Stayed here for 5 nights (that turned into 6) over the Grand Prix weekend, it was a points stay for us. Initial impressions were good, found the shuttle bus no problem and the driver was friendly and helped us with our bags. We arrived at the hotel and were greeted at reception. The lady was helpful and friendly and gave us lots of information about the hotel. We were staying in a standard king room and it was lovely, very clean and well maintained with decent hair products.
Throughout the hotel the staff were friendly and the entire place was immaculately clean. Breakfast was much better than we were expecting and is served from 6am during the week and 6.30am at weekends. There was a good choice of hot drinks and juice, yoghurts and fruit, then plenty of cereals and porridge, a selection of bread, bagels, English muffins and muffins with some cold boiled eggs, jam, philli and peanut butter. There are also hot scrambled eggs, bacon, ham and potatoes. Yes its served on paper plates with plastic knives and forks but its a great breakfast especially for free!!!!
From the hotel to downtown its a fairly easy journey. We turned left out of the hotel to Dorval bus station, its a 5 minute walk if that, then we caught the 211 to the Metro station and from there the world is your oyster! To the grand prix circuit it was about an hours journey even at its busiest which we though was great.
We ate dinner in the bar all but 2 nights and it was decent food with a reasonable price tag (for Canada anyway), service was good if a little more unfriendly than the rest of the hotel. The issue we had with the bar was with the loud male bartender who we found was very judgemental towards us being English. When we were served by the girls we got a regular bill, when we were served by him we got a bill with an automatic tip on it. I found this offensive especially as the service from him was pretty rubbish, having to flag him down to order our first round drinks, whilst the North American customers were asked several times if they wanted a top up. We ordered in Dominos pizza when we saw he was on the bar after that!!!
We ended up staying an extra night due to the French air traffic controllers striking. We managed to get the last room in the hotel which was a suite with 2 double beds. This was a very nice room but actually I much preferred our standard room. I should note that I have read comments about not being able to hear much aircraft noise. We live under the Manchester flight path so are pretty used to plane noise but we could most definitely hear the planes and also the trains go by, although it was not loud enough to keep us awake or indeed cause a nuisance.
We had an excellent stay here and apart from one member of staff would highly recommend this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Montreal Airport
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Montreal Airport Hotel Montreal
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Montreal Airport Hotel
- Fairfield Inn Montreal
- Montreal Fairfield
- Montreal Fairfield Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Montreal-Trudeau International Airport, Fairfield Inn & Suites Montreal Airport by Marriott, is a prime Montreal hotel for travelers. Guests of our Marriott Hotel in Montreal, Canada, enjoy comfortable accommodations at a superior value, whether they are visiting for business or pleasure. We serve continental breakfast daily and provide 24-hour shuttle service to and from the airport. Located at the junction of Highway 20 and Highway 520, our airport hotel in Montreal is only a 20-minute drive to downtown. Entertainment options, such as the Formula 1 Grand Prix du Canada, Olympic Stadium, Montreal’s International Jazz Festival and Osheaga Music and Arts Festival, are just a few attractions that make Montreal one of Canada’s most vibrant multicultural cities. For sport fans, the Montreal Canadians NHL team and the Impact MLS soccer team guarantee an exciting show. Marriott Rewards and AAA discounts are just some of the many offers redeemable at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Montreal Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.