“Amazing food!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Wing Fa Enr

Restaurant Wing Fa Enr
3474 Av Du Parc, Montreal, Quebec H2X 2H5, Canada (Le Plateau-Mont-Royal)
(514) 282-3938
Neighborhood: Le Plateau-Mont-Royal
Calgary, Canada
“Amazing food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012 via mobile

Amazing food. Great services. Wing fa has been around for 30 years and we can tell well. This is a must in Montreal!

100% Recommend
Montreal, Canada
“Top Marks Across the Board”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I recently came here with high expectations after seeing the positive reviews. That being said, I've generally been very disappointed with the places I've tried in various areas of Montreal so far, and had serious doubts as to whether I'd ever find a decent Chinese place in town.

We ordered several plates, each in completely different categories, from vegetables to noodles to pork to soups/fried rice. I'm happy to say that all of them ranged from very good to fantastic. What clearly shone as the highlight though was the roasted duck. In addition to what we ordered, we got a generous serving of complimentary appetizers and desserts - and who doesn't love free food? The bill came out to be very, very reasonable for the amount of food we received.

The service, too, was top notch. The waiters were friendly and attentive, but more importantly, our food arrived extremely quickly. It couldn't have been much more than five minutes between us placing our order and the first dishes arriving. We admittedly went on a quieter evening, but it was nonetheless among the most prompt I've ever had food served. I personally don't place much importance in this, but it should also be noted that the inside was very nicely decorated, featuring various pieces of paintings and ceramics.

If I had any complaint, it'd be that the outside appearance of the restaurant doesn't really do the inside justice. As someone who lives in the neighbourhood, I've walked by the place plenty of times without giving any consideration to actually going inside because it really doesn't look like much from the sidewalk.

It wasn't until I looked up ratings websites such as this one that I decided to give it a shot. It has thoroughly impressed me and is one of those rare cases where I think so highly of a place that I'm compelled to recommend it to as many as I can, hence this review!

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“My Chinese cafetaria in Montreal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011 via mobile

Just love love love this place. When I am back from trips or holidays, Wing Fa is the first place I go. Life is good when there is Wing Fa.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Just perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

Great service, great food, not Expensive.

What can I say the food looked spectacular, and tasted the same way. Service is just great.

What can I say places like this are hard to find

Boston
“Phenomenal Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2008

I recently visited in June for the second time. I cannot wait to return for a third. The table d'hote is not only an incredible value, it is an astounding meal in five courses (plus complimentary port). They are also very accommodating to dietary needs (seafood allergy, vegetarian).

My dining companions and I each ordered a different entree in the table d'hote menu (They have about a half dozen choices). The food is balanced, with complex flavor profiles. Our favorites were the crispy shredded beef in hot sauce and five-spice duck. The simple pickled cabbage and carrots at the start of the meal are proof that a few ingredients can be distinctly satisfying to the palate. The beef was not greasy, perfectly fried with a tangy sweet sauce, lightly spicy and not heavy. The fried spinach with the scallops was a hit with my 3 dining partners.

The service is top notch, very classy.

If you consider yourself a "foodie" who appreciates a low-key place where you can enjoy an evening with friends and family over a fine meal, you must visit Wing Fa when in Montreal.