For a greek resto, the fried calamary were just ok. The thicker pieces were quite chewy and the batter was a bit soggy. Would I go back, sure... but I would avoid the chops and calamari.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Great little Greek resto”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Great tasting greek food, offered in a clean, open air restaurant in Ville St Laurent.

Good portions, well prepared meals
Quick, attentive staff