“Excellent space for events!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fourquet Fourchette - CLOSED

Fourquet Fourchette
265, rue Saint-Antoine Ouest, Montreal, Quebec, Canada (Quartier International)
514 789-6370
Improve this listing
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Quartier International
Montpellier, France
“Excellent space for events!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Last minute changes are never welcome when organizing a wedding... and the gentlemen at Fourquet Fourchette were gracious enough to accomodate us and our dinner group of 60 people (!) on quite short notice. We were pleasantly surprised at what we could obtain for our budget - the space in itself was fantastic, a clean yet rustic feel with beer-inspired decor, great food, friendly staff - we really lucked out!
We received great comments all around about the quality of the food and our (halloween wedding) guests were quite pleased with the overall experience.
Highly recommended!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ottawa, Canada
“We wouldn't go back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This restaurant is situated on the ground floor of Le palais des congrès on rue St-Antoine West.
We wanted to go for the French Canadian menu. It was part of the Taste of Montreal trip we went on. This was our last dinner. The meal consisted of one appetizer, a main dish, a dessert, tea and coffee for $19.00. My appetizer was good but I had to pay an extra $8.00 for it. It was smoked salmon and a scallop. For the main dish, I chose the duck leg confit from Palmex Farm, on a white coco bean stew à la Bolduc. No matter how you dress up the name of this plate, it was horrible. The duck leg came lukewarm and therefore very very fatty - unedible. You could actually spoon out the congealed white duck fat. The beans underneath were tasteless. For dessert, I ordered the vanilla crème brûlée, which was very well named as it was burned and also inedible. I gave it to my daughter who also could not eat it. We actually both spit it out. The coffee came lukewarm and also burnt. In all fairness, my daughter ordered the Seared Québec pig trotter, mini meat pie, meatball stew and homemade ketchup. She enjoyed her meal. For dessert, she had the Pudding Chômeur and also liked it. The service was very poor. Our water glasses were not filled. I was so thirsty, I could no longer wait so I got up, went to the bar, grabbed the water pitcher and filled up our glasses myself. When it came time to pay, we waited half an hour at the cash while our waiter was busy serving others. Perhaps it was because they had a section of over 70 people who just came from a conference and the restaurant was understaffed to accommodate them. However, it was very disappointing for us, travelling from Ottawa only to not enjoy a good French Canadian meal. Needless to say, we did not leave a very big tip. My tip to you is that if you do go to this restaurant, you may want to order their award winning 2010 Debeur prize Shepherd's pie called Fourquet's cottage pie. Perhaps that's what I should have ordered.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Portland
“Very enjoyable ... a little different”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This restaurant, which is associated with the Unibroue craft brewery in suburban Chambly, is located in the Palais des Congress, a big convention complex in downtown Montreal. It is a cut above most such convention center establishments. First, it's one big room which looks a bit like a backwoods mess hall -- make sure to check out the tables with their inset beer-related displays. Secondly, the menu (which is small but varied) includes some backwoods meals, including cottage pie, which is what I ordered. I thought it would be a pot pie, and to a degree it was ... but without pastry or crust. Instead there was a fluffy very yellow topping over pulled bison (think pot roast) and cubed potatoes. The bright yellow took a little getting used to but the meal was different and tasty. My wife had a seafood salad which was more traditional but no less satisfying. Both soup and salad are included with the meal (what a throwback concept!), as was a small rum cake dessert. These add-ins made the $16 per entree cost for lunch quite reasonable.

The Unibroue beers, five of which were on tap, are a nice compliment to the food ... and, thankfully, won't be mistaken for Molsons.

The service was polite and good, but get there for lunch before the conventions let out, because the "rush" does slow things down a bit.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
toronto
“local fare well presented”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

The decor of this restaurant is kind of odd, sort of old tacky cottage. But the food was great. The kitchen focuses on local ingredients prepared simply and we had a tremendous meal. The root vegetable soup was excellent and refreshingly prepared without cream. The entrees were meat heavy so probably not a great choice for vegans unless you are happy to have several appetizers as the meal. Enjoyed the Quebec wine recommended. Overall positive experience. Only quibble was that service was obliging but slow so not the place if you're in a hurry.

Visited April 2012
Montreal, Canada
“great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

good food - great location on the water but the chairs are not comfotable. worth the drive for sure.

Visited September 2011