“Best Chicken Tandoori” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 4,550 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Description: Resto Darbar features the cuisine of Punjab (Northern India); a reinvention of classic North Indian cuisine for today's more discriminating palate. With over 30 years of experience, our chefs are constantly rethinking the classic Punjabi dishes. Simply said, our vision at Darbar is to showcase the food of modern Punjab: bold, healthy, and flavor-intenseEvery aspect of Darbar – the food, the decor, the ambience is designed to excite the senses while honouring the Punjabi tradition. Exclusively set in one of the most hip and flamboyant cities in the world, Darbar offers a vibrant lounge atmosphere and outdoor terrace where sophistication meshes seamlessly with style.
København
“Best Chicken Tandoori”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

A really nice, small and well decorated Indian restaurant. We've never had better chicken tandoori, but some of their small dishes were not perfectly heated. Hence 'only' 4 stars. But definitely the place to go if you want Indian in Montreal. It doesn't come better at this very reasonable price level.

• Polish first
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Resto Darbar is definitely a good stop for Indian food. My husband and I had a late lunch there one day when the restaurant was mostly empty. Our food was excellent. That said, the bathroom was not particularly clean and I found a small piece of plastic in my salad (like from a wrapper), that did make me question the cleanliness. However, maybe that was just bad luck, since even at the best restaurant things happen. We still thought that the food was very good.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Laval, Canada
“Friendly family, Tasty food, nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I had supper here 2 weeks ago. First time in this restaurant due to an indian food craving. .The Owner was an extremely friendly lady always willing to help and have a chat. Restaurant is cozy , Staff was helpful. The food was very good , the restaurant was clean .2 main meals along with tea for each of us, and 2 desserts approx. 50 $ + Tip . A little pricy for regular portions but decent nonetheless. The plate had a variety of food yet portions were small.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Best indian restaurant in Montreal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is my second visit to this restaurant. I was there with my wife many years ago, and I had forgotten how good the food is. Service is great and with a smile. The restaurant is small so reserve ahead if you're a group.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“BEST indian food in my entire life!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

A must-go for indian food victims like me! Its the best indian food i ever had in my life, and believe me, i've had a lot!!! The athmospere is very authentic, i was the only non indian guest in the restaurant... I just loved it and am definitely coming back!!!