“Chicken Wings... Wow” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tamales

Tamales
124, rue Prince-Arthur Est, Montreal, Quebec H2X 1B5, Canada (Le Plateau-Mont-Royal)
514-8480440
Neighborhood: Le Plateau-Mont-Royal
Montreal, Canada
“Chicken Wings... Wow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

I went with a friend as we were visiting this popular street. This was the only restaurant on the street that had really caught our eyes. Choice between italian or greek the whole street. Mexican mixed things up. We were kindly greeted by the hostess and was brought to our table. The decoration was very nice along with the 8 HD TV's on the walls, everywhere we looked we saw the Habs Game. We started with an order of Sangria. I found it the best Sangria I have had in a while. Fresh fruit, real wine, and full of flavor. We were told the menu had just been changed and were surprised when we were offered a free chicken wing as a sample. FANTASTIC!!!!! I cannot stretch enough how good they were. They were big and full of meat, they were very crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. However, that wasn't what hooked me. No, it was the sauce. The sauce was excellent. Different from any other sauce I have eaten with my wings. A very good smokey start with a spicy tang at the end. Together my friend and I shared a plate of 8 wings with our sangria. Good start. Main plates I tried their new burger, and my friend had the caesar salad. It looked weird but we were told by the manager that it is the traditional Mexican dressing, different but different that night was very good. The hamburger and fries and mayo sauce that came with my hamburger was so good. We also tried different Mexican beers that I have never heard of before.

I ate there before reading all of these reviews and I was shocked when I read what was written. When I saw the response from the owner it was nice to see that they take what we clients have to say and work for the better. I was impressed and loved it. We will be back for sure

Visited March 2011

Montreal, Canada
“Loved it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

The food is absolutely amazing!!! I loved the Mole sauce, and my friend had the house enchiladas in a spicy green tomatoe sauce.. To die for!!! Can't wait to go back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ontario
“This place should be put out of busniess”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

It wasn't the soggy nachos that annoyed me,
It wasn't the sour sangria with little flavour,
It wasn't being repeatedly ignored by waitstaff..
In fact, it wasn't even watching my food get served to another table that has prompted me to write this review.
What has undeniably forced me to write this review is the audacity of our server to automatically charge me a 15% gratiuity on the crappiest food and service I've ever received.
Be warned fellow travellers - do not spend your hard-earned money at this place.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Burlington, VT
“Disgusting - Don't go there.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

My boyfriend and I made the mistake of going to Tamales Restaurant this afternoon while in Montreal and it was one of the worst dining experiences I've ever had. We thought that there were other customers inside but it was really just the waitstaff and bartenders talking. We were the only people there which should have been a good sign that it wasn't a great place to eat. We decided to "play it safe" and ordered a quesadilla and nachos to share. The nachos were sitting in this bean water (supposed to be bean sauce?) and they were completely soggy. The quesedilla was ok...but comparing anything to the nachos would have made it seem better. The bill was over $30 for the 2 appetizers and 1 beer. Outrageous. Just don't go.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glasgow
“Worst food and service we've had in Canada”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

Very bland food. Rude arrogant service. Avoid.
Please don't be fooled by the menu. Plenty of other good restaurants in Montreal.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere