“Great family run italian restaurant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of il Piatto Pieno

il Piatto Pieno
177, St-Zotique est, Montreal, Quebec H2S 1K9, Canada (Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie)
514 773-1616
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie
Montreal, Quebec
“Great family run italian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The place is often packed but it is worth the wait. Food is quite good and very fresh. The pizza is one of the best in little italy.

Montreal, Canada
“Affordable, delicious Italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I love the pizza at Piatto Pieno. The dough is made from scratch and not frozen like many other Montreal pizzerias. Toppings are first grade and always fresh. I've never had their pasta, but my dinner companions raved about their meals.The fact that this is a "bring your own wine" restaurant makes it quite affordable. I love sitting outside in the summer time in the small enclosed courtyard. My only qualm with this restaurant is the service. I've been many times and find that the service isn't alway consistent. Sometimes, on a quiet day, service will be fast but if you happen to be there on a very busy day, then you might be disappointed by the promptness of the service. But whether fast or slow, service is always with a smile.

Montreal, Canada
“Best Italian Bring Your Own Wine in Montreal!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

For such a huge restaurant, the food quality, the service and the ambiance are amazing! I have no idea what people who gave bad reviews were expecting and I was even wondering if it was the same restaurant!

The appetizers were great, the pasta was divine and we cannot wait to go back to try the pizza!

Montreal, Canada
“Il PIATTO PIENO = IL PIATTO TERRIBILE !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

If you are looking for terrible food, then look no further. Il Piatto Pieno located on St-Zotique in Little Italy is one of the worst restaurants in Montreal. The food is simply not fresh, badly cooked and tasteless. I got sick after eating there. I hope health inspectors pay these guys a visit on a weekly basis. NEVER will I go back!!!

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious and affordable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I love this retaurant! I have been there with my husband many times, took my family and friends and we are always pleased with the delicious italian food. It's home made italian food, large portions and fresh salads are great ! And you bring your own wine so the bill is very affordable! For the last 5 years, Piatto Pieno has been my favorite restaurant. They also have a terrasse in the back which I love! Bon Appétit!

• Visited March 2012